Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Excited!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got to meet John Calipari today. He is SUCH a fantastic guy. Talked to him for a couple of minutes. I'm still at a loss of words to describe this. It literally felt like an out of body experience.
If I was rich i would have donated a million to eat with him like the people did during the Haiti stuff.

He gets talked about badly all over the place, but the simple truth is....the guys the best recruiter of all time.

If ESPN ever wants any of my respect, they'll remove the comment sections from their articles. It only diminishes the article IMO.

Coach Cal will stay here for years IMO and will, at the very least, catch us up to UCLA in championships.
Coach Cal will be at UK as long as he wants to be. Both he and his wife are very involved in their community and they do lots of charity work that is never reported in the news. You should see the crowd at their house during Halloween, at least last year. They were both outside handing out UK suckers!! My daughter lives pretty close to them, and I see/hear about lots of things they do for the community. This may not be too popular to say, but Mrs. Calipari is the only coach's wife that has been THAT involved in community since Mrs. Smith. Tubby Smith's wife was a generous and warm woman who loved kids. She was always doing something to give back. I have tremendous respect for that woman.
I got to meet him and shake his hand once..
Where does he live at? Not to be creepy, I'm not going to go there or anything but I live close to Lexington and always wondered where the coaches live and how they can distance themselves, lol.
^ LOL, good question. I wondered the same thing myself.
If you are going from I-75 toward down town on Richmond Road, he lives second house on the left after you go through the Richmond Rd Chinoe intersection.
Notice the UK flower pots on the porch. And when he bought that house, the outside was completely redone with gates and walls. He's isolated that house very well. I don't blame him!!
From time to time you can see big black 4 wheel drive vehicles go in his place. I always that it was probably the team going for a function. There's 4-6 of them.
^Pretty cool.
Granny Bear Wrote:If you are going from I-75 toward down town on Richmond Road, he lives second house on the left after you go through the Richmond Rd Chinoe intersection.
Notice the UK flower pots on the porch. And when he bought that house, the outside was completely redone with gates and walls. He's isolated that house very well. I don't blame him!!
From time to time you can see big black 4 wheel drive vehicles go in his place. I always that it was probably the team going for a function. There's 4-6 of them.

Confusednicker:
Yippie!!!
Sweet