Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 4 North Laurel 2 (girls 49th district
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin had to overcome a lot of obstacles to get this win, including their goalie having to be airlifted to Lexington after getting kicked in the face. Apparently both of her jaws were broken, lost teeth and had to have a tube inserted in her throat to help her breath. High school officials seem to be unaware that goalies are in a vulnerable position and are suppose to be protected.
Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear about Corbin's keeper. We should all say a little prayer forthe young lady. For the most part in the games I've seen this year I thought theref had done a very good job of protecting keepers, almost to a fault. However I believe to err on the safer side for the keeper Is best. But I can't comment on the refs in your area, because I don't see games down that way.
awsumbill_68 Wrote:Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear about Corbin's keeper. We should all say a little prayer forthe young lady. For the most part in the games I've seen this year I thought theref had done a very good job of protecting keepers, almost to a fault. However I believe to err on the safer side for the keeper Is best. But I can't comment on the refs in your area, because I don't see games down that way.

She slid feet first to the ball and had it clearly in her possession for a second or two before the girl came in and kicked her, trying to dislodge it.

She also has a broken nose and received a concussion in previous games this year.
Ouch!!! That's sounds nearly criminal
awsumbill_68 Wrote:Ouch!!! That's sounds nearly criminal

The ref only saw fit to give a yellow card, not much of a deterent if you ask me.

She had to undergo 6 hours of surgery today, while they permanently inserted 3 metal plates and will have her mouth wired shut for a minimum of 6 weeks.