Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Co./Clay Co. Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's 36-0 with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, Blake Ellis is becoming a breakout star with 4 TD's and 2 INT's already.
43-0 with 5 minutes left in the half.
Half Time
Russell Co 50
Clay Co 0
Starting center Jalen Bennet just got EJECTED from the game without throwing a punch or doing anything glaringly worthy of ejection with 10 seconds left up 50-0.

That is HUGE and the Russell Co. staff is furious because that will take him out of the Knox Central game.
Obviously, the RC staff already has video confirmation that no punches were thrown. Hopefully they can get this reviewed in time for next week. If it stands, he'll be out for the next two games.
It should be obvious if you eject someone with such a steep penalty, hopefully that'll get overturned. However that's one of the things that bothers me about this years team, they have short fuses and have wayyyy too many personal fouls.
Fortunately, they spent some time working with the 2nd string center this past week. Matt Adams is 6'3" 279 lbs and will be the man snapping the ball for a couple of weeks.
I could be wrong but I think Matt played center for Blake for middle school.
daybowbow Wrote:I could be wrong but I think Matt played center for Blake for middle school.

I believe you are correct. He's not the backup used earlier in the year. He's very capable, we'll just miss him in the guard position.
8:50 in 4th
Russell Co 56
Clay Co 6
daybowbow Wrote:Starting center Jalen Bennet just got EJECTED from the game without throwing a punch or doing anything glaringly worthy of ejection with 10 seconds left up 50-0.

That is HUGE and the Russell Co. staff is furious because that will take him out of the Knox Central game.

why would ur starting center be in the game anyway with a blowout,makes no sense..
It was the 1st half.