Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green @ Warren Central 10/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both teams come into this game undefeated
with 7-0 records.

Thoughts and predictions on this game.
The Purples are to strong, they win easy.:flame:
Bowling green.
Looks like BG are on their way for a back to back state 5A championship. To bad Highlands moved down a class or else last season and this year would have been a classic match-up between them two program.
Warren Central is a top 5 team in all classes. They are a balanced team and well coached. They are capable of beating anyone (except Trinity) on any given night. The Purples led 6-0 going into the 4th quarter in last years game and went on to win 21-0. This game is always a battle.
What is this? The can't beat Highlands bowl? I'll go with Bowling Green in this one.
We call it the Backyard brawl, but you can call it what you like.
Can't beat highlands bowl fits much better.
BG is the best public school in the state, second overall.

BG will win....

BG 28
WC 14
Bowling Green 27

Warren Central 24
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:BG is the best public school in the state, second overall.BG will win....

BG 28
WC 14

Keep telling everybody that enough times and even you might start to believe it. Confusednicker: Could not beat HHS when in the same class, but now that they are in different classes and do not have to prove it and the fans make big claims that they would dominate Highlands on a yearly basis. BG is a good team, but history tells who the best public school is and second best team is.
As far as 5A goes, I think BG has a cake walk this Friday and to the state title.
I wonder if BG ever feels like their state titles are legitimate. They couldn't win 5A until Highlands, Cov Cath, JC, and Ashland dropped down to 4A. That is nearly half of the usual 5A top 10. It has to feel bad knowing that you didn't go through Highlands to get your title, and when you were in the same division as Highlands you either got beat by a team that Highlands slaughtered or got slaughtered by Highlands.
Uh oh. Little pe nis inferiority complex setting in on highlands posters when someone might question their position in the public school pecking order. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:I wonder if BG ever feels like their state titles are legitimate. They couldn't win 5A until Highlands, Cov Cath, JC, and Ashland dropped down to 4A. That is nearly half of the usual 5A top 10. It has to feel bad knowing that you didn't go through Highlands to get your title, and when you were in the same division as Highlands you either got beat by a team that Highlands slaughtered or got slaughtered by Highlands.
Our region is definately loaded. Toughest in the state regardless of class I do believe. I mean 4 of the top 5 teams IMO in one region.
Anyways should be a great game. Going with the purples.
The Purples have a 22 game winning streak coming into this game. Probably home field advantage in the region playoffs at stake. A lot rides on this game. I don't know why you Highlands fans want to make this a Bowling Green vs Highlands thread. We are just trying to get by a very good Warren Central team this Friday. Start a Highlands vs Bowling Green thread and I'll post on it and you can have your fun. No sense ruining this thread.
WideRight05 Wrote:I wonder if BG ever feels like their state titles are legitimate. They couldn't win 5A until Highlands, Cov Cath, JC, and Ashland dropped down to 4A. That is nearly half of the usual 5A top 10. It has to feel bad knowing that you didn't go through Highlands to get your title, and when you were in the same division as Highlands you either got beat by a team that Highlands slaughtered or got slaughtered by Highlands.

I love it when you post WideRight. Brightens my day everytime I see it. You dont see Highlands scheduling any Saint X's or Trinitys do you? No. Because the last time they did X put a running clock on them once and beat them by 21 the other time.

A state championship means the same thing to their players as it does yours. Cov Cath, JC, and Ashland would be no match for BG at all, I dont know how in the world you could think that but hey it's your opinion. May I remind you that BG is 1-1 against Highlands in state championships. You are not as glorified as you think you are.

I feel sorry for you, honestly. Have fun with your game against Holmes this week. Should be a true barn burner.
sstack Wrote:Keep telling everybody that enough times and even you might start to believe it. Confusednicker: Could not beat HHS when in the same class, but now that they are in different classes and do not have to prove it and the fans make big claims that they would dominate Highlands on a yearly basis. BG is a good team, but history tells who the best public school is and second best team is.
As far as 5A goes, I think BG has a cake walk this Friday and to the state title.

Just my opinion.
BG is in a class by themselves.

BG would beat Highlands with ease....
I like bowling green by im gonna say 10.
BG by 16
Sorry this is turning to the BG v HHS thread, but if you are looking historically, I think HHS has been better for longer, but in the past 2 seasons, BG is the 2nd best team in the state, no doubt in my mind.
Should be a great game rivals and both are 7-0 and ranked 1 and 2 in 5A.. I like BG by 7.
gorocks123 Wrote:Sorry this is turning to the BG v HHS thread, but if you are looking historically, I think HHS has been better for longer, but in the past 2 seasons, BG is the 2nd best team in the state, no doubt in my mind.

Just trying to keep up with the big dogs Rocky Smile
Going to be much tougher game on BG than some are thinking. BG won last year but it was a contested game going into the 4th. WC is much more balanced this year and improved but BG maybe a little better than last year to. The winner of this will be considered by far the favorite in 1a. At least until the probable rematch in the playoff. Still gotta go with BG by 7 in a game decided in the last 5 min of the game. BG 24 to 17
The Purples
I think this game should be closer than most are expecting. I didn't see any glaring weakness in wc, except for their kicking game. As we all know that could change a game. Red&black I hope they wont be the favorite in 1a though. I hope they stay in 5a cause they would be a tough out for our cards.
Purples up 10-0 at half. Dragons defense is playing well. Warren Central negative rushing yards in the 1st half. Both teams playing good defense.
Final. Bowling Green 24-0. Great win for the Purples over the #2 team in 5A.