Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kyle Bolin out for the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic star quarterback and Louisville commit Kyle Bolin is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL.

kentucky.com: Kyle Bolin out for the rest of the season

Bolin suffered the season ending injury in the first half against Boyle County. LexCath head coach Bill Letton said, "We ran a quarterback draw, and Kyle looked like he was kind of deciding which way to go at the end of the play, whether to slide or get down, and his cleats kinda stuck in the turf."

Bolin ends his high school career with 7,038 throwing yards and 63 touchdowns and was one of the early candidates in the running for Mr. Football. This injury is very similar to Travis Elliott's injury last year. Both ACL injuries occured when their cleats got stuck in the turf.
Hate that for Kyle. Wish him all the best in his College career.
This is a shame. I wish him a full recovery.
We've been talking about it in the Lex Cath/Boyle thread.

It is tough to see a great young man like that go down and not get to finish his Senior campaign.
Sad to hear his high school career will end like this.

Best of luck to you young man at the next level. Look forward to seeing you play on Saturdays.
WOW! I hate to hear that.

The road is wide open for a Russell County or Knox Central to run to state.
Hate to hear that. All the best to a good young man.
Keep your head up Kyle you have a bright future and we look forward to watching you play on Saturdays.
IMO, Lex Cath will be horrid after this.

I would like to add my statements on turf in the last thread now seem to be correct.
That's a shame. Best wishes to him!
Has he committed to a college?
Hate to hear this, best of luck on recovery!!!! :Thumbs:
^
Lville i think.
^ Gotcha. I wonder if he will lose that?
Stardust Wrote:^ Gotcha. I wonder if he will lose that?

Nope. UL has actually posted the updates since his injury on their site.

He will have a fine career for the Cardinals.
^ Awesome, I am really happy to hear that they will honor it. So often, you hear stories of promising young men who have this type of injury and then have to go someplace and get their brains beat in in order to re-prove themselves!
Tough break; best wishes to the young man. He is a talent.
Sorry to hear this exceptional player prayers for a speedy recovery from the bobcat nation
Sorry to hear about this injury. He is a very talented young man. I know he will still lead his team from the sidelines for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, it seems there are a lot of senior players getting season ending injuries this year. Hated to see Morgan Co. senior players career end before the season started. We wish both of these young men great success in the future.
I know Kyle and he will come back a better player from this. Exceptional young man on and off the field. I hate this happened to him in his senior year. Was a great pleasure watching him and his approach to the game the past three years. Dont know if I have seen better.Wish he were going to be in "BLUE"
So, is it fair to now say that LC does not get out of their Region?
This really sucks. What a hard working young man that has been all in for a long time. I wish him the best in a full recovery and look forward to seeing him play in Louisville with his competitive mindset. Great kid with great team, fan base and coaches to support his endeavors.
This is horrilbe...anytime a kid gets hurts is terrible but his senior season is even worse....good luck Kyle.
Stardust Wrote:So, is it fair to now say that LC does not get out of their Region?

No.

The backup was the top sophomore in the nation at the NUC combine in Oklahoma City this summer.
Stardust Wrote:So, is it fair to now say that LC does not get out of their Region?

I think it's very possible.
Boyle could beat them a second time around, and ive said since summer that Russell County will be the team to beat come playoff time.