Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phil Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When will Phil Jones commit to UK ? He is 6'10, 245lbs, He is out of Laurinburg Prep, Laurinburg, NC. He is ranked 16th in the center postion and looks very strong like another Randolph Morris ! This is what a scout said about him:

Native of New York. Transferred into Laurinburg where he immediately went on a conditioning program and trimmed himself into shape. Solid low block scorer and if you dump it to him, he'll finish. Rebounds his area.

He has a High Intrest in UK and a medium intrest in GW, Miami(FL), Texas Tech ! Here's a couple of pics of him.
Phil Jones really wants to be a Wildcat from what i understand. The main thing that is keeping him from committing is his test scores. He should be getting them real soon and if his scores are good enough, i feel he will commit here. but that is a big IF.
The need some good recruits.
Doesn't this tell UK fans something, and not meaning this in a mean way, but the kid is from NC and none of the NC schools are even interested in him. So where does that lead Kentucky? 16th best Center? What kind of stat is that? Sounds like yet another project recruit. But who knows, so much talent all over the U.S. anymore..Does anyone have his stats in high school?
I would take him over all our centers except Morris right now lol
we need some one with the attitude of maglore. agresive
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Doesn't this tell UK fans something, and not meaning this in a mean way, but the kid is from NC and none of the NC schools are even interested in him. So where does that lead Kentucky? 16th best Center? What kind of stat is that? Sounds like yet another project recruit. But who knows, so much talent all over the U.S. anymore..Does anyone have his stats in high school?

Yeah, but some would believe it says something that UCONN offered him a scholorship too along with many other big name schools....
they need to tell the 7 footers to go play for morehead
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Doesn't this tell UK fans something, and not meaning this in a mean way, but the kid is from NC and none of the NC schools are even interested in him. So where does that lead Kentucky? 16th best Center? What kind of stat is that? Sounds like yet another project recruit. But who knows, so much talent all over the U.S. anymore..Does anyone have his stats in high school?

Thats just a ranking. Big woop. He has the chance to develop quicker than any other center because he will get alot of playing time if Morris still has his fouling woes.
blackcat_student Wrote:When will Phil Jones commit to UK ? He is 6'10, 245lbs, He is out of Laurinburg Prep, Laurinburg, NC. He is ranked 16th in the center postion and looks very strong like another Randolph Morris ! This is what a scout said about him:

Native of New York. Transferred into Laurinburg where he immediately went on a conditioning program and trimmed himself into shape. Solid low block scorer and if you dump it to him, he'll finish. Rebounds his area.

He has a High Intrest in UK and a medium intrest in GW, Miami(FL), Texas Tech ! Here's a couple of pics of him.

He has a high interest in UCONN and a medium interest in Kentucky.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, but some would believe it says something that UCONN offered him a scholorship too along with many other big name schools....
Thank You Alfus, I don't know much about him..You just really never know anymore with players. They come from anywhere anymore, and a good example is Adam Morrison.
golfman42 Wrote:He has a high interest in UCONN and a medium interest in Kentucky.

If you're referring to scout.com then that's not right...He already turned UCONN down to my knowledge and UK is the main focus on his list right now...
I dont know that his test scores were good enough....