Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will Belfry be able to make it out of their region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ashland gets a double digit victory over Belfry tonight and it doesn't look the score was close. Should Belfry be content with just winning their region this year? It has to be difficult knowing that you can't beat a school who won't make it past the second round in 4A. I say Belfry has no chance against Central or Bell and may not make it out of their region.
There aren't many schools in 3A that would make it past the second round of 4A. I can think of about two that might stand a chance. I'd call those 50/50 at best.
This is Breathitt's year, IMO.
when this team plays the way we think they should play the very dangerous but they just haven't played up to the hype
so i think i will very difficult to play with the top teams in 3a
Belfry gets better each week. Id say nothing to worry about.. But Breathitt is scary good and an excellent defense.. But BC will have to beat Belfry @ Belfry.
This is a legitimate thread, belfry hasn't beat a tough football team since 2008 when they beat a loaded Johnson central team that ended up getting spanked by highlands in the playoffs. Belfry fans have talked about this 2012 team for the past 2-3 years. Now that their time has come, they can't even beat Ashland? How do they ever expect to win a state title? If they make it through the region, central or bell will make belfry their Mrs. in the title game.
Here we go again. First of all this is just another game. Anyone can have a bad game. It doesn't matter who it is. This team is a legitimate team and at the end of the reg season this team will be prepared. Yeas they hav a weak district schedule but until u see this team play you just don't understand how dangerous they can be for other teams. It may be breathitts year and I am sure that we will find out come regionals but lets leave it at that. I myself hope the PIRATES make it back to Bowling green and they have as good of a chance as anyone.
I'm not sure how it will shape up. And I'm not even sure what teams are in the region anymore, but I'd say that breathitt will be about the only team to really stop them from moving on.

And since when is bell county in the same region as Belfry??
IMO belfry is the team to beat in this region, BC is very good but in the end belfry will win an go on an face a very tough central team that not many schools in the state can beat. Need not worry pirate fans you will be back in bowling green again this year.
panther nation Wrote:IMO belfry is the team to beat in this region, BC is very good but in the end belfry will win an go on an face a very tough central team that not many schools in the state can beat. Need not worry pirate fans you will be back in bowling green again this year.

I agree that belfry has a good chance to reach bowling green to face the team that is on the other side of the field.I'm sure it might be central but you never know on any given friday night.I like post like this by wideright because all this does is fire's the player's up that read this stuff.I think that belfry will be a tough team to beat in 3a for any team and i sure don't think that there's a team out there in 3a that will run all over belfry.Just my thought's on this year's belfry team.

Go Big Red:redboxer:
bac2369 Wrote:Belfry gets better each week. Id say nothing to worry about.. But Breathitt is scary good and an excellent defense.. But BC will have to beat Belfry @ Belfry.

Done it before. 1993,1999,2002,2009(Channing Fugate jr. year)
Wideright here you go again your a troll.Belfrybeat Ashland,Henry Clay,Garrard county,and Brethitt last year I think thats 2011.Belfry may never win a state title with Central at the top of the heap but you cant win a championship if you aint playing for it and Belfry has cosistantly been there.All other teams fight all year every year to get to that big game win or lose.You are a Belfry Hater we can see that and are jeolous of the Pond creek nation.We have a great football program and whimps like you will never change that.:ChairHit::ChairHit:
Good stuff
This game was much better and closer than the score indicates. Yes Ashland put a two TD win on the record books. However a few things happened in this game that real football and Belfry fans needed to see.

First off both teams lost the top running backs on their depth charts. Belfry at that was point was reeling trying to figure out personnel.

Ashland jumped to an early 14-0 lead by throwing the ball, they didn't expect it because of Baker but after he got knocked out of the game Belfry shut down the run except for one play later. It was something the Pirates had not been tested with all year and they had to adjust. Which they were able to do later in the game.

Secondly the Pirates had to get more of a passing attack going with their starters. Another thing that blowout wins have not allowed this season. After weeks of playing a quarter or a half the starters played a full 4 quarters and were much fresher than Ashland was late in the game. Ashland cramps were the likely momentum killer that stopped the Belfry comeback.

The Pirates came back and had a chance to tie the game 21-21 with very little time left but missed a crucial extra point. Down 21-20 with 1 TO and roughly 3:30 left in the game the Pirates allowed the only good Ashland run of the night and Ashland (could have been foolishly) took it to the house instead of downing it after the first down.

Belfry gets the ball back, down 8 but not out of it yet and begin to drive and it starts to look like it could be a great drive. The Pirates were giving it everything they had in them and it cost them on a penalty call that brought them back. Deflated from the call the Pirates allowed the Ashland D to swarm Sani Warren who fumbled the ball and Ashland took it to the house on the recovery.

Belfry showed all night they can adjust. They showed they are deep and that passing is a valid option. They showed they can play all 4 quarters and not be winded. They also showed they need to work on the passing D as well as special teams (always a weak unit)

This game was only 2-3 plays from having a different outcome. I hate to see Belfry lose, but there is a reason Haywood is the all time wins leader; you gave him a week and let him analyze this tape and they played this game again next week it would be a different ballgame.

This was heck of a football game, it had it all, and it by no means has me scared come playoff time.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:This game was much better and closer than the score indicates. Yes Ashland put a two TD win on the record books. However a few things happened in this game that real football and Belfry fans needed to see.

First off both teams lost the top running backs on their depth charts. Belfry at that was point was reeling trying to figure out personnel.

Ashland jumped to an early 14-0 lead by throwing the ball, they didn't expect it because of Baker but after he got knocked out of the game Belfry shut down the run except for one play later. It was something the Pirates had not been tested with all year and they had to adjust. Which they were able to do later in the game.

Secondly the Pirates had to get more of a passing attack going with their starters. Another thing that blowout wins have not allowed this season. After weeks of playing a quarter or a half the starters played a full 4 quarters and were much fresher than Ashland was late in the game. Ashland cramps were the likely momentum killer that stopped the Belfry comeback.

The Pirates came back and had a chance to tie the game 21-21 with very little time left but missed a crucial extra point. Down 21-20 with 1 TO and roughly 3:30 left in the game the Pirates allowed the only good Ashland run of the night and Ashland (could have been foolishly) took it to the house instead of downing it after the first down.

Belfry gets the ball back, down 8 but not out of it yet and begin to drive and it starts to look like it could be a great drive. The Pirates were giving it everything they had in them and it cost them on a penalty call that brought them back. Deflated from the call the Pirates allowed the Ashland D to swarm Sani Warren who fumbled the ball and Ashland took it to the house on the recovery.

Belfry showed all night they can adjust. They showed they are deep and that passing is a valid option. They showed they can play all 4 quarters and not be winded. They also showed they need to work on the passing D as well as special teams (always a weak unit)

This game was only 2-3 plays from having a different outcome. I hate to see Belfry lose, but there is a reason Haywood is the all time wins leader; you gave him a week and let him analyze this tape and they played this game again next week it would be a different ballgame.

This was heck of a football game, it had it all, and it by no means has me scared come playoff time.

Exactly how it played out. Most sensible post of the day!!!
red&white Wrote:Wideright here you go again your a troll.Belfrybeat Ashland,Henry Clay,Garrard county,and Brethitt last year I think thats 2011.Belfry may never win a state title with Central at the top of the heap but you cant win a championship if you aint playing for it and Belfry has cosistantly been there.All other teams fight all year every year to get to that big game win or lose.You are a Belfry Hater we can see that and are jeolous of the Pond creek nation.We have a great football program and whimps like you will never change that.:ChairHit::ChairHit:

I couldn't imagine being a Belfry fan. Every year is like starting off, hoping and wishing to get that state title, and then finishing the season running into a brick wall. Confusednicker:
i think belfry can make it out the region but the secondary got to get better and u got to redo ur backfield bring in austin hatifield at fullback switch trinity to halfback since justin johnson career is over and give sani enough time to throw it and for routes to open and just maybe belfry gets there. but i see a monster watching in the shadows its name is burbon county better than people thinks
WideRight05 Wrote:I couldn't imagine being a Belfry fan. Every year is like starting off, hoping and wishing to get that state title, and then finishing the season running into a brick wall. Confusednicker:
:please:You could never be a Belfry fan we have class something you lack.Now go away child you bore me.:moon:
People still respond seriously to this guys obvious trolling? Lol
You got one thing right on this post title.

OUR region. (:
belfry is power house in 3A
baller4lyfe Wrote:People still respond seriously to this guys obvious trolling? Lol

Confusednicker:
A person can never tell about Belfry, a few years ago I saw them play and I was not impressed at all but come playoff time they got there act together and made it all the way to the 3A state finals. It is one thing to have a talented team but when you have team that is talented and responds to good coaching then you have something. As long as Haywood is on the sideline Belfry has a chance!
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:i think belfry can make it out the region but the secondary got to get better and u got to redo ur backfield bring in austin hatifield at fullback switch trinity to halfback since justin johnson career is over and give sani enough time to throw it and for routes to open and just maybe belfry gets there. but i see a monster watching in the shadows its name is burbon county better than people thinks

Can you give us more info on Johnson? I really hope his career isn't over, but health and safety are way more important than football. God bless him and I hope he gets well soon.
Breathitt vs Belfry in Regional Finals. Have not seen Belfry live. Have seen them on film. Have seen Breathitt live. I like Breathitt in this one. Trent is the real Deal!!