Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bible Prophecy Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today, I've been looking at past threads I've made about bible prophecy. The idea just came to me today that there might be some people here on bluegrassrivals.com who are interested in knowing more about bible prophecy. Therefore, I thought of making a thread completely about bible prophecy.

I don't intend for this thread to be about anything specific. Simply if you have any questions at all about bible prophecy, just post it here. Hopefully, I or someone else will be able to answer your question. Every now and then, I plan to post some lessons concerning bible prophecy here.
I won't like (and it's probably due to me being young) this stuff scares the crap out of me, prophecy and everything concerning the end of time. I don't think anybody could debate it though. It's real.
WideRight05 Wrote:I won't like (and it's probably due to me being young) this stuff scares the crap out of me, prophecy and everything concerning the end of time. I don't think anybody could debate it though. It's real.

I'm glad you brought that up. It is scary to think of end-times bible prophecy. However, God didn't give bible prophecy to scare us, but instead so that we as Christians would be motivated to live in purity for Christ as well as witness to others about Christ before it's too late.
True, it's just scary to think that it might be happening now...no one really knows, but it feels like this is it and that's scary to think.
Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

You sound very distinguished Wildcatk23. Smile
The scary part is listening to someone who knows what they are talking about tie it all in with things that are really going on today..
Deathstar 80 Wrote:You sound very distinguished Wildcatk23. Smile

It is probably my favorite bible verse.

Luk 12:32
Yeah. I know Ezekiel 38-39 and the latter parts of Daniel are talked about quite a bit right now. Perry Stone...John Hagee...these guys are on it.
Death do you believe in the Rapture? That believers will be taken to heaven before tribulation?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It is probably my favorite bible verse.

Luk 12:32

That one blows my mind. Not intending to jack the thread, but I did not know you had Biblical beliefs. That is good to read.
WideRight05 Wrote:That one blows my mind. Not intending to jack the thread, but I did not know you had Biblical beliefs. That is good to read.

No ones perfect man. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of god. Some just more than others.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Death do you believe in the Rapture? That believers will be taken to heaven before tribulation?

Are you asking me or death? Big Grin

The existence of the rapture isn't the thing you should be asking. It's the timing of the rapture that everyone debates about. Just to let everyone know, there are three different types:

Pre-Tribulation Theory: The rapture will occur before the tribulation period.
Mid-Tribulation Theory: The rapture will occur in the middle of the tribulation period.
Post-Tribulation Theory: The rapture will occur at the end of the tribulation period.

I've just learned that there's a fourth theory - that the rapture will occur near the end of the tribulation period and right before the second coming of Christ, but this seems to be less popular than the other three theories.

I'm personally a pre-tribulationist. That's what I've always been taught, and Grant Jeffrey - who was also a pre-tribulationsit - showed further evidence that this theory is true.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Are you asking me or death? Big Grin

The existence of the rapture isn't the thing you should be asking. It's the timing of the rapture that everyone debates about. Just to let everyone know, there are three different types:

Mid-Tribulation Theory: The rapture will occur in the middle of the tribulation period.
Post-Tribulation Theory: The rapture will occur at the end of the tribulation period.

I've just learned that there's a fourth theory - that the rapture will occur near the end of the tribulation period and right before the second coming of Christ, but this seems to be less popular than the other three theories.

I'm personally a pre-tribulationist. That's what I've always been taught, and Grant Jeffrey - who was also a pre-tribulationsit - showed further evidence that this theory is true.

OK, So Its like the left behind series?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:OK, So Its like the left behind series?

Yes, that's what I've personally always believed.
Still my favorite verse is...

Proverbs 3,5,6,

Trust the lord with all thy heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknoledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Here's a video from Grant Jeffrey. It's about the Great Tribulation Period.

Part 1:

Part 2:

^I love the last bit of Part 2. I encourage everyone to at least watch the second video starting at the 8:30 minute-mark. He's talking about the great tribulation period, but he has an important message soon after that.

I encourage everyone to accept Jesus Christ and their personal savior. I also encourage Christians to live in purity and to witness to others about Christ before it's too late.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No ones perfect man. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of god. Some just more than others.

Stardust, have you hacked Wildcat's account? LOL. I feel the same way bro, I've fallen short about 500 times today. I just figured, from your posts, you came more from an agnostic background. This is, great to see though.
WideRight05 Wrote:Stardust, have you hacked Wildcat's account? LOL. I feel the same way bro, I've fallen short about 500 times today. I just figured, from your posts, you came more from an agnostic background. This is, great to see though.

Appreciate it,
Ex 14:21

And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Philippians 3:20-21
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body
Let me get some comments from you guys about this verse...

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Im sure there is a lot of debate over, well, anything said in the bible and what it's true meaning is.
For the verse above, in your opinion, what does it mean? Who are the dead in Christ? Who will be left? Where is the mentioning of non-believers?

Also, another interesting question (that a lot of people vary on) is what role do the Jews have in Christ in your opinion. Heaven? Hell? Not sure?

We all have our own opinions, and id love to hear some of your on this.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me get some comments from you guys about this verse...

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Im sure there is a lot of debate over, well, anything said in the bible and what it's true meaning is.
For the verse above, in your opinion, what does it mean? Who are the dead in Christ? Who will be left? Where is the mentioning of non-believers?

Also, another interesting question (that a lot of people vary on) is what role do the Jews have in Christ in your opinion. Heaven? Hell? Not sure?

I believe the Bible means exactly what it says. Since I believe in Pre-Tribulation Theory, I see it that The Dead in Christ are the people who have died and been burried. Now their souls of course have been in heaven, but now they are meeting with their bodies, and their bodies are rising. The Christians will meet God in the air with The Dead in Christ and go to heaven. As for as the non-believers, they stay for the 7 year tribulation period, where at the end God destroys the earth with fire.

Thats the way I have always been taught.
^
Nicely said.

Anyone else?
M'boroYellowJacket stole the words from my mouth.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me get some comments from you guys about this verse...

Don't take my word for it, and if I'm wrong someone please correct me..

But if i remember correctly the book of thessalonians was written by the apostle Paul. And it was a series of letter he wrote to the 12 different churches. The dead in christ are the ones who were believers before Jesus came to save mankind. Cause before that there was no way into heaven save for going through all the Jewish rituals, and such.
I'm a little foggy on the details.

But that, the ones that are left that is spoken of is the current believers, that Jesus is the son of God. And what will happen is our souls will be taken up. No actual death. Just a promise to live forever in heaven.

Like I said, I'm rusty on my facts, but i'm pretty sure that's what most of this is talking about
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Are you asking me or death? Big Grin

Don't forget the other views...

I'm an amillennialist. I follow Augustine Eschatology. Basically as a Catholic (along with most eastern rites and orthodox churches) believe that pre-millennialism can not be safely taught, and for all practical purposes --- reject the idea of the rapture as taught in the left behind series. While it is somewhat uncommon of a view in the state of Kentucky, some protestant churches such as the Church of Christ believe the same. Amillennialism is the most prevelant view in the entire world, held by nearly all of the catholic faithful which number nearly 1.25 billion people. I'm not about to get in a debate about the views and who is right, just wanted to put it out there so that is it known.
Ive always wondered about the Jews. You dont here it much in a baptist setting, but what part of the bible discusses it, and what are your alls take on that?
ronald reagan Wrote:Don't forget the other views...

I'm an amillennialist. I follow Augustine Eschatology. Basically as a Catholic (along with most eastern rites and orthodox churches) believe that pre-millennialism can not be safely taught, and for all practical purposes --- reject the idea of the rapture as taught in the left behind series. While it is somewhat uncommon of a view in the state of Kentucky, some protestant churches such as the Church of Christ believe the same. Amillennialism is the most prevelant view in the entire world, held by nearly all of the catholic faithful which number nearly 1.25 billion people. I'm not about to get in a debate about the views and who is right, just wanted to put it out there so that is it known.

It's good that you bring that up ronald reagan.

The Bible promises that Jesus Christ will rule over the earth for one thousand years, which many call the Millennial Period. The following are the three different views about the Millennial Period:

Pre-millinnial View: The Millennium will occur after the second coming of Christ.
Post-millinnial View: The Millennium will occur after the Church Age and before the start of the Tribulation Period.
Amillennial View: The Church Age and the Millennium take place at the same time, with the Tribulation Period occurring at the end of the Church Age/Millennium.

Is this correct ronald reagan? Just checking.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:It's good that you bring that up ronald reagan.

The Bible promises that Jesus Christ will rule over the earth for one thousand years, which many call the Millennial Period. The following are the three different views about the Millennial Period:

Pre-millinnial View: The Millennium will occur after the second coming of Christ.
Post-millinnial View: The Millennium will occur after the Church Age and before the start of the Tribulation Period.
Amillennial View: The Church Age and the Millennium take place at the same time, with the Tribulation Period occurring at the end of the Church Age/Millennium.

Is this correct ronald reagan? Just checking.

I think so, I haven't done much studying on the other two ideas in quite a while. I do know that amillennialism rejects the 1000 year reign. Instead we believe Christ reigns literally over the perfect kingdom he set up... the church.

I'm kinda rust on the tribulation period, because I came from the Church of Christ prior to being Catholic... they too are Amillenielist....
Don't know much about the amillennialism view but that is interesting. I go to the Christian church, which I know is very similar to the Church of Christ. However, from what I have always believed, and been taught there, the rapture exists. Maybe that is an area the Christian Church/Church of Christ differ.

Thessalonians is an interesting book. Pretty much the whole idea of it in the first book is that Jesus is coming, get ready and be prepared...etc. The second book was written when people were quitting their jobs getting ready for him to come. Paul writes pretty much saying, "Whoa! I said he's coming but we don't know when! So keep working and live like he's coming tomorrow, but also like he's coming years from now."
Pages: 1 2