Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elder (OH) upsets Moeller (OH), Highlands smiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Although Highlands and Elder and don't square off for another two weeks last nights game has some implications.

Moeller was #3 in the state and Elder #16 going into this game per Maxpreps. This will only set the stage better for Highlands.

I'd venture to say Elder staff will not allow for a repeat of last years suspensions going into the Highlands game and hope both squads are at full steam and healthy for this battle in the Fort.

I'll refrain from a prediction until next week. Just wanted to plant a seed for what I hope is a great game.

Enjoy your weekend and this great football weather!
That is awesome. I am glad to see Elder "bounce back" from a 2-8 season last year. Even with that 2-8 record, it's scary to think that they would have won every class in KY except for 6A, and 4A they would have given anybody, including us, a run. They will be a difficult team to play, but I look forward to the challenge. Congrats Elder and GO BIRDS!
Hopefully Elder comes to KY and gives Highlands a dose of there own medicine I mean beating a lessor team by 70 points. The arrogance of some of these Highlands fans is sickening and if Highlands is the states best team. Then schedule Bowling green Trinity St X after you can talk.
We do scrimmage Trinity, and play Elder, and it is evident now that Elder is above St. X and BG this year - well above them. We will have to play a great game to win against Elder, but I believe it can be done.

How would YOUR team fare against Elder? Confusednicker:
that game had major playoff indications in Ohio and a win against Highlands won't be enough to guarantee Elder a spot in the playoffs, but it could be huge for Harbin points. It also hurts Moeller's chances at home field and even the playoffs with St. Edwards and Trinity left on the schedule.

There's a good chance Rodenberg will be looking for a new job after this season
Kentucky is "The Harbin Buffet" for Ohio football. A team like Elder can come over here and slaughter a Kentucky team that will end up getting 9-10 wins, so it always looks good on their record to play in Kentucky for "Harbins" sake.
Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

How would Whitley County fare against Elder? Confusednicker:
Looking forward to this game.
left tacckel #65 Wrote:Hopefully Elder comes to KY and gives Highlands a dose of there own medicine I mean beating a lessor team by 70 points. The arrogance of some of these Highlands fans is sickening and if Highlands is the states best team. Then schedule Bowling green Trinity St X after you can talk.

Highlands got a dose of their own medicine the first game of the year. Trinity gave them quite a drubbing. Highlands has a chance to keep it close, but Elder's run D is stifling. Birds lose in same fashion at home. However, Highlands only needs to be concerned with the post game injury report.
WideRight05 Wrote:How would Whitley County fare against Elder? Confusednicker:

:hilarious:
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Looking forward to this game.

Whitley would win by 2.5 TD's against Elder! Whitely is just too big up front....Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:Whitley would win by 2.5 TD's against Elder! Whitely is just too big up front....Confusedhh:

So then Highlands would win by 8.5 TDs. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:How would Whitley County fare against Elder? Confusednicker:

Depends. Is it at Whitley or Elder?

At Whitley, then id say...

Whitley 63
Elder 7

At Elder i'd say....

Whitley 62
Elder 6
hop24 Wrote::hilarious:

Simon Kenton....:hilarious:
Stardust Wrote:Whitley would win by 2.5 TD's against Elder! Whitely is just too big up front....Confusedhh:

The Vegas spread would be larger...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Simon Kenton....:hilarious:

And your from?Big Grinrums02:
ttt
WideRight05 Wrote:We do scrimmage Trinity, and play Elder, and it is evident now that Elder is above St. X and BG this year - well above them. We will have to play a great game to win against Elder, but I believe it can be done.

Scrimmage? Scrimmage? Please. If NewCath said that they scrimmaged Colerain, you would be all over whoever. Face facts on this one, Highlands is avoiding scheduling Trinity for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want too many tough games, I understand that even Alabama does that. Just don't say that you "play" Trinity when it is a glorified practice.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Scrimmage? Scrimmage? Please. If NewCath said that they scrimmaged Colerain, you would be all over whoever. Face facts on this one, Highlands is avoiding scheduling Trinity for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want too many tough games, I understand that even Alabama does that. Just don't say that you "play" Trinity when it is a glorified practice.

Highlands has no reason to avoid Trinity. Trinity has a great class in their final year. It was just 3 short years ago(2009), when Cincy x about running clocked Trinity. Highlands then beat Cincy x the following week. Trinity will be back to reality next year when they lose their 5 NfL guys.
back to reality "true that" one great year and they are the best team in the country and can not be beat lol. this year barely getting by. next year they will take a beat down from some of the teams they play just my 2 cents.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Scrimmage? Scrimmage? Please. If NewCath said that they scrimmaged Colerain, you would be all over whoever. Face facts on this one, Highlands is avoiding scheduling Trinity for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want too many tough games, I understand that even Alabama does that. Just don't say that you "play" Trinity when it is a glorified practice.

To you it may just be a glorified practice, but to the fans of the two schools and more importantly to the coaches and players of both schools, it is a game; no different than a regular season game between the two schools would be. What would be the purpose of a regular season game between the schools? Nothing more or nothing less that indicating which team was better. I got the exact same result watching the scrimmage game, which was played under game rules. Clock, refs, kicking, punting, etc. Only difference is it doesn't show up on the W-L record, which to me is pretty irrelevant. Trinity had the better team hands down last year and this year. In 2010 it was a one TD win by Trinity indicating the squads were pretty close to one another.
this game is the birds state championship game.
WideRight05 Wrote:We do scrimmage Trinity, and play Elder, and it is evident now that Elder is above St. X and BG this year - well above them. We will have to play a great game to win against Elder, but I believe it can be done.

charlie22 Wrote:To you it may just be a glorified practice, but to the fans of the two schools and more importantly to the coaches and players of both schools, it is a game; no different than a regular season game between the two schools would be. What would be the purpose of a regular season game between the schools? Nothing more or nothing less that indicating which team was better. I got the exact same result watching the scrimmage game, which was played under game rules. Clock, refs, kicking, punting, etc. Only difference is it doesn't show up on the W-L record, which to me is pretty irrelevant. Trinity had the better team hands down last year and this year. In 2010 it was a one TD win by Trinity indicating the squads were pretty close to one another.

Yeah, but you are not in the vocal minority. You are smart and understand what is important. The loud folks, do not. All we hear about is the greatness of Highlands. Playing T in the preseason allows those local yokles to hold on to the undefeated seasons and overall records. To many, beating T in the regular season validates an undefeated season. You can't have it both ways. You can't tout a scrimmage like a regular season game, get crushed, win the next 15 and call it an undefeated season. That's part of what annoys those not in the Fort. Either it is just a scrimmage and should never be used to bolster a strength of schedule argument, or it is a loss.
hop24 Wrote:And your from?Big Grinrums02:

A much better team....
i can't wait for this one
Trinity is better than Highlands this year and was last year too. 2010 is debateable as the scrimmage came down to the last play. The prior 3 years before that, I'll take Highlands. Next year, I'll take Highlands again. Although, the game is played as a scrimmage and the preparation by each team may vary, it is still an accurate enough depiction of a game to gauge who is the better team.
30 going on 40 Wrote:Yeah, but you are not in the vocal minority. You are smart and understand what is important. The loud folks, do not. All we hear about is the greatness of Highlands. Playing T in the preseason allows those local yokles to hold on to the undefeated seasons and overall records. To many, beating T in the regular season validates an undefeated season. You can't have it both ways. You can't tout a scrimmage like a regular season game, get crushed, win the next 15 and call it an undefeated season. That's part of what annoys those not in the Fort. Either it is just a scrimmage and should never be used to bolster a strength of schedule argument, or it is a loss.

Thanks.

I know it's much easier said than done, but you have to ignore the vocal minority. When you respond, it only emboldens them.

The bottom line is that Trinity has a much better team than Highlands does this year. Hopefully the Birds will go undefeated; beat a pretty decent Elder team and win another state championship. Beating Trinity in the scrimmage would have been icing on the cake. Alas, no icing this year, but I do like the cake nonetheless and do I like competing for the icing each year regardless whether it's in a scrimmage game or a regular season game.

Peace.
I wonder how long Highlands and Trinity will keep scrimmaging each other.

With regard to the importance or significance of the scrimmage, it is true that it is not counted as an actual game by the KHSAA, and thus the loser (which has been HHS these past three years) does not have the scrimmage loss affect overall W-L records.

However, this scrimmage has been played under a "real game" format and I would be shocked if Highlands were not trying to win this scrimmage these past three years. Also, I can assure you that the outcome of this scrimmage most definitely matters in terms of the national picture. I have been told that Highlands was due to be ranked in the preseason USA Today poll back in 2010 or 2011, until losing to Trinity in the preseason scrimmage. The USA Today then pulled Highlands from its preseason rankings list.

Also, look at what Highlands accomplished last year. In just about every other year, if Highlands goes 15-0, wins state, beats Elder in The Pit, sets numerous state offensive records (not to mention cracking top-5 national records in some offensive stats categories) and has a QB who is an All-American, Highlands will end the year ranked in some top-25 rankings lists. Heck, Highlands has been ranked nationally in some previous years while accomplishing less than that! However, Highlands didn't get ranked in anybody's top-25 rankings, and I am quite sure it was due in large part to Trinity easily handling Highlands in the scrimmage.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A much better team....

Not skered to say who mine are.:yawn:
Pages: 1 2