Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Good backs that will be sorely misses by their teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeffery Canady, Knox Central, or Nick Britt, Russell County, or Boston Bryant, Whitley County, who are all excellent senior backs for their respective teams; which player will be most missed by their team and why. May be some others that need to be added to this list.
^Nick Britt.

I have a lot of former parishioners, friends and acquaintances that have children on the team and I was a pastor in Russell County before. However, before Britt, they did nothing, and I am afraid that afterwards they will not be the same. They will not be bad again, but they will probably be a .500 team after him.

Lakers, if you read this, PLEASE prove me wrong. I will eat a massive pile of crow if proved wrong.
Nick is the best football player to come out of Russell Co. and he'll be missed but Russell Co. will still have Evan Fletcher and Blake Ellis so that will ease the pain.

After 2013, it may be ugly.
Nick Britt.
daybowbow Wrote:Nick is the best football player to come out of Russell Co. and he'll be missed but Russell Co. will still have Evan Fletcher and Blake Ellis so that will ease the pain.

After 2013, it may be ugly.

They are good, but you know that Rock will be the class of the district next season. Fletcher is a great defensive player too.
LWC Wrote:They are good, but you know that Rock will be the class of the district next season. Fletcher is a great defensive player too.

LWC-Do you really think that Rock will be the CLASS of the district next year??? I truly believe all teams will be very close next year, with no clear front runner.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:LWC-Do you really think that Rock will be the CLASS of the district next year??? I truly believe all teams will be very close next year, with no clear front runner.

Yes. However, not a dominating team, but a clearly better team than the others. I see them being a favorite against any district team they play.
Think about this, who does Knox Central, Clay County and Russell County lose? Britt, Mann, Canady, Dezarn, Evans, Hyde, Whittle and Williams

Rock has 8 total seniors. 4 of those will hurt, but that is easily rebuildable. How do you replace a Jeffery Canady, Nick Britt, Barton Mann, Lucas Williams? As much as I like the Rock players and parents, there is no player on this current Rock team that is irreplacable. Some of the lineman will be missed, but are replacable. The Lakers and Panthers will not replace those players.
south floyd senior running back weston little this kid has done a lot over the past 4 years with 6500 yards over 80 tds i think hes been the best back in the district over the last couple of years and one of the top backs in the state this kid can put on a show
Jake Middleton, Harlan County.
Those are some talented backs.
LWC Wrote:^Nick Britt.

I have a lot of former parishioners, friends and acquaintances that have children on the team and I was a pastor in Russell County before. However, before Britt, they did nothing, and I am afraid that afterwards they will not be the same. They will not be bad again, but they will probably be a .500 team after him.

Lakers, if you read this, PLEASE prove me wrong. I will eat a massive pile of crow if proved wrong.

Do you like it fried, broiled, grilled or baked! Would you like to wash it down with an ice cold ski, pepsi, or rootbeer. I usually agree with almost everything you post on here but you are dead wrong if you think the Lakers will be a .500 team next year. The Lakers should be the favorite next year in the district! Our junior class is a deeper class than our senior class. Ellis will take over at quarterback and will be an excellent decision maker and leader on the field. Short, Fletcher, Adams, Smith and the rest will be a year older and stronger. We will miss Nick and his quick strike ability....but we will still be able to move the chains! I fully the expect the Lakers to compete for the district title! If not I like mine wrapped in bacon and grilled!Smile
We have a really good crop of high school RB's in EKY this year.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Do you like it fried, broiled, grilled or baked! Would you like to wash it down with an ice cold ski, pepsi, or rootbeer. I usually agree with almost everything you post on here but you are dead wrong if you think the Lakers will be a .500 team next year. The Lakers should be the favorite next year in the district! Our junior class is a deeper class than our senior class. Ellis will take over at quarterback and will be an excellent decision maker and leader on the field. Short, Fletcher, Adams, Smith and the rest will be a year older and stronger. We will miss Nick and his quick strike ability....but we will still be able to move the chains! I fully the expect the Lakers to compete for the district title! If not I like mine wrapped in bacon and grilled!Smile

Fletcher is a good back, but the step down from Britt to him is a LARGE step. He just doesn't have the vision that Nick has. However, Ellis does have that kind of vision, and at QB will be a nice combination with Fletcher's speed (can anyone way Wildcat). I expect the Lakers to be a bigger district threat next season than they are this year, but I don't expect them to be a regional threat. An 8-2 season is very doable. The most missed player on the team will be Lucas Williams.....not sure who they are going to have take over the kicking duties, but Williams may be a once in a lifetime kind of kicker....perhaps Ellis can bring back the rugby punt which would be a tremendous fake option.