Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can you trust the polls???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have said in another post that I am new to voting. I hear so much talk about polls and stuff but are they a good indicator of how things are going?
I know that the polls from 4 years ago were showing that Obama and McCain were neck and neck but we all see how that went.
Of course not. They don't favor Romney. How could they be correct? I don't remember anyone saying anything about the polls until Obama pulled ahead in Swing States.
You'll never hear me complain about poll accuracy. The fact is, trends are much better of an indicator than individual polls. The trends currently show Romney pulling back out in front in some of the swing states, and evening up on the national level. However, I will say this.... I've heard from Obama and Romney supporters who both have told me that they've been polled and were not honest in their answers. Why? I don't know. The best polling however comes from inside the campaign. They are razor sharp focused and guide ads, spending, where to visit, what to say, who's winning.

WildcatK23, you must be extremely bitter (it sounds like it anyways). I'm so glad that I don't treat the election as a game. I truly love this country. I believe strongly, that you don't... and you're using Obama to reach into the pockets of others... for you.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c...cking_poll

Quote:The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns the vote from 47%.

----------

The most troubling stat for Obama?
Quote:Forty-five percent (45%) of voters are “certain” they will vote for Romney and not change their mind before voting. Forty-three percent (43%) are certain they will vote for Obama.

Wow, only 43% are certain they'll vote for Obama. Thats awesome.
I've been saying it for months! I hope everyone trust the polls just like they did in 1980. Remember when Jimmy Carter was slightly ahead???? Wound up being the most lopsided election in history.
Stardust Wrote:I've been saying it for months! I hope everyone trust the polls just like they did in 1980. Remember when Jimmy Carter was slightly ahead???? Wound up being the most lopsided election in history.

I agree. It seems like everyone I know around here is not voting for him. The only ones I know out of my friends that are voting for him are the hardcore liberals, African-Americans, and the people who are too busy partying to realize what is really going on.
ronald reagan Wrote:You'll never hear me complain about poll accuracy. The fact is, trends are much better of an indicator than individual polls. The trends currently show Romney pulling back out in front in some of the swing states, and evening up on the national level. However, I will say this.... I've heard from Obama and Romney supporters who both have told me that they've been polled and were not honest in their answers. Why? I don't know. The best polling however comes from inside the campaign. They are razor sharp focused and guide ads, spending, where to visit, what to say, who's winning.

WildcatK23, you must be extremely bitter (it sounds like it anyways). I'm so glad that I don't treat the election as a game. I truly love this country. I believe strongly, that you don't... and you're using Obama to reach into the pockets of others... for you.

If your calling me a government moocher then you have never been more wrong. I work hard everyday for what I have. Making assumptions out of nothing is uneducated and never gets you anywhere. I don't love this country? Where are you getting your information?
WideRight05 Wrote:I agree. It seems like everyone I know around here is not voting for him. The only ones I know out of my friends that are voting for him are the hardcore liberals, African-Americans, and the people who are too busy partying to realize what is really going on.

Hopefully their hangover prevents it this time around!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If your calling me a government moocher then you have never been more wrong. I work hard everyday for what I have. Making assumptions out of nothing is uneducated and never gets you anywhere. I don't love this country? Where are you getting your information?

:lmao: :gtfo:
WideRight05 Wrote:I agree. It seems like everyone I know around here is not voting for him. The only ones I know out of my friends that are voting for him are the hardcore liberals, African-Americans, and the people who are too busy partying to realize what is really going on.

That has been my experience as well. Everytime the subject comes up people say they are voting for Romney.

I am making an assumption here but I would assume you are in Kentucky and probably the Eastern Half. This state will go 3 to 1 Romney and all six electorial votes will go to him.

Now if you live in Ohio, Wisconsin, Flordia, then this would be troublesome for President Obama.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If your calling me a government moocher then you have never been more wrong. I work hard everyday for what I have. Making assumptions out of nothing is uneducated and never gets you anywhere. I don't love this country? Where are you getting your information?

See the Right on this board gets there talking points and they are the only ones to care about this country. Us on the left, according to them hate the U.S., hate God, hate military, and only support a large government moochers such as McConnell and Rogers...wait they are republicans.
tvtimeout Wrote:I am making an assumption here but I would assume you are in Kentucky and probably the Eastern Half. This state will go 3 to 1 Romney and all six electorial votes will go to him.

Now if you live in Ohio, Wisconsin, Flordia, then this would be troublesome for President Obama.

"When you assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME."
tvtimeout Wrote:I am making an assumption here but I would assume you are in Kentucky and probably the Eastern Half. This state will go 3 to 1 Romney and all six electorial votes will go to him.

It's troublesome for him anyway.
ronald reagan Wrote:You'll never hear me complain about poll accuracy. The fact is, trends are much better of an indicator than individual polls. The trends currently show Romney pulling back out in front in some of the swing states, and evening up on the national level. However, I will say this.... I've heard from Obama and Romney supporters who both have told me that they've been polled and were not honest in their answers. Why? I don't know. The best polling however comes from inside the campaign. They are razor sharp focused and guide ads, spending, where to visit, what to say, who's winning.

WildcatK23, you must be extremely bitter (it sounds like it anyways).
I'm so glad that I don't treat the election as a game. I truly love this country. I believe strongly, that you don't... and you're using Obama to reach into the pockets of others... for you.

Confusednicker: Naw, he's just 17 going on 47. You know, seen it all, done it all.
Ok, since some feel that polls are not to be trusted, try this on for size:

Ohio's early absentee ballot requests and cleaned up voter rolls point to a Romney Blowout in Ohio.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/05/ohios-...y-blowout/

Scroll down about halfway to "Opinions" on the left side of the page, and it is the 5th article.
Bob Seger Wrote:Confusednicker: Naw, he's just 17 going on 47. You know, seen it all, done it all.

We all tremble when you speak.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:We all tremble when you speak.

Its better than being laughed at when you speak. :thatsfunn
I thought that surely the average voter had enough intelligence to see through the Kardashian act.

However, while having remodeling done on my home, I had to go to the laundromat a couple of times. This laundromat had four televisions going full blast. All were tuned to NBC and, as fate would dictate, the Ellen Degeneres Show was on. After watching this fruitball host her show and watching the absolute idiots, almost all women, in the audience, I lost all confidence in the electorate.

These "women" screamed , danced in the aisle, hugged each other, howled their support of anything and everything said that was immoral and non-Christian, and looked like rejects from a joint meeting of occupy wall street and the homosexual alliance.

I learned a lesson that day. There really are millions of voters, many women, whose intelligence quota is near the freezing point.

Those who support the US Constitution, the rule of law, traditional Judeo-Christian tenets, and pay income taxes are in serious danger of having their votes cancelled by these assorted fruits, nuts, and slugs.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I thought that surely the average voter had enough intelligence to see through the Kardashian act.

However, while having remodeling done on my home, I had to go to the laundromat a couple of times. This laundromat had four televisions going full blast. All were tuned to NBC and, as fate would dictate, the Ellen Degeneres Show was on. After watching this fruitball host her show and watching the absolute idiots, almost all women, in the audience, I lost all confidence in the electorate.

These "women" screamed , danced in the aisle, hugged each other, howled their support of anything and everything said that was immoral and non-Christian, and looked like rejects from a joint meeting of occupy wall street and the homosexual alliance.

I learned a lesson that day. There really are millions of voters, many women, whose intelligence quota is near the freezing point.

Those who support the US Constitution, the rule of law, traditional Judeo-Christian tenets, and pay income taxes are in serious danger of having their votes cancelled by these assorted fruits, nuts, and slugs.

That's not good. I can't stand Ellen. Dealing with her is better than dealing with Oprah in that slot, but it is scary to think just how many fools that are out there - and they have the power of voting.
ronald reagan Wrote:Its better than being laughed at when you speak. :thatsfunn

Have experience there?
WideRight05 Wrote::lmao: :gtfo:

No need for that man. He works his butt off, I know because I did the same thing, and know him.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I thought that surely the average voter had enough intelligence to see through the Kardashian act.

Man you are so wrong. Ellen Degeneres is awesome. All she does is help people out who need it, and animals. That's all her life is about. No need to hate her for it.

And since when does a good Anerican have to believe in "traditional Judeo-Christian tenets"? This is America...I know that me and my buddies didn't spend over a year in shit for ideas like that. People can believe what ever they want here.

This has taken the 1st place spot as most retarded post I've ever seen on here. You act like The Ellen Show is pure evil, hahahhaha. It's not like she throws her gayness and love of vagina in everyone's faces constantly...that show is as PG as it gets.
vundy33 Wrote:Man you are so wrong. Ellen Degeneres is awesome. All she does is help people out who need it, and animals. That's all her life is about. No need to hate her for it.

And since when does a good Anerican have to believe in "traditional Judeo-Christian tenets"? This is America...I know that me and my buddies didn't spend over a year in shit for ideas like that. People can believe what ever they want here.

This has taken the 1st place spot as most retarded post I've ever seen on here. You act like The Ellen Show is pure evil, hahahhaha. It's not like she throws her gayness and love of vagina in everyone's faces constantly...that show is as PG as it gets.

Ellen is one of my favorite all time shows. No joke. I sit on youtube sometimes and watch all the funny clips. Cracks me up.