Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry to 3A RUMOR?? Is it true?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was talking with one of the SC parents the other day and he told me that one of the smaller highscools would be consolidating with Belfrey next season. He also stated that Belfrey would have to move up to 3A. I can't remember which school it was that he said was closing. If this true wouldn't that change their schedule completely and add teams like JC? BUT, has anyone else heard this and is there any truth to this at all? Inquiring minds want to know!
I dont think this is true, I havent heard the first thing about it, and their isnt any schools around to consolidate with.
There is no consoladation with Belfry. The only school in the Pike County District that could possibly consolidate with Belfry would be Phelps, and that is to large of a school district to bus kids to and from. They would have to build a school more in the middle of the two and then it would be a waste of the new school that Belfry has just gotten. There is no consolidation so this rumor has been laid to rest. Unfortunatley for my Cardinals and everyone else in AA Belfry is staying right where they are at.
With talk of going to 5 or 6 classes, that may be a way that Belfry will move up.
LC99 Wrote:With talk of going to 5 or 6 classes, that may be a way that Belfry will move up.

All teams will be moving up a class....2A will be 3A, 3A will be 4A, and so on...
Theyre was talk some time ago that if a road could be built either over or through a certain mountain over that way that a Belfry-Phelps consolidation would be feasible. But that was years ago so I think the 6 classes thing is what that person has heard IMO.
I've heard that they were going to 3A the past 2 years and it still hasnt happend so I think its just a rumor or unless they move to 5A or 6A !
No more consolidation of high schools in Pike Co.
The new school is nice, and alot of kids are moving in. So what is the head count.
hotrod Wrote:The new school is nice, and alot of kids are moving in. So what is the head count.
I think 600+ maybe low 700's
Appreaciate the reponses fellas. Like I said I had just heard this and I figured a few of you guys from out that way might be able to shed a little light on it for me. Thanks for knockin' that one in the head for me. Good Luck to the Pirates next season!
BelfryPride Wrote:All teams will be moving up a class....2A will be 3A, 3A will be 4A, and so on...

Actually there are several teams that will stay in 2A, at least by the projections I have seen. Fort Campbell, Shelby Valley, Glasgow, Newport, and Washington County are just some of them.
With all they new kids moving in Belfry has a very good chance to move up even with out the new class system the thing is though they only make changes to the classes every 4 years or so...Thereforth it could very well happen but not this year b/c the classes were realigned this past year correct...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:With all they new kids moving in Belfry has a very good chance to move up even with out the new class system the thing is though they only make changes to the classes every 4 years or so...Thereforth it could very well happen but not this year b/c the classes were realigned this past year correct...
When 119 is all the way done half of Johns Creek will be going to school at Belfry IMO.
idk about that Panther with the new grade school being built on the hill that may actually keep the kids around...and may bring more in...
Damn I was hoping they would so Prestonsburg would actually win their district. Smile