Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 12 Lexington Christian Academy 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Somerset. Freshman Castle Hatcher comes in and leads Somerset to a comeback victory. The Eagles led 12-3 late in the game before electing to take a safety. Hatcher finds Will Lange for a touchdown with 2:02 to go and the Somerset defense stops the Eagles to nail down the win. The Briar Jumpers are now 6-2, 2-0 in the district while the Eagles drop to 5-3 1-1 in the district.
Really close game.. both teams played great, and it came right down to the wire. Good win Jumpers!
Congrats Jumpers!!
It was 9-3 when LCA had QB run out of the endzone on 4th down to give the Jumpers a safety and cut the score to 9-5. Jumpers then came out with freshman Castle HAtcher and moved right down the field for the go ahead TD.

LCA ran a hook and lateral for a 1st down and Somerset was penalized for a late hit OB giving LCA 1st and 10 around the 30 with about 2 minutes to go. Incomplete pass and encroachment made it 3rd and 15. Long pass down the left sideline fell incomplete near the goal line with a pass interfierence being called on the offense. On 4th and a mile with around 50 seconds to go pass was knocked down around the 5 yard line.

Somerset took a couple of knees and left with a hard fought victory in a game in which they for around 3 quarters were out played.
Best News of the night was that Will Hinton was on the sidelines cheering his brothers on. Prayer changes things.:AngelPray
Should also be noted that LCA signed cards for Will and Jacobi and collected some money and gift cards to help the families with the medical bills. A class move by a class program!
Great game. for both teams..
Somerset will win state if Castle Hatcher qbs the rest of the season. He is phenomenal.
Congrats to the Jumpers on the victory!

Also, big shout out to LCA for the nice gesture!
Dumpster Diving Wrote:Somerset will win state if Castle Hatcher qbs the rest of the season. He is phenomenal.

He played great tonight...he earned the start next week. Put Tanner at WR and in some Wildcat. Castle deserves to start after the way he threw the ball, ran it and with the decisions he made.
Did Gadberry get hurt? Or did they just decide to put Hatcher in?
GetChili Wrote:Did Gadberry get hurt? Or did they just decide to put Hatcher in?

Coaching Staff decided to put Hatcher in game. He played as well as any QB Could have played. I agree this kid is Special and deserves a Shot for the rest of the Season. If he playes the Off. will come alive. His receivers react well to him being in Game. A Strong Off. is the only thing keeping this Team from Bowling Green. WAY TO GO JUMPERS!!! Nice to see Will on sideline.
Did LCA have any fans at this game?
Sounds like a classic defensive struggle. Jumpers proved they are the best team in a very good district.
wow LCA is going to be a tough team to beat in playoff.:worthy::worthy::worthy:Confusedhh:
hatcher is a great kid he played with my son on the fbu kentucky team.he has a great arm and can run if he needs too.congrads to him and the jumpers on a great win!!!
Great to hear that LCA acted so beautifully in response to a tragic situation. The Hinton's and other have had sadness and hurt and from what I read and hear there was class all around. Well done.
I'd like to go to Bowling Green this year to watch the State Championships. Would love to see Somerset win it all.
So how did Harlan hang with LCA?
Congrats Somerset
Cellking Wrote:Coaching Staff decided to put Hatcher in game. He played as well as any QB Could have played. I agree this kid is Special and deserves a Shot for the rest of the Season. If he playes the Off. will come alive. His receivers react well to him being in Game. A Strong Off. is the only thing keeping this Team from Bowling Green. WAY TO GO JUMPERS!!! Nice to see Will on sideline.

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering. :pondering:
Looking at the Middlesbors vs. Danville Score, we are in for another hard battle over in the Mountains. This has got to be the best 2A District in the State. GO JUMPERS!!!!!
Sounds like a game I wish I could have seen in person! Glad to hear that Castle Hatcher had a great performance! I knew he would be good after I saw him play in the TN vs KY All Star game! Congrats Jumpers!