Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Debate Winner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After that debate, I think Obama's going to vote for Romney.
He did get destroyed, that's for sure. Surprised me, the President is usually a lot more prepared.
I'm absolutely stunned that Romney won so easily. I seriously thought Obama would come out and at least try to seal the deal, but Romney sent him home battered and bruised. Only David Axlerod has said good things about him thus far, and even he admitted that Romney won on style haha.

I'm extremely impressed by Romney. I can't say that enough. Obama looked as if he was tired, sad, and unsure of himself. Romney displayed the exact opposite.
This has happened before. Watch the first debate between Kerry and Bush in 2004. Bush got beat pretty bad in that debate.
Romney threw his tax plan out the window .
WideRight05 Wrote:This has happened before. Watch the first debate between Kerry and Bush in 2004. Bush got beat pretty bad in that debate.

Not like tonight Wide. Romney schooled O and made him look weak and superficial. On a side note, wonder if some of the poll braggers will have much to tout after tomorrow's polls come out. Everybody is stunned in the dems camp.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Romney threw his tax plan out the window .

Romney absolutely destroyed Obama's tax plan, by using Obama's own words. "we shouldn't raise taxes with a weak economy" (he then signed a 2 year extension). Now the economy is even WEAKER (growing more slowly than last year, which grew more slowly than the year before.) Obama didn't even respond to it.
From a completely non biased point of view, i dont see how undecided voters couldnt see the clear cut win for Romney in this debate.

Romney was smooth, on point, and well versed.

Obama was uhhhhh, uhhhhh, wellll, uhhhhh.

Hard to talk without a teleprompter.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From a completely non biased point of view, i dont see how undecided voters couldnt see the clear cut win for Romney in this debate.

Romney was smooth, on point, and well versed.

Obama was uhhhhh, uhhhhh, wellll, uhhhhh.

Hard to talk without a teleprompter.

lol....I dont see how an Obama supporter could not vote for Romney after this debate.
^
:truestory:

BUT, they will, because Lady Gag and Snoop Doggy Joint told them too....
Obama just looked unprepared and everytime Obama made any point, if the guy who was throwing out topics would try to change it, Romney would stop him and shoot Obama's argument in the leg.

Obama was completely outmatched.
BFritz Wrote:After that debate, I think Obama's going to vote for Romney.

Reminds me of the episode on Andy Griffith when Barney is running for Sheriff against Andy. After being beaten badly in the debate Barney turns to the crowd and says, "I dont know about you all, but I'm voting for Andy!!"Confusednicker:
I thought both candidates were well prepared and poised. Little things always distract me from more important issues.....I found myself wondering if their stylists communicated; Obama with the blue tie, Romney with the red!! Smile

Romney stormed out of the gate with an impressive start. He faded in the stretch a little, but finished very well. His closing comments impressed me...a lot. Obama kept hammering the $5 trillion cuts along with military's extra $2 trillion "that they haven't asked for" over and over again. I mean he beat the horse into the ground and dug after it. Romney articulated very well how that was NOT part of his platform, but Obama just didn't get the memo, I guess. I thought that hurt him.

After the debate, I was running the channels trying to get away from the media comments, but I did hear CBS news correspondent say that she was surprised at the outcome. She was expecting an email from the democratic party claiming victory, but it never came. She looked surprised and confused. Guess she wasn't scripted for anything but an Obama victory, so she had nothing to say.

If Romney can keep this up, it could change the election. Personally, I can't wait for the VP debate!
I'm not stunned at all. Going in, all I heard from my friends from the other side is how good a speaker that Obama is, and to be truthful, HE IS! But what I pointed out to them is that Obama is possibly the best - at reading from a teleprompter! When in open dialog, Obama has never been any better than he displayed last night. So, if grading last nights debate based on presence dictum, yes Romney won easily!

But I could care less who stammered the most. I was looking for content, and by god, I heard what I needed to hear from Romney! He clearly gave me the points that I needed to hear! He gave me the outline of what we can do to spark the economy! Let's get the government out of Washington and back into the hands of the people! Yes, for me, Romney outlined what I needed to hear.

To get on here and debate who won last night, well that is circumstantial. The winner is the one who told you the things you wanted to hear! If you want government to provide for you, then Obama clearly won your vote. If you believe that governments role is to outline a pathway that helps you to achieve your desire for life, liberty and justice for all, then Romney gave you the points that you needed to hear as you leader!
I agree! But, over the years Romney has just never impressed me with his public speaking ability. Obviously I'm incorrect, but because of that I was not expecting him to storm out from the start the way that he did. I'm glad that he did, but it wasn't what I expected.
In this one, Obama wasn't able to do all that shuck and jive routine he does with the aide of a teleprompter.

There is a big difference in doing the rebel rouser junk in the streets trying to create a frenzy saying basicly nothing, than actually having to stand and talk about real issues in a debate platform.
Compare Romney's life accomplishments with those of Kardashian. Kardashian has none. He is fine when he has his teleprompter and faces puffball questions from questioners who already have their heads up his butt.

In the real world, Kardashian can't function or compete. Of course, up until now, he has never been required to because he has been sheltered from reality since birth.

When the real world appears, Kardashian is a non-entity. Next time he debates it should be against Justin Beiber. Their level is quite similar
Stardust Wrote:If you want government to provide for you, then Obama clearly won your vote. If you believe that governments role is to outline a pathway that helps you to achieve your desire for life, liberty and justice for all, then Romney gave you the points that you needed to hear as you leader!

This. :1:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Compare Romney's life accomplishments with those of Kardashian. Kardashian has none. He is fine when he has his teleprompter and faces puffball questions from questioners who already have their heads up his butt.

In the real world, Kardashian can't function or compete. Of course, up until now, he has never been required to because he has been sheltered from reality since birth.

When the real world appears, Kardashian is a non-entity. Next time he debates it should be against Justin Beiber. Their level is quite similar

They both appeal to similar demographics, Bieber to 9-year-old girls, and Obama to people who think like a 9-year-old girl.
More Cowbell Wrote:They both appeal to similar demographics, Bieber to 9-year-old girls, and Obama to people who think like a 9-year-old girl.

Absolutely a perfect analogy. Excellent post, More Cowbell.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree! But, over the years Romney has just never impressed me with his public speaking ability. Obviously I'm incorrect, but because of that I was not expecting him to storm out from the start the way that he did. I'm glad that he did, but it wasn't what I expected.

I would say last night was the best I have ever seen Romney speak. If he had spoke like this during the Republican nomination, everyone would have conceded week one!
Romney could have won an Oscar for performance, up until you do a factcheck on what he said.
Stardust Wrote:I would say last night was the best I have ever seen Romney speak. If he had spoke like this during the Republican nomination, everyone would have conceded week one!

^Agree. My question with regard to the second debate moderated by Candy Crowley of CNN is this. Part of the format is to allow "undecided voters" to ask questions of the candidates in a town hall setting. Will the audience then be made up of only this catagory of folks, or will the usual Obama groupies from local colleges take up the cheering section?
TheRealVille Wrote:Romney could have won an Oscar for performance, up until you do a factcheck on what he said.

You sure you don't mean democrat spincheck?
TheRealThing Wrote:You sure you don't mean democrat spincheck?
So, TRT is doing the typing, and Hoot is doing the liking tonight? Do you switch every night, or every other night?
TheRealVille Wrote:Romney could have won an Oscar for performance, up until you do a factcheck on what he said.

Which is what he has said everyday for the last 365! So, if the FACTCHECK had figured out everything for the last 365 days was a lie, then why didn't anyone inform Obama last night before the dabate? Or, is Obama just too stupid to remember what everyone had prepared him for? Poor guy without a teleprompter turns out to be a complete idiot hunh....

Obama won a Razzie. Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:Which is what he has said everyday for the last 365! So, if the FACTCHECK had figured out everything for the last 365 days was a lie, then why didn't anyone inform Obama last night before the dabate? Or, is Obama just too stupid to remember what everyone had prepared him for? Poor guy without a teleprompter turns out to be a complete idiot hunh....

This factcheck deal is suspicious on it's face. We get this organization that declares itself to be totally unbiased and factual. No entity fits that description in today's world.
TheRealVille Wrote:So, TRT is doing the typing, and Hoot is doing the liking tonight? Do you switch every night, or every other night?
:hilarious:

Ever "factchecked" your boy?
Pages: 1 2 3