Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elkhorn City @ Mullins 10-18-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mullins A and B teams split with Elkhorn City tonight. A team final, Mullins 27 E.C. 22. Mullins trailed 22-19 going into the 4th quarter but outscored E.C. 8-0 to take the victory. Rachel Blackburn calmly sunk two free throws with 11.5 second left to seal the victory. Sam Tibbs also had to two big three point shots in the fourth quarter. A team improves to 9-10 on the year. Leading scorers for Mullins were: Tayler Hamilton 10 pts. (this girl played a great ball game) Sam Tibbs 9 pts, Rachel Blackburn 4 pts, Amy Tibbs and Cassidy Mullins had 2 pts each.

B team fell to a bigger and more experienced E.C. team. B team final, E.C. 26 Mullins 15. Elkhorn City led the whole game thru. Mullins was led in scoring by: Cassidy Mullins, Kara Parsley and Bailey Birchfield with 4 pts each, Kendra Collins had 2 pts and Hope Hunter had 1 pt. B team falls to 11-8 on the year. Confusednicker:
Very nice and accurate info in the game. Please keep us up to date on this team.:thanks:
We have heard Mullins has a very good group of young girls coming up that could be outstanding in the future. Any word?
All of the A team starters have seen time at Pike Central, but all are role players, don't think we have any superstars just yet. If they continue to work, should contribute greatly down the road. I would rate Rachael Blackburn as the number one player, Amy Tibbs as the number two and Tayler Hamilton number three. Sam Tibbs is a streaky shooter and Lorin Holloway is the defensive presence and rebounder. Hannah Adkins has a pretty shot, but has trouble creating her own shot, but if she is open, she is tough to handle. :Shaking::Shaking:

As far as the younger talent. Cassidy Mullins is by far the best ball player we have. She is a legit 6th grader (no holdback), makes good decisions, can handle the ball and looks to get everyone involved. Other 6th graders who see a lot of minutes on the B team are Alexis Ray, Haley Boyd, Kara Parsley and Bailey Birchfield. These girls are very talented and if they continue to work and get better, Mullins will be tough in a couple of years.

Keep in mind, Mullins only has 4 seventh graders on their roster. Lyndsey Newsome, Hope and Faith Hunter and Kendra Collins. These girls usually rotate between the 3-4- and 5 spot. Again, these girls have never been held back, and do well considering they are usually facing bigger, more experienced girls. They all have some things too work on, but will only be better next year.
How did you do the ratings of each player and did you take into consideration the position each plays because most plays should be run for your Big players on the inside. Also breaking the press is not only your PG but each player should be in their spot and know who and where to pass the ball two.
To be honest, I just went with my gut. Didn't really think about it in that much detail, I do see your points however. These are great kids and no matter where I rank them, it doesn't matter. I am nobody, just giving my opinion. If they continue to work and develop, they will only get better. Best of luck to all of them in the future.
It has been brought to my attention that these "rankings" I put on here caused quite a stir.

Folks, all I was doing was answering a question that was asked of me by someone else. I did not mean to "knock" any of the girls in any way. I probably should have given an opinion and not listed 1,2,3, etc. That's my fault and it won't happen again.

You guys know that I want Mullins to succeed to their fullest potential, that is all. I am these kids biggest fan, (aside from their own parents), when one does well, they all do well. I wish you guys the best the rest of the year, always work hard and continue to get better. :igiveup: