Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 Class 3A Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
District 1

In
Fort Campbell (3-0)
Paducah Tilghman (2-1)
Trigg County (2-1)
Heath (1-2)

Out
Webster County (0-3)

District 2

In
Monroe County (3-0)
Adair County (2-1)
South Warren (2-1)
Hart County (1-3)

Out
Edmonson County (0-3)

District 3

In (4 Team District)
Central
E-Town
Henry County
LaRue County

District 4

In
Bell County (3-0)
Wayne County (3-1)

On the Bubble
Corbin (1-2)
Casey County (1-2)

Out
McCreary Central (0-3)

District 5

In
Bath County (4-0)
Bourbon County (4-0)
Garrard County (2-2)

On The Bubble
Powell County (1-3)
Western Hills (1-3)

Out
Estill County (0-4)

District 6

In
Russell (3-1)
Fleming County (3-1)
Mason County (4-0)

On the Bubble
Lewis County (1-3) - More than likely in, even tho both East and Lewis have a district game remaning, Lewis has already defeated East.
East Carter (1-3)

Out
West Carter (0-4)

District 7

In
Breathitt County (3-0)
Morgan County (2-1)
Magoffin County (2-1)
Knott County Central (1-2)

Out
Jackson County (0-4)

District 8

In
Belfry (3-0)
Pike County Central (3-0)
Lawrence County (1-2)
Sheldon Clark (1-3)

Out
East Ridge (0-3)
Central vs Breathitt/Belfry winner

It would be VERY SHOCKING if it wasn't like this in BG.
I hope to be in Belfry on 11/23 watching a GC-Belfry game...
^^^^

If Belfry has any shot at advancing past the Regional Finals they need to get healthy and the secondary has to noticeably improve.
Mccreary Central is out. Casey Co and Corbin still have to play each other which will give the winner 2 wins. The losing team holds the tie breaker over Mccreary because both Casey and Corbin have beaten McCreary. All this comes into play only if McCreary beats Bell Co this Thursday.
Casey and Corbin are playing for the 3-4 seed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:^^^^

If Belfry has any shot at advancing past the Regional Finals they need to get healthy and the secondary has to noticeably improve.

And someone needs to step up and lead the team, something that I have seen barely any of this year.

Already excited for assumed Belfry/Breathitt game though!
I believe everyone is overlooking a very talented Bourbon County team.
erock Wrote:i believe everyone is overlooking a very talented bourbon county team.

100% agree.
If Bourbon continues to play the way their playing they will be playing in December, being in their District, I hope they are playing in December
EROCK Wrote:I believe everyone is overlooking a very talented Bourbon County team.

i agree as well
Bourbon has probably the most athletic team outside of Central in 3A. Sometimes they appear to struggle to use their athleticism, but when they do, they are a sight to see. That being said, their Achilles is their offensive line. Opposing teams seem to get a lot of penetration, and given that they have not faced many juggernauts this year, when they see Belfry or Breathitt or Central, I believe it could cost them.

That being said, they do have hands down IMO the best pure running back in the State in Hopkins, and he can make a lot out of nothing. I would say it is a coin flip between belfry breathitt and Bourbon for who will play Central. JMO
Bourbon is a possibility ...... However I do believe that Garrard finally but everything together last Friday night. I think GC and BC WILL MEET AGAIN! My predictions is GC in BG in December!
I have not not seen much out west that is going to pose a serious roadblock. Central could dominate Fort Campbell or Tilghman. Fort Campbell has already thumped Tilghman. There's Monroe, which has only lost to a decent Warren East team, but you have to otherwise question Monroe's schedule. Tilghman reportedly has made some late-season changes and used a freshman QB to upset the #7 ranked Tennessee 5A team Friday.
Garrard beating BC at BC would be far stretched. Garrard beating Bourbon and the winner of Belfry or Breathitt is just crazy talk.

First for Garrard would be to get by a Bath Co. team who has already beat them once this year.
Fleming, Mason and Russell all 3 are better than Bath and Garrard.
EROCK Wrote:I believe everyone is overlooking a very talented Bourbon County team.

Not overlooking,,, just like for Garrard to pull things together and be playing
in the semi-state game.

Bourbon has a very talented team, and they have the weapons to make a deep run. Just means that Garrard, Fleming, Mason or Russel will have to
step up.

If Bourbon beats Bath this Friday and takes #1 spot, they will get Lewis.
Garrard will play Fleming or Russell so District 6will have their say in the
outcome.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Garrard beating BC at BC would be far stretched. Garrard beating Bourbon and the winner of Belfry or Breathitt is just crazy talk.

First for Garrard would be to get by a Bath Co. team who has already beat them once this year.

Don't think so,,,, Bath goes to Bourbon to decide #1 and #2. I think Bourbon
will take #1 spot. Bath will fall to # 2 and be in the opposite bracket. The
only way Bath and Garrard meet will be if Bath beats Bourbon and they might
meet in second round or Bath drops to #2 and Garrard and Bath meet in
Regional Final. Don't see either happenning!

But, if Garrard and Bath meet,,, Hopefully Garrard doesn't make the same
mistakes that cost them the first game.....
FBALL Wrote:Fleming, Mason and Russell all 3 are better than Bath and Garrard.

Not much to compare. Fleming did beat Bath 33 - 6 in the first game.
Bath then beat Garrard by 1, Powell by 1 and Lewis by 2. But Powell loss to Lewis 28 - 7. Fleming, Mason and Russell all handed Lewis decisive losses so
on paper it looks as if District 6 will be a tough road. Playoffs are a couple
weeks away, and you can throw away the paper! That time of year when
anything can happen....
If Fleming co beats Mason co this week how do they decide ranking.

Russell beat Fleming co [ fleming was without Mcadams ]

Mason co beat Russell

Mcadams will be back for Mason co game so it should be a good one.
Strikeout King Wrote:If Bourbon continues to play the way their playing they will be playing in December, being in their District, I hope they are playing in December

Nobody is playing in Class 3A in December.The final is November 30th.
stoner 1961 Wrote:If Fleming co beats Mason co this week how do they decide ranking.

Russell beat Fleming co [ fleming was without Mcadams ]

Mason co beat Russell

Mcadams will be back for Mason co game so it should be a good one.

If its a three way tie it goes to wins of the teams that you have defeated. If Fleming beats Mason I believe they get the 1 seed. I think Russell gets the 2 seed no matter what happens. They did that to themselves with that colossal choke job against Mason.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Nobody is playing in Class 3A in December.The final is November 30th.

I was thinking it was at the beginning of December.
I hate to bust anyone's bubble in northeast Ky. but you folks are dreaming if you think anyone from there is going to make a 3A run. Russell, Bath, Lewis, Fleming, Powell ... not going to happen. Bourbon is running up the score on weak sisters, sort of like what people used to do to them not so long ago. They may get out of that region. We shall see.
Tica Wrote:I hate to bust anyone's bubble in northeast Ky. but you folks are dreaming if you think anyone from there is going to make a 3A run. Russell, Bath, Lewis, Fleming, Powell ... not going to happen. Bourbon is running up the score on weak sisters, sort of like what people used to do to them not so long ago. They may get out of that region. We shall see.
I haven't saw anyone on here say any of those teams were going to make a run in 3a.
Bourbon,Russell winner vs Central.
FBALL Wrote:Fleming, Mason and Russell all 3 are better than Bath and Garrard.

The great thing about this "theory" is that it gets to be tested....

Russell (#2) gets Garrard Co(#3) at home in Round 1. That's probably not the playoff match up the Red Devils were hoping for starting the season....
Do not know yet if Bath Co. will get Fleming, Mason, or Lewis but whoever they get they will get them at home in Round 1.

One thing is for sure, one of these 6 teams plus Bourbon Co and (probably) Powell Co are going to be playing on Thanksgiving weekend. And in a survive and advance format in November....All bets are off.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Nobody is playing in Class 3A in December.The final is November 30th.

Humm, that's snowballing....LOL
Everybody has seemed to put Central in the finals without playing a game, i am not taking nothing away from them because they are a very good team that until somebody knocks them off is the champs in 3A. but don't forget the way things are shaping up a trip to log mountain awaits them and then a trip out west, thats alot of traveling in a weeks span. i believe any team can win on any given night THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bell Co 97 Wrote:Everybody has seemed to put Central in the finals without playing a game, i am not taking nothing away from them because they are a very good team that until somebody knocks them off is the champs in 3A. but don't forget the way things are shaping up a trip to log mountain awaits them and then a trip out west, thats alot of traveling in a weeks span. i believe any team can win on any given night THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Central wins the Region then they play at home for the Semi's.
But Ty & company will have to (presumptively) go to Log Mountain. That will be an experience.
Pages: 1 2