Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hall out at Breathitt!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Word has it Brian Hall has been asked to resign at Holcomb university...What a shame!!! This guy brought nothing but class to a town that needs more class. This place is about as backwoods as it gets...I guess that's why old school Holcomb continues to call the shots. From what I can gather he could have made more of a stand for Coach Hall but didn't. What a shame!!! What comes around goes around and I see nothing but problems for this program.
This is a sad day for Breathitt County Basketball. Coach Hall is a class individual and he knows his "BASKETBALL". I am sure some program will want to "snach" up a young coach that knows what he is doing and willing to put in the time to make a program a winner. Good Luck Coach. :Thumbs:
Nice move Breathitt...what a joke for a school. Hall was 50 and 10 after his first two years at Breathitt, then he has a bunch of over-rated jr. high superstars who have a bad year.....then he is fired???????? I have lost all respect for that place!! I hope you never win another game at any sport!!

Hey, by the way...Holcomb was 4 and 6 last year...when does he get his walking papers??? The people at Breathitt need those footballs stuck up their $^%&.
bball fan Wrote:Nice move Breathitt...what a joke for a school. Hall was 50 and 10 after his first two years at Breathitt, then he has a bunch of over-rated jr. high superstars who have a bad year.....then he is fired???????? I have lost all respect for that place!! I hope you never win another game at any sport!!

Hey, by the way...Holcomb was 4 and 6 last year...when does he get his walking papers??? The people at Breathitt need those footballs stuck up their $^%&.

preach on brother, preach on! :rockon:
Absolutely ridiculous.....I cannot believe this.....
bball fan Wrote:Nice move Breathitt...what a joke for a school. Hall was 50 and 10 after his first two years at Breathitt, then he has a bunch of over-rated jr. high superstars who have a bad year.....then he is fired???????? I have lost all respect for that place!! I hope you never win another game at any sport!!

I agree bball fan, Holcomb walks around over there like he's untouchable.....When are they gonna hold him accountable for his programs demise...He basically does nothing but coach over there. No teaching duties!!! Most coaches would love to have that luxury. This new Superintendent sounds like a real winner...Good luck Breathitt, you have some classless people in charge....that usually leads to big problems...!!!
Will Holcomb be the replacement? Wouldn't doubt it....I agree Nike Man....
Sad day in East KY sports!!
Coach Hall is a great man! When he taught at JC and assisted in basketball, he was loved by everyone. Some of his fellow teachers and former players always have great stories to tell on him.
Keep your headf up coach!!! We at JC still love ya!
that just wrong
Nike Man Wrote:Word has it Brian Hall has been asked to resign at Holcomb university...What a shame!!! This guy brought nothing but class to a town that needs more class. This place is about as backwoods as it gets...I guess that's why old school Holcomb continues to call the shots. From what I can gather he could have made more of a stand for Coach Hall but didn't. What a shame!!! What comes around goes around and I see nothing but problems for this program.
As far as a town needing more class, just look at your town and the same could be said. In sports results are the most important aspect of coaching, trumping all other areas, and the results were simply not there. Things would be different if the team played hard game in and game out, but they looked as if they did not care and that is the coaches fault. Being a nice guy does not make you a good coach, and he may be a good coach at another school, but results are what led to this, and Jackson likes to get results out of its sports teams. If you think that Jackson is as "backwoods" as you can get, you have obviously not been around eastern Kentucky and seen places like Belfry, Knott Central, and such. Ignorant remarks from someone who has not been around and seen very many towns IMO, but I would expext nothing more.

The current "excitement" in the community about Breathitt County sports is a direct result of Coach Holombs results and decisions.
[QUOTE=TheBrahmaBull]The current "excitement" in the community about Breathitt County sports is a direct result of Coach Holombs results and decisions.[/QUOTE

You make good points, but explain this..they were 50-10 in his first two seasons and those teams played extremely hard. This past year, the over-rated jr. high phenoms didn't play hard?? So I guess you are saying Hall was the reason that they didn't play hard. Maybe the real reason they didn't compete is that the kids this year couldn't accept the fact that other teams had caught up with them size-wise and they just aren't going to be as good as advertised. By the way, the 4-6 Breahitt Football team didn't appear to play hard or care either....will there be a change on the gridiron too???
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The current "excitement" in the community about Breathitt County sports is a direct result of Coach Holombs results and decisions.

From what I am hearing...there isn't any "current excitement" in the Jackson Community, except maybe at Jackson City!!
Coach HAll come back to 15th there a lot of Jobs open over here
Nike Man Wrote:I agree bball fan, Holcomb walks around over there like he's untouchable.....When are they gonna hold him accountable for his programs demise...He basically does nothing but coach over there. No teaching duties!!! Most coaches would love to have that luxury. This new Superintendent sounds like a real winner...Good luck Breathitt, you have some classless people in charge....that usually leads to big problems...!!!

Wow. How can you say that about a three-time state championship coach? Now maybe he has a bit of an attitude, I don't know him personally, but as far as coaching goes he is one of the most respected coaches in the STATE. He is a proven winner and built the Breathitt County football program from the ground up. What was Breathitt Co. football like before Molcomb arrived? I don't think this was a good move letting go of a good basketball coach, a good teacher, a good role-model, and a good person. But I don't think we should be bashing Mike Holcomb over it. He has done nothing but build a football program that is respected state wide. He may only coach, but I know numerous coaches who are that way. Holcomb has earned everything he recieves.
Sorry to hear this , I really like Coach Hall and thought he was doing. He won't be out of a job for long. Sheldon Clark needs an associate coach to replace Shaun Hager, I'm sure he'd be welcomed over here in Inez.
very political
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:As far as a town needing more class, just look at your town and the same could be said. In sports results are the most important aspect of coaching, trumping all other areas, and the results were simply not there. Things would be different if the team played hard game in and game out, but they looked as if they did not care and that is the coaches fault. Being a nice guy does not make you a good coach, and he may be a good coach at another school, but results are what led to this, and Jackson likes to get results out of its sports teams. If you think that Jackson is as "backwoods" as you can get, you have obviously not been around eastern Kentucky and seen places like Belfry, Knott Central, and such. Ignorant remarks from someone who has not been around and seen very many towns IMO, but I would expext nothing more.
I don't know you and don't want to and I can assure you that my opinion speaks for alot of people in Breathitt County....:rockon:
Nike Man Wrote:I don't know you and don't want to and I can assure you that my opinion speaks for alot of people in Breathitt County....:rockon:
Your opinion about the coach maybe, but not about the "back-woods" statement that you made. There are ignorant paople everywhere, not just in rural eastern Kentucky cities, so your assurtion that Jackson is somehow more "backwoods" than any other rural city in the Eastern part of the state is incorrect, but they do say opinions are like ...holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. This coach may be a very nice guy, I am not saying anything about that because it does not matter in the current age of coaching. Results are what matters, and not only did the team not compete in many games, they looked disintrested, and that is grounds for getting replaced IMO.
bball fan Wrote:[QUOTE=TheBrahmaBull]The current "excitement" in the community about Breathitt County sports is a direct result of Coach Holombs results and decisions.[/QUOTE

You make good points, but explain this..they were 50-10 in his first two seasons and those teams played extremely hard. This past year, the over-rated jr. high phenoms didn't play hard?? So I guess you are saying Hall was the reason that they didn't play hard. Maybe the real reason they didn't compete is that the kids this year couldn't accept the fact that other teams had caught up with them size-wise and they just aren't going to be as good as advertised. By the way, the 4-6 Breahitt Football team didn't appear to play hard or care either....will there be a change on the gridiron too???
Who knows why they did not play hard, but the blame always goes on the head coach, it has been that way and will continue to be that way. As far as size and such, if teams are catching up with them and such, they need to change to a more up tempo game that takes the size aspect out of the game alittle. There are always options to offset size, or lack thereof.
bball fan Wrote:From what I am hearing...there isn't any "current excitement" in the Jackson Community, except maybe at Jackson City!!
Jackson City is getting better, but Breathitt is still the team to beat in the County IMO. I graduated from Jackson City in 8th grade and From Breathitt as a Senior, there is not as much hatred there as you would think, they really do not care about eachother onle way or the other.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Your opinion about the coach maybe, but not about the "back-woods" statement that you made. There are ignorant paople everywhere, not just in rural eastern Kentucky cities, so your assurtion that Jackson is somehow more "backwoods" than any other rural city in the Eastern part of the state is incorrect, but they do say opinions are like ...holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. This coach may be a very nice guy, I am not saying anything about that because it does not matter in the current age of coaching. Results are what matters, and not only did the team not compete in many games, they looked disintrested, and that is grounds for getting replaced IMO.
Results are what matters??? 50-10 in his firt two years. Don't give me that garbadge...You are a joke and so is your administration!!! :howdy:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Your opinion about the coach maybe, but not about the "back-woods" statement that you made. There are ignorant paople everywhere, not just in rural eastern Kentucky cities, so your assurtion that Jackson is somehow more "backwoods" than any other rural city in the Eastern part of the state is incorrect, but they do say opinions are like ...holes, everyone has one and most of them stink. This coach may be a very nice guy, I am not saying anything about that because it does not matter in the current age of coaching. Results are what matters, and not only did the team not compete in many games, they looked disintrested, and that is grounds for getting replaced IMO.

Fifty and 10 in his first two seasons, then he loses a bunch of seniors, the best junior in the region to LCC, and had to play with a bunch of "very average" young kids and you say they looked disinterested????? Great statement BranhamBull!! Pull that football out of your butt! What a joke!!!
I hate to hear about Coach Hall, if those people over there aren't intelligent enough to "cabbage" on him, then SCHS could really use some help.. C'mon home and forget that bunch... they aren't worth your worry.
You can always come back to Johnson Central.
Great Coach.:rockon:
Good Coach, always welcome in the 15th, maybe he can come back now.
Nike Man Wrote:Results are what matters??? 50-10 in his firt two years. Don't give me that garbadge...You are a joke and so is your administration!!! :howdy:

:notworthy I could not agree more !!! What more could a young coach do? And from what I've read about B-Bulls opinions ---- that's just silly to say the coach should be fired if his team doesn't play hard on a particular night. Your talking about 15 & 16 year old kids, who are very unpredicatable. I think coach Hall has done a wonderful job at BC and I can't see them finding someone much better than him so it leads me to believe politics may have played a part in this decision.
Come back to the 15th Coach Hall where you are appreciated. Someone is going to pick up a great coach....
Will Coach Hall apply at Jackson City?
bball fan Wrote:Will Coach Hall apply at Jackson City?

That would be awsome!! Jc has some good talent I think, and it would be great to beat their cross road rivals.
Pages: 1 2 3