Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Towles doubtful against Georgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They should just redshirt him and be done with him until next season. If Joker wont do it, the AD should step in and make him.
^Just heard he was upgraded to doubtful.

I still say that he shouldn't play.
I think Kentucky is doubtful against Georgia
^ By about 60 points
toussaints Wrote:I think Kentucky is doubtful against Georgia

LOL! True story man.
Towles would help us, but we will lose either way lol
I'd say Towles will be ready for the Missouri game.
LWC Wrote:They should just redshirt him and be done with him until next season. If Joker wont do it, the AD should step in and make him.

If I may respectfully disagree. I want the best possible product on the field at all times. If that means Towles plays the rest of the year, so be it. Furthermore, the experience he would gain would put him in the position to better compete for next year's starting position. If he was to beat out Smith next year, it would be a better product on the field next year.

I understand fully the reason to redshirt: allow him to be eligible for the 2016 season. That's too far away for me to worry about. We need to win and win now. I like Smith, but there is obviously a reason Sanders has put in the dunk and chunk passing system. Perhaps Smith doesn't have the arm strength necessary to throw the ball down field. I don't know. Maybe it's because our O line can't pass block long enough for long down field passes. That's a possibility too. But in any event, I know for certain that Towles has the arm strength to get the ball downfield. It's tough enough to pass the ball downfield against SEC DBs. If they know you won't or can't stretch the field, it makes it easier for those DBs to shut you down (think Bonner vs Lorenzen of years back and why Mumme made the very difficult and unpopular decision to go with Lorenzen over a returning Bonner). If it is an arm strength issue with Smith, Towles may be our best chance of throwing the ball deep next year and loosening up the coverage. Thus I want him to have as much experience possible heading into next year.

If Smith was to beat out Towles next year, Towles can always redshirt next year if Smith could avoid being injured for any length of time and use Whitlow as the QB (while learning playing a receiver position... got to get that kid on the field somewhere as he is a very, very good athlete).

I say play him.
He can get a medical redshirt still bench him.
Towles is out for Saturday -- Per Alan Cutler
Well I am on my way up to Lexington. Dunno why I still go to all the home games and watch us get killed but I do.