Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Co 56, Clay Co 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
56 points and only 1 TD for Britt.
Heard that Russell had a player ejected in this game any truth to that or not?
panther nation Wrote:Heard that Russell had a player ejected in this game any truth to that or not?

Yes, our starting center was ejected for supposedly throwing a punch. Will have to see what happens, but expect it to be appealed as no one other than the official who ejected him saw this. Of course, I don't think these appeals have done much in the past.
Most dominate defensive performance I have ever seen Russell County have. The 14 points came on two long passes given up by 3rd team defensive backs and safeties. First two series netted the tigers @ - 20 yards. Third series their RB fumbled on the first play. Listened to the Knox broadcast on the way home and heard them indicate that we always run up the score by leaving the starters in the whole game. That was not the case. We could have scored 80 if we didn't call off the dogs and our starters only gave up about 2 first downs. I really believe this team is getting better, which is saying a lot considering what we have already accomplished!
Next week is going to be great. I was wondering how this would rank in Russell Co. history. I'm pretty sure this will be Knox Central biggest game ever.
History will be on knox side this game must game for me to go to.:relaxing:
Congrats Lakers!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Listened to the Knox broadcast on the way home and heard them indicate that we always run up the score by leaving the starters in the whole game.

Seriously, what is wrong with people from Barbourville when they have successful sports teams?

I'm sure the Knox Co. broadcast team has seen everyone of our blowouts to be able to say when we take our starters out... Oh wait, they're always at Knox Co. games because they're the broadcast team, that's right.
Sets up the showdown we all knew was coming since the beginning of the year. Panthers vs Lakers will be a collision of two giants.
E's Army Wrote:Sets up the showdown we all knew was coming since the beginning of the year. Panthers vs Lakers will be a collision of two giants.

When I first looked at the schedules at the first of the season I said Knox and Russell could both be undefeated going into the game next week. I think this will be one of the best games in the state next week. I am for Knox, but I would like to wish both teams the best of luck and may the best team win.
If anyone can go to ANY regular season game this season, make sure it is this one. (Russell Co-Knox)
i had a post in this thread about why have ur staring center in there when ur up 56-0, i guess someone didnt like it, and made it go away...
No you didn't, it was in the update thread, and I answered you already.

He got ejected in the 2nd quarter.

Now go back and put your tin foil hat on.
Im so ready for next week, would love 2 run it up on Knox .
Congrats, Lakers!
laker20 Wrote:Yes, our starting center was ejected for supposedly throwing a punch. Will have to see what happens, but expect it to be appealed as no one other than the official who ejected him saw this. Of course, I don't think these appeals have done much in the past.

If history has anything to do with it none of the other refs are going to disagree with the one that made the call so more than likely the ejection will stand which mean he will have to set out the next 2 games
i heard 4 qaurters on london radio station,if thrown out.
^
I could be wrong, but i believe the KHSAA makes you sit out two full games if ejected. It use to be one.
That means the kid had to sit out the entire second half of that game, as well as the next two games.
If im thinking right, you will not get him back until the playoffs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I could be wrong, but i believe the KHSAA makes you sit out two full games if ejected. It use to be one.
That means the kid had to sit out the entire second half of that game, as well as the next two games.
If im thinking right, you will not get him back until the playoffs.

You are right that is the rule for an ejection an if a player get ejected twice in a season they are out for the rest of the year
That's what I thought also, if you get ejected you have to sit out 2 games