Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Players from your school in the last 10 years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are some of the best players to play for your school in the last 10 seasons?
Nobody?
How about your school first
At Paintsville

Jeremy Slone and Chas Harmon c/o 2002
Brad Turner was a pretty good player @ Paintsville as well.
Paintsville
Matt Brown
Josh McKenzie
Craig Ratliff
Chas Harmon
Dustin Hall
Jeremy Slone
Charlie Collett
Brad Turner
Josh Lemaster
Shane Simpkins
Danny Scott was a dandy of a catcher at Paintsville. Will Lauffer led the team in doubles his senior year and was also a pretty good catcher.
Shelby Valley

I know the program pretty well from the last 8 years or so, so I'll name all the good players from those teams...

Rusty Newsome
Kyle Alley
Terry Wright (best player ever @ SV)
Scotty Hamilton
Todd Newsome
Brandon Stevens
Justin Bryant
Mike Burke
Brad Bentley
Shawn Kendrick
Kyle Pinson
Josh Bentley
Brock Wright
Larry Little
Bob Tackett
Patrick Tackett
What about Willie Blair from Johnson Central? He was pretty good I assume! Rolleyes
StrikeoutKing Wrote:What about Willie Blair from Johnson Central? He was pretty good I assume! Rolleyes

This thread is about players from the last 10 years....Though Heath Castle from Johnson Central was an awesome pitcher for Johnson Central in 2000
^Heath was tough from what I've heard. Does anybody know where he is at now?
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley

I know the program pretty well from the last 8 years or so, so I'll name all the good players from those teams...

Rusty Newsome
Kyle Alley
Scotty Hamilton
Todd Newsome
Brandon Stevens
Justin Bryant
Mike Burke
Brad Bentley
Shawn Kendrick
Kyle Pinson
Josh Bentley
Brock Wright
Larry Little
Bob Tackett
Patrick Tackett

:lmao: half those ppl u named dont even need to be named to the most halfway decent players at sv in the last 4 years! I dont even no who a couple of them are and then sum of the ones I do no of were horrible!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Paintsville
Matt Brown
Josh McKenzie
Craig Ratliff
Chas Harmon
Dustin Hall
Jeremy Slone
Charlie Collett
Brad Turner
Josh Lemaster
Shane Simpkins

Jason Kinner, David Castle would be ahead of a few on this list, IMO.
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley

Rusty Newsome
Kyle Alley
Scotty Hamilton
Todd Newsome
Brandon Stevens
Justin Bryant
Mike Burke
Brad Bentley
Shawn Kendrick
Kyle Pinson
Josh Bentley
Brock Wright
Larry Little
Bob Tackett
Patrick Tackett

I agree Terry Kinney was the best player to ever play at Shelby Valley!
Geraldo Rivera Wrote::lmao: half those ppl u named dont even need to be named to the most halfway decent players at sv in the last 4 years! I dont even no who a couple of them are and then sum of the ones I do no of were horrible!

You can have your opinion, but I just posted who I thought were some of the best in the last 10 years...And I know for a fact the players I named all brought different positive aspects to the team, and I question if you know or not...

Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:I agree Terry Kinney was the best player to ever play at Shelby Valley!

Who's Terry Kinney?
Disco Stu Wrote:^Heath was tough from what I've heard. Does anybody know where he is at now?

Last I heard, he was with the Yankees organization in the minors. Either with the Charleston Riverdogs or Tampa Yankees. I recently was told he was released during spring training this year.
Disco Stu Wrote:Who are some of the best players to play for your school in the last 10 seasons?
10 years. that puts me out of it. making me feel old
Steven Blevins from Lawrence Co He has started and won several games for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats this year as a Freshman
The Blue Blur Wrote:Paintsville
Matt Brown
Josh McKenzie
Craig Ratliff
Chas Harmon
Dustin Hall
Jeremy Slone
Charlie Collett
Brad Turner
Josh Lemaster
Shane Simpkins

These three could crush the ball:
McKenzie
Dave Castle
Jason Kinner
Pikeville:
Josh Barone
Josh Shofner
Chad Childers
ballfan87 Wrote:Steven Blevins from Lawrence Co He has started and won several games for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats this year as a Freshman
He set the school's record for wins in a season as a freshman. He will be a dandy!
HazzBeen Wrote:These three could crush the ball:
McKenzie
Dave Castle
Jason Kinner

There were several massive bombs hit off of those 3 bats.
Lets go back 12 years and talk about Brad Tiller from Sheldon Clark :Thumbs:
The only person I can think of from Prestonsburg is John Ortega. He's about the only one that comes to my mind.
SC has had some pretty good ones

Travis Carter was so fast out there in center and he could make some amazing plays, unfortunately he is no longer with us due to a tragic accident...
Anthony Potter was about as smoothe as you could be at SS and he could stroke it
Brian Fletcher, good pitcher, good 2nd baseman
Jamie Jarret, one very intese catcher
Steven Howell was a doubles machine 1B
Robert Howell was an awesome player, pitcher, 3B
Derek Maynard good fielding 3B, but was slower then molasses in the arctic
Kyle Horn was the best pitcher in the region his senior season...
Brandon May is possibly the best player in the region right now
braxton Lafferty has been good but has had a pretty dissappointing senior campaign

Those are some of SC's best over the past few years
alfus21 Wrote:You can have your opinion, but I just posted who I thought were some of the best in the last 10 years...And I know for a fact the players I named all brought different positive aspects to the team, and I question if you know or not...

Who's Terry Kinney?

I ment wright sorry
Braxton Lafferty's senior campaign is hardly disappointing. His BA is now well over 400. Last week it was around 4.39 according to the newspaper and he had a good game against Paintsville since then. He was 4 for 4 against LC too. Lafferty may not be the leading homerun hitter but he sure is consistant at getting on base. He is a player that stats don't show how good he really is, especially at fielding. B Laff has made some awesome dives and catches that many batters will attest to. He currently leads the team with hitting and pitching, and his speed is the teams best. According to the paper, his ERA is 1.4, second in the region. Not bad for someone who hasn't pitched that long. Kenneth Todd is next with pitching for SCHS then Shawn Johnson. Brandon hasn't been the ace that SCHS counted on but there is a lot of baseball left. His BA is down to .350 but the kid has 4 homeruns. Shawn Johnson and Justin Horn are hitting and playing well. SCHS has had some great talent in the last 10 years and this year is no exception. Some that come to mind are: Brian Fletcher, Travis Carter, Chad Howell, Brent Weaver, Jimmy Goble, J. Durham, Brandon Lafferty, Ryan Howell, and most recently Jamie Jarrett, B. May and B Laff. I'm sure a few more deserve mentioning but I'll have to check on the timeline.
Braxton Lafferty's senior campaign is hardly disappointing. His BA is now well over 400. Last week it was around 4.39 according to the newspaper and he had a good game against Paintsville since then. He was 4 for 4 against LC too. Lafferty may not be the leading homerun hitter but he sure is consistant at getting on base. He is a player that stats don't show how good he really is, especially at fielding, where he is the region's best. B Laff has made some awesome dives and catches that many batters will attest to. He currently leads the team with hitting and pitching, and his speed is the teams best. According to the paper, his ERA is 1.4, second in the region. Not bad for someone who hasn't pitched that long. Kenneth Todd is next with pitching for SCHS then Shawn Johnson. Brandon hasn't been the ace that SCHS counted on but there is a lot of baseball left. His BA is down to .350 but the kid has 4 homeruns. Shawn Johnson and Justin Horn are hitting and playing well. SCHS has had some great talent in the last 10 years and this year is no exception. Some that come to mind are: Brian Fletcher, Travis Carter, Chad Howell, Brent Weaver, Jimmy Goble, J. Durham, Brandon Lafferty, Ryan Howell, and most recently Kyle Horn, Jamie Jarrett, B. May and B Laff. I'm sure a few more deserve mentioning but I'll have to check on the timeline. .
Sorry guys i know terry real well, he is a damn good baseball-softball player lol. But he may be the 2nd best player ever at SV. Behind his cousin Shannon(creek rat) Wright.
HazzBeen Wrote:Pikeville:
Josh Barone
Josh Shofner
Chad Childers

No doubt 3 of the best to ever wear the Pikeville uniform...
Pages: 1 2