Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Harlan County 10/26/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
starting this one early but i got to because this one is gonna be a good one to watch! :pondering: cant wait to see the outcome?
Any word if this game will be played on the new field or not?
Bell county
Bell County by tree fiddy.
on new turf harlan county,on old field,,,bell. i think the hype and crowd that would be at the new school would be the"driving force"to pull the bears through.being at the old field would just re-live a bad past against bell.new school,new stadium,new turf,1st game at new stadium,maybe a new result?
New field same result. Bell will take care of business. HC puts too much into this game every year. Maybe this time they don't over hype the game among themselves!!!

Has anyone confirmed it is on the new field?
How easy does blood come out of turf? Why open a new field on a night when you are going to smashed as hard as the Black Bears are?
running_clock Wrote:How easy does blood come out of turf? Why open a new field on a night when you are going to smashed as hard as the Black Bears are?

This thread has been up a while and I am thrilled not one post from an HC fan. HC has the biggest game of the year in front of them Friday with Perry Central. Perry is a very hard place to play and the Bears need to get their motor running and take care of business.
yea this is way to early to start predicting, we must wait to see how the harlan and perry county central games goes.. of course we play mccreary central we are just wanting to come out the game injury free..
I just like how a Middlesboro fan gets excited about Bell football. I can't blame them though. Watching the two biggest and best teams in the mountains is pretty exciting.

Bell 24

HC 9

Yep, I see a safety in this game.

Confusednicker:
I agree that HC needs to take it one week at a time, as up and down as their defense has been it could be a long night. What I don't agree with is the two "biggest and best teams" in the mind. HC hasn't proved themselves in big games to go with that kind of statement, although most or their fan base thinks they can beat anyone. Until they can beat bell year in year out and KC they will be top 5 at best. Good luck to both this week and next week as well.
that is funny Bobber...Bell I can see BUT Knox Central...that is funny...so you all beat us one year then drop us...I don't think you have anything to say about Knox Central pertaining to HC.
Bell has a good team. It will be tough but I think HC will finally break through. It will not matter where! Bell beat Whitley by 7, we beat the #%^% out of them. I believe HC will be ready! 1st things 1st! Perry here we come!
I was just stating that for HC to ever be considered one of the best teams in the mountains, they must not only play the best teams but consistently beat them. HC has the potential to do that, just haven't so far. As far as scheduling sometimes with contracts and schools their scheduling is hard because of district games and travel, as everyone knows. It can sometimes take a couple of years to get the teams you want, not always a matter of "they don't want to play us". Win the big games you have on the schedule and you will get the respect. I know a lot from HC their are some good kids and parents and I hope they are successful but until they dominate the good teams year in year out they can't claim that. I am not from knox but I know many from their as well they beat JC and HC this year and if they continue that in the coming years they will be one of the best. I am for all of our mountain schools and wish them all the best.
lol
There is some funny shit in this thread....just saying....

Running clock? Seriously? When was the last time you were in a game with a running clock? Um wait I mean when you were not down...lol. Then we got knob bobber...lol....

You guys are too much...
Ouch, truth hurts!
Check your post from 9/22 at 9.28pm. Says a lot about what you know there ole KB....
Bobber Wrote:I agree that HC needs to take it one week at a time, as up and down as their defense has been it could be a long night. What I don't agree with is the two "biggest and best teams" in the mind. HC hasn't proved themselves in big games to go with that kind of statement, although most or their fan base thinks they can beat anyone. Until they can beat bell year in year out and KC they will be top 5 at best. Good luck to both this week and next week as well.

Harlan County won a regional championship in its third season of existence, has won a playoff game in every year of its existence and has never had a losing season.
How many teams can you think of with a better start than that?
Bobber Wrote:I agree that HC needs to take it one week at a time, as up and down as their defense has been it could be a long night. What I don't agree with is the two "biggest and best teams" in the mind. HC hasn't proved themselves in big games to go with that kind of statement, although most or their fan base thinks they can beat anyone. Until they can beat bell year in year out and KC they will be top 5 at best. Good luck to both this week and next week as well.

Harlan County's defense hasn't really been up and down. They gave up a lot in the first two weeks, but have been great since then, giving up an average of 7.5 points and 97 yards per game in the last six outings. I doubt many teams in southeastern Kentucky have better numbers than those.
Off the subject a little, but who do you guys believe plays in the better region (Harlan Co or Bell Co.)?
I think Louisville Central is enough to make Bell's better.
HDE Wrote:Harlan County won a regional championship in its third season of existence, has won a playoff game in every year of its existence and has never had a losing season.
How many teams can you think of with a better start than that?

Congratulations! Unfortunately I don't keep stats based on how good teams are the first few years that they are open. It's good that you guys have got off to a good start and no one will deny that, but not many people on here can answer your question because not many people care.
I'm going to go ahead and retire from this thread before I get in trouble Smile

Bell County fans say that Harlan County puts too much stock in this game every year - but from what I can tell they are the ones starting the thread 2 weeks early
^
:truestory:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm going to go ahead and retire from this thread before I get in trouble Smile

Bell County fans say that Harlan County puts too much stock in this game every year - but from what I can tell they are the ones starting the thread 2 weeks early

It was actually a middlesboro fan that started this thread...
Harlan,Cent not beat them yet and they want this year either. I like how everyone looks ahead.
Bell Co 35
Harlan Co 14
Bell will win this one...
It's finally here. Let's get it started. This is always a great thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7