Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hatfield and McCoy GeoTrail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WILLIAMSON, W.Va. (AP) - The home of a historic Appalachian feud has a new tourist attraction - the Hatfield McCoy Geo Trail.

Geocaching is a modern-day version of treasure hunting and a global pastime.

The trail is a partnership between the Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce in Williamson and Tour Pike County in Pikeville. It opened last month with a special event for 518 visitors from 18 states.

There are 15 caches in Mingo, Logan and Pike counties, each in historic locations linked to the families who were featured in a History miniseries this spring.

Hunters can get a passport and collect special stamps at each cache.

Anyone who finds them all takes home a collectible coin featuring the family patriarchs, Devil Anse Hatfield and Randall McCoy.

http://www.lex18.com/news/kentucky-west-...geo-trail/

Thought I would share this with Geocaching being one of my favorite pastimes.
I've heard of geocaching, but I haven't done it.. Sounds like a pretty fun thing to do
Wow, the Hatfield-McCoy feud....great ambiance for geocaching!!
I'll be it's gorgeous there, too.
You gonna do this judgementday??
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow, the Hatfield-McCoy feud....great ambiance for geocaching!!
I'll be it's gorgeous there, too.
You gonna do this judgementday??

On it....

May take a trip before it gets too cold. If not, will be on my list for the Spring! Will be hitting local areas this weekend.
It would be so gorgeous with the trees and all this time of year!
I would be scared of snakes in the Spring!!
I have no clue what a geotrail is...
Sounds like fun.