Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What will Obama's next career be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After November 6 we will be electing a new president to the white house. I got to thinking, what will Obama do after he is voted out? He has four years of experience as the POTUS on his resume, but that can be a good thing and a bad thing. When people see that you suck at what you do, people are hesitant to hire you. It is important to put on a good impression when networking, and the Kardashian has not done that while in office. Will the worst president in the history of the United States have trouble landing a job outside of the ranks of academia? What career decision will he make after he is voted out?
WideRight05 Wrote:After November 6 we will be electing a new president to the white house. I got to thinking, what will Obama do after he is voted out? He has four years of experience as the POTUS on his resume, but that can be a good thing and a bad thing. When people see that you suck at what you do, people are hesitant to hire you. It is important to put on a good impression when networking, and the Kardashian has not done that while in office. Will the worst president in the history of the United States have trouble landing a job outside of the ranks of academia? What career decision will he make after he is voted out?
You all just keep adding quotes for my November 7th post. :Thumbs: This is a first one for you, I know you can do better though.
TheRealVille Wrote:You all just keep adding quotes for my November 7th post. :Thumbs: This is a first one for you, I know you can do better though.

You need to borrow a flash drive? :biggrin:
Obama is gaining ground in battleground states, that are must wins for Romney, but Faux News don't tell you that.
^ Of course they didn't because it's bullshit. TRV, what is the problem you have with "faux" news? You have CNN, ABC, NBC, all those good stations catering to Obama.
If you have ever seen him throw a baseball, you know he won't be playing for the Chicago White Sox. He looks a bit like a tap dancer to me.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Of course they didn't because it's bullshit. TRV, what is the problem you have with "faux" news? You have CNN, ABC, NBC, all those good stations catering to Obama.
You better read more. He is leading a lot of the battleground states now. Ohio is leaning way left in this one, as well as Virginia and Florida. Romney must win just about all battlegrounds, and it isn't happening.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/us/pol...ml?hp&_r=0

Oh, wait!! Fox did report on that "bullshit". LOL He has a 9-10 point lead in both crucial states.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...oll-shows/
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Of course they didn't because it's bullshit. TRV, what is the problem you have with "faux" news? You have CNN, ABC, NBC, all those good stations catering to Obama.

It's not about the truth, it's about propagandizing the folks. If you have one loose cannon out there not lying and kissing up to the liberals that is enough to cause trouble. So, FOX is hated. The last thing they want or need is the truth floating around out there.
TheRealThing Wrote:It's not about the truth, it's about propagandizing the folks. If you have one loose cannon out there not lying and kissing up to the liberals that is enough to cause trouble. So, FOX is hated. The last thing they want or need is the truth floating around out there.
Check the link, even Faux News has him leading OH, and FL. ::biggrin:

Quote:President Obama has widened his lead in two vital swing states where he and Mitt Romney are competing intensely for votes, according to results from a new poll out Wednesday.
The Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News poll showed Obama leading Romney in Ohio and Florida.
The survey showed Obama leading 53-43 percent in Ohio, and 53-44 percent in Florida.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...z28BxkqNGx
TheRealVille Wrote:Check the link, even Faux News has him leading OH, and FL. ::biggrin:

He does have a lead. I don't trust the same polls you like to quote. Rasmussen has Obama ahead by 1 point nationally and 5 points in the swing state average. This is essentially the same deal as in Wisconsin. Romney will win just like Walker did.
TheRealVille Wrote:Check the link, even Faux News has him leading OH, and FL. ::biggrin:

And again, I didn't say he didn't have a lead - but no way does he have a margin as big as 9-10 points, as neither does Romney.

Dude, seriously. How can you support this guy?? Republican or Democrat? Explain your reasons TRV...
WideRight05 Wrote:And again, I didn't say he didn't have a lead - but no way does he have a margin as big as 9-10 points, as neither does Romney.

Dude, seriously. How can you support this guy?? Republican or Democrat? Explain your reasons TRV...

I'd like to see that myself. Stick to the issues, leave out talking points and tell us about the good he has done.
WideRight05 Wrote:And again, I didn't say he didn't have a lead - but no way does he have a margin as big as 9-10 points, as neither does Romney.

I don't have to explain anything to you, but one reason is that your party tries at every turn, to kill my way of living. Plus, your party tries to kill American citizens equal rights.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't have to explain anything to you, but one reason is that your party tries at every turn, to kill my way of living. Plus, your party tries to kill American citizens equal rights.

Just how does the Republican Party seek to "kill" your way of life? What, pray tell, is your "way of life" that differs it from anyone else? And, just how is the Republican Party "killing" the equal rights of American citizens?

Don't just make your usual wild statements. Back them up.
Why shouldn't you explain something to me? After all, certainly you could come up with a good reason to support Obama, right? What about him is so great?

Liberals would love to turn the attention away from the economy and our citizens who were killed overseas in the senseless violence by focusing on "equal rights." What has Obama done to strengthen equality? Is it how his healthcare bill forces Churches to provide something against their beliefs? Apologizing to the muslim community for their acts of violence? The whole "African-Americans for Obama" organization? What if Romney started a "white Americans for Romney" group?

If equal rights is the only issue you have listed, that must be the only thing you have against Romney/Ryan.
WideRight05 Wrote:Why shouldn't you explain something to me? After all, certainly you could come up with a good reason to support Obama, right? What about him is so great?

Liberals would love to turn the attention away from the economy and our citizens who were killed overseas in the senseless violence by focusing on "equal rights." What has Obama done to strengthen equality? Is it how his healthcare bill forces Churches to provide something against their beliefs? Apologizing to the muslim community for their acts of violence? The whole "African-Americans for Obama" organization? What if Romney started a "white Americans for Romney" group?

If equal rights is the only issue you have listed, that must be the only thing you have against Romney/Ryan.

He's done several things on equal rights.
1)Repealed DADT
2)Instructed the DOJ to stop defending DOMA (not sure how I feel about this one.)
3)First president to come out in support of Gay Marriage
4)Signed the Lily Ledbedder act. (not sure I agree with that)

Let me be clear, this is pretty much the extent of "good" he has done.
ronald reagan Wrote:He's done several things on equal rights.
1)Repealed DADT
2)Instructed the DOJ to stop defending DOMA (not sure how I feel about this one.)

I guess "good" is in the eyes of the beholder. I find none of the four items you mentioned to be "good" for the future of the country.
ronald reagan Wrote:He's done several things on equal rights.
1)Repealed DADT

Equality to me and "equality" to liberals are two different things. None of those things actually benefit our country, and in fact they make it worse for equality.
WideRight05 Wrote:Equality to me and "equality" to liberals are two different things. None of those things actually benefit our country, and in fact they make it worse for equality.

Then... what is YOUR definition?

Seems pretty clear cut to me. Equal.

Equal pay for equal work.
equal status in as soldiers, regardless of orientation
equal status for gays and straights.
----------------------------------

Not sure how you can screw this one up, but I'm willing to be you do. Confusednicker:
^Suffering from sexual depravity is not a political party or faction. Like Ronnie said, "there you go again" legislating morality. Church and state can make a friendly confluence on matters like these every so often?
Repealing DADT was a good thing in my opinion...it was time.

Sadly, I think President Obama is going to win. We're too divided, and a lot of Americans too stupid, to look at the big picture. Unless Romney does something big, soon, I don't see us winning.
ronald reagan Wrote:Then... what is YOUR definition?

Not sure how you can screw this one up, but I'm willing to be you do. Confusednicker:

You claim to be a republican, yet you seem to be so defensive of Obama? You should have named yourself "Barack Obama" instead of taking a slap at the late, great, Ronald Reagan. Do you really think Obama is pushing "equality?" Liberals want to inject their venom down our throats, doing it in the name of tolerance. Do you think affirmative action represents equality? What about the constant racism crying by the liberals when somebody goes against Obama?

I could go on and on and on about it. The only thing I am screwing up on is figuring out where you come from.
Polls=Obamas best friend.

However, they are lies. Just like are commander in thief.
Even fox polls have Obama in the the lead people.
Once again, the polls will mean absoloutly nothing until after the debate tonight.

yeah go reagan reagan was more liberal than most people want to give him credit for you got it down wideright doesnt conservatives dont want equality for all they are racist and they want to put down minorities but reagan didnt reagan made sure that people of all races were equal good post and agys should get treated equal too

Do you want equal pay for doing the exact same work under the exact same work environment or do you want equal pay for "comparable" work? There is a great difference. We have laws that insure that those in the first category, male of female, are paid the same. Most of the argument over pay discrepencies comes from using what the government refers to as "comparable" jobs. That is not a valid comparison. It is a typical liberal red herring.

For example, teachers with the same credentials,working in the same school district, and with the same years of experience are paid the same. Greeters at the same Walmart with the same credientals and experience make the same. That is the law.

As for your two homosexual examples, my Catholic beliefs apparently differ from your Catholic beliefs. If all the homosexuals are treated the same, with no unnecessary fanfare, I have no objection. However, I don't want them receiving one iota of special consideration. They don't deserve it and I don't want their behavior, which I find abominable, rammed down my throat. I also don't want one cent of my tax dollars used to give them any special assistance or treatment. I also don't want to cater to them by allowing them to "marry" each other or to allow them to adopt innocent children. They are what they are and we owe them nothing.
Anyone who continues to rely on polls is a fool! I continue to bring everyone back to 1980! Jimmy Carter dominated the polls Sad When the election was over, it was the most lopsided victory this nation ever saw! This nation is tired of the media BS trying to sway the vote on their backs. And for all the pigeons that want to talk polls versus what the man in the seat next to you is saying, then your bird food is tainted with LSD!
WideRight05 Wrote:You claim to be a republican, yet you seem to be so defensive of Obama? You should have named yourself "Barack Obama" instead of taking a slap at the late, great, Ronald Reagan. Do you really think Obama is pushing "equality?" Liberals want to inject their venom down our throats, doing it in the name of tolerance. Do you think affirmative action represents equality? What about the constant racism crying by the liberals when somebody goes against Obama?

I could go on and on and on about it. The only thing I am screwing up on is figuring out where you come from.

I don't claim to be a republican, I am a republican. I disagree with about 90-95% of Obama's ideas and values. Being a military guy myself, I know that his decision on DADT was a good thing. All the guys I serve with supported it.

Otherwise, you don't see me defending Obama. I'm not rallying around obamacare, his tax plan, his regulations, his hatred of the rich, his assault on the Catholic church, his failed foreign policy, his deficit spending, his liberal justices, his cabinet members, etc.

Its a single issue that I happen to believe in. Do you support Mitt Romney on everything? or did you support Ronald Reagan on everything?

And the post about Reagan being more liberal than most would realize, you are dead on.

Reagan was a hardcore New Dealer. FDR was his political ideal. He was president of a union, and let it to a strike. He raised taxes every year from 82-87, on business, individuals, gas, and social security (including the largest increase ever at that point.). He supported and expanded the EITC. He was a huge deficit spender. Raising the debt from less than a trillion to almost 3 trillion. He supported the UN. Went back and forth on ERA. As governor of California he supported and signed the most liberal abortion law in the country. He grew the size of government by 61,000. (Clinton's term saw a drop in 300,000).

But through all of that. He's still my hero.

His steadfast leadership saw the fall of the USSR. And the rebuilding of a great Superpower --- economically and through military might. When he took office, we had been faced with stagflation. Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment hovering at or near double digits. Yet by the end of his first term, all three were under control. Obama has shown us his inability to do the same.

Romney can and will do better.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:yeah go reagan reagan was more liberal than most people want to give him credit for you got it down wideright doesnt conservatives dont want equality for all they are racist and they want to put down minorities but reagan didnt reagan made sure that people of all races were equal good post and agys should get treated equal too

No he wasn't junior. Reagan was very conservative. Reagan knew that government intervention into the market place was never good for business saying---"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." Proof of his genius lies in the remarkable turn-around from days of recession, rampant inflation and 14% interest rates, and, the long gas lines of the late 1970's, to a vibrant "happy days are here again" economy, all of which were thanks to his fearless leadership. As a matter of fact, his first act as president was to issue an executive order ending certain price controls on domestic oil, which had contributed to the 1973 Oil Crisis and the 1979 Energy Crisis. As a result, America didn't want for oil or cheap gasoline until the world food and oil crisis of 2008. Reagan left our land so financially well healed in fact, Clinton, riding in on Reagan's fiscal coat tails, was able to reap the benefits of a booming economy, laying claim to a federal surplus in the general fund. [Wiki]

For the so-called gay community, the problem has never been one of governmental predjudice. They have always been treated fairly. No, the problem is and has always been, the moral stigma of the homosexual life style. God says it's wrong and society takes their cues from God with respect to right and wrong. That was never acceptable to homosexuals and they therefore took the lead of the ACLU by taking their case to the courts, suing for the legitimacy that God and man had withheld from them. In other words, it was an end run. Since God has declared homosexuality a sin, the gay community sidestepped the Lord and got activist judges to circumvent God's moral law, declaring the practice of homosexual pursuits to be human rights, and well, we're all about human rights in this land, right?
What God has declared as wrong, man has now decreed by law to be right, that along with the hellish assault on the unborn we call pro-choice in this country.

We sort of just rename stuff these days. Practicing sexual perversion in the form of homosexuality, is now gay rights. And the murder of 4,110 babies a day is now called pro-choice. When one neatens it all up like that it just sounds so much better.
Pages: 1 2