Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Mayfield vs #7 Russellville, predictions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a great 1a match up this week in Russellville. Just want to see what everyone thinks. Will the trip be too much for Mayfield or will they be able to withstand the Panthers attack.

I would say MHS 44- Rville 6
mayfield by as many TDs as they want
Blitz Wrote:mayfield by as many TDs as they want

Will give more credit than that Mayfield 45 to 14.
I think Mayfield won 42-0 last year. I think Russellville is a little better this year. Mayfield 35-7.
Mayfield 49

Russelville 17
And these rankings came from where???????????
Mayfield by all accounts is a little better than they were last year also. Mayfield by 20.
Mayfield by 17

Russellville played a very good game against Ft Campbell early in the season and FT CAmpbell destroyed PT and Mayfield convincingly beat PT as well. It will be a good game but Mayfield pulls away in the end.
Mayfield
bac be careful using PT as a barometer. They have been way too much of a Jeckel and Hyde team this year. They can be different from game to game and heck they can even be different team from drive to drive. One thing about them that you can never account for though is talent. They always have it and if they get some type of rythem about them, they will be very hard to beat. Here are some things you dont know about our game. We drove all the way down the field twice on them and had a fumble, one of which the player was down when he fumbled but oh well. One of those fumbles was returned for a touchdown. All of that was a 21 point swing. You take those away and instead of 42-21, we would have beaten them 56-14. Rville has a great man at head coach and he knows Mayfield Football very well. I expect that he will have some things that will slow us down at the beginning, that is why I only had us scoring 44. Until you watch this offense you cant really understand just how good they are this year. Look at Madisonvill N-H and see who else got close to putting 63 up on them. We had the jv in. Look at Graves Co and see who put of 56 on them. Again, we had the jv in. I gotta think that overall Graves has to be better than the ville.
I'm with you Dusty. No way Russellville is the #7 team.
mayfield 44 Russellville 22 :howdy: showing a little love from 64SUR Confusedhh:Confusedmoke:
Hey look everyone, it's sur64. Hey old buddy old pal, how's it going. Thats the first post you got right all year, except for the point spread.Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:bac be careful using PT as a barometer. They have been way too much of a Jeckel and Hyde team this year. They can be different from game to game and heck they can even be different team from drive to drive. One thing about them that you can never account for though is talent. They always have it and if they get some type of rythem about them, they will be very hard to beat. Here are some things you dont know about our game. We drove all the way down the field twice on them and had a fumble, one of which the player was down when he fumbled but oh well. One of those fumbles was returned for a touchdown. All of that was a 21 point swing. You take those away and instead of 42-21, we would have beaten them 56-14. Rville has a great man at head coach and he knows Mayfield Football very well. I expect that he will have some things that will slow us down at the beginning, that is why I only had us scoring 44. Until you watch this offense you cant really understand just how good they are this year. Look at Madisonvill N-H and see who else got close to putting 63 up on them. We had the jv in. Look at Graves Co and see who put of 56 on them. Again, we had the jv in. I gotta think that overall Graves has to be better than the ville.

I agree they are and i will add that i was meaning no disrepect in saying that FT Campbell destroyed them and Mayfield beat them convincingly.. I was just using two different words.. I also agree the score could of been worse but it wouldnt and that couldnt be helped. The game wasnt close i remember hearing and seeing updates on another board...
I Pick mayfield to score 44 just like you mysonis55,now let your 2nd team play after halftime an russellville will score 22:theman::wenumber1 williamsburg warming the bus upConfusedmoke:
Finally, 64 and I agree on something.:lmao: It is true that miracles happen every day.Confusednicker: I almost passed out when I read that.:thanks: Wait a minute, is this one of those things where he is quietly setting there at his desk just waiting for me to send a reply so he can stick that stupid you got served sign and the police on here again.:HitWall: I can't take it anymore, I'm cracking under all the pressure.:insane:
Maybe if Benton and Quarles came back from UK and suited up. Otherwise Mayfield by x4 TD's.

Great atmosphere at Russellville. Everybody sits on one side. Nice old timey feel to it all.
This was closer than I thought it would be. Not trying to take anything away from Russellville, but we looked like at first we were just thinking because we had gotten off of the bus the boys from the ville were just gonna lay down for us. We would put together a good drive and let a stupid penalty or turnover stop us. We were doing silly things like dropping punts on a fair catch and trying to pick up punts that were laying still on the ground with a defender standing right over the person trying to pick it up. Also running the punts backwards for 15 yards or so. As hard as the ville played they could not stop us as much as we stopped ourselves. Not a very crisp game. I bet that gets fixed this week in practice, Look out Caldwell. I dont think the boys will sleep walk next week.
Mayfield looks like they will not have a competitive game until the semis.