Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 2013 Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone from the HC faithful know if we have a full schedule for next year yet? I am really worried.
bear claw Wrote:Does anyone from the HC faithful know if we have a full schedule for next year yet? I am really worried.

As of right now,
Letcher Central
Whitley County
Perry Central
Bell County
Belfry
Clay County
Madison Central in the Row Kidd Bowl (nearly finalized)
Lee, Virginia is still a possibility

Harlan County will have a full schedule, but coaches don't want to have to travel 3 hours for the rest of the games if they don't have to. It would be really nice to have Knox, Breathitt and Johnson Central to fill out the schedule, but they will not play.
That is a dang shame we can't get mountain teams to play us....it is not like we are the best team in the nation...not even the state....I mean come on people....play us so we dont have to travel 15 hours to play a stinkin football game.
It's not really a hop, skip, or jump to Johnson Central or Breathitt as a matter of fact. Knox would be nice but I'd rather go to Knoxville, Kingsport, or a game in sevierville/gatlingburg would be nice!!!!
Hey Patriot...I agree about going to Gatlinburg...that would be a great road trip....but it just gets under my skin that local mountain schools WON'T play us....it is not like we are world beaters...PLUS get to play at one of the nicest stadium's in the entire state if not nation.
I agree Patriot.
When the guy said he didnt want to travel for 3 hours and would rather have Belfry and Breathitt, he had me shaking my head.
Those are very long bus rides.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree Patriot.
When the guy said he didnt want to travel for 3 hours and would rather have Belfry and Breathitt, he had me shaking my head.
Those are very long bus rides.

It's 1:40 from Harlan to Jackson. Still not a short bus ride, but on a round trip it would take off 2:40 from a 3 hour trip. I would say that's a considerable amount of time.
They are still looking for games.
I am kinda surprised that Harlan Co wasn't invited to do the Ray Correll Bowl or Don Marshall Bowl in Somerset.
^ It would be nice to have Harlan County in our area. Great bunch of fans!