Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is playing Thursday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard some games were moved to Thursday.. which ones were moved?
Southern - at Butler - 7:30 PM
Ballard - at Eastern - 7:30 PM
Corbin - at McCreary Central - 7:30 PM
Fairview - at Paintsville - 7:30 PM
Pleasure Ridge Park - at Seneca - 7:30 PM
DeSales - at Shawnee - 7:30 PM
Monroe County - at South Warren - 7:00 PM
Moore - at Valley - 7:30 PM
Fleming County - at West Carter - 7:30 PM
Add Prestonsburg @ Shelby Valley 7:30
Greenup County @ Johnson Central 7:30 moved to Thursday
Morgan County at Knott County Central... kickoff is at 7pm.. I think
Why the move to thursday?
^ I was fixing to ask the same thing. Why move?
http://www.khsaa.org

^
Solves any questions like these Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Why the move to thursday?

The move was made due to the Apple Festival in Paintsville this week. JC is out of school Friday for it and honestly it'd be tough to keep teenage kids running around town eating mounds of greasy food...then try to play a game. As with previous years, and I assume this one no different, JC Football runs a booth as a fund raiser for their booster club. Players and parents work it in shifts. Makes sense for the move I think.
Magoffin plays at Jackson county.
Many districts have Friday off this week. I know in Jefferson County it is because of all things the St James Art Festival. For years too many teachers took the day off and they could not get enough substitutes (same thing with KY Oaks Day), so several years ago they just scheduled the day off into the school calendar for JCPS.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Why the move to thursday?

There is a Kentucky Education Association meeting on Friday that many teachers attend and a lot of schools are closed. so many of them just moved their games to Thursday.
Alot of school systems are on fall break next week. In our county the absentee rate is like 50% on a friday before a fall or spring break. So our school system uses this day as a teachers professional development day with no kids.