Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hardin/Highlands 2 year deal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just heard that JH and HHS inked a 2 year deal. HHS travels to JH in 2013 and JH comes to HHS in 2014. I for one am glad to hear this, no more of JH would have killed Highlands if they would have played, now it will be decided on the field. I also love to play new teams we have not seen before or for a long time.
This is very good news. Is there any room on the schedule and/or desire (by both teams) for Highlands to ink a similar deal with Bowling Green? Thanks for the info.
You are the biggest idiot on this board. I have been coming to this site and others for years. Please re-post a comment where a John Hardin Fan said they would beat Highlands. You really like to stir the pot. Get a life.

Next year might be a decent game, but Highlands should win. John looks to have some rebuilding years in store for them coming up. 2014 John wont even be close to Highlands league. According to our local paper this is Coach Mark Browns last year and a new coach will be coming into the program for next season.
Slobberknocker Wrote:You are the biggest idiot on this board. I have been coming to this site and others for years. Please re-post a comment where a John Hardin Fan said they would beat Highlands. You really like to stir the pot. Get a life.

Next year might be a decent game, but Highlands should win. John looks to have some rebuilding years in store for them coming up. 2014 John wont even be close to Highlands league. According to our local paper this is Coach Mark Browns last year and a new coach will be coming into the program for next season.

It has not been JH fans per say, but other teams fans (mainly from the west) who have been saying JH would beat Highlands. I am looking forward to the games and hope they give us better games than teams like Western,and Central were suppose to. Not trying to stir the pot at all; in 2010 and 2011 HHS would have destroyed JH, but in 2013/14 I expect good games. You seem a little touchy, I did not post anything except I was excited about the game and glad it could be played on the field and not on the computer. Sounds like you need to get a life, if you get so upset over nothing.
kybred Wrote:This is very good news. Is there any room on the schedule and/or desire (by both teams) for Highlands to ink a similar deal with Bowling Green? Thanks for the info.

I really do not think that will happen, they already are traveling to JH and Pad Tilghman, I do not think they will schedule another game in far West part of the state. It would be great if like someone else mentioned if they could play a bowl game in Lex/Louisville area. I know the HHS fans would love to play BG.
I did not realize that they had also scheduled Tilghman as well. This is good news and should quiet some complaints about Highlands' schedule.
I am seeing other threads mentioning that Campbell County and NCC will also be on Highlands' 2013 schedule. Is there a list of the 2013 Highlands schedule some place? Not seeing it on my usual source, the Birds' Words site.
Slobberknocker Wrote:You are the biggest idiot on this board. I have been coming to this site and others for years. Please re-post a comment where a John Hardin Fan said they would beat Highlands. You really like to stir the pot. Get a life.

And you know what you're talking about. Confusednicker: JH, like their fellow 5A team BG, all of a sudden thinks they can beat highlands now that they're not in the same class as us. I say the score of this game is 56-10 highlands with a running clock.
Nobody has mentioned Bowling Green in this thread. Why do you keep bringing them up. You wouldn't want to play the Purples next year anyway. It would be like your Trinity scrimmage Smile
Frozenbird Wrote:I am seeing other threads mentioning that Campbell County and NCC will also be on Highlands' 2013 schedule. Is there a list of the 2013 Highlands schedule some place? Not seeing it on my usual source, the Birds' Words site.

Here is the schedule as I was told, I guess with Pendleton going independent that our district goes to 4 teams(HHS,CCH,Holmes,Harrison);

Boyle away
Campbell Home
Bryan Station Home
John Hardin away Sat
Paducah Tighlman away Sat
Cov Cath away
Harrison home
Bye
Holmes home
Elder away
Ryle home

I think HHS fans are going to really like this schedule better than the last couple of years, although there is two straight weeks of long travel.
sstack Wrote:Here is the schedule as I was told, I guess with Pendleton going independent that our district goes to 4 teams(HHS,CCH,Holmes,Harrison);

Boyle away
Campbell Home
Bryan Station Home
John Hardin away Sat
Paducah Tighlman away Sat
Cov Cath away
Harrison home
Bye
Holmes home
Elder away
Ryle home

I think HHS fans are going to really like this schedule better than the last couple of years, although there is two straight weeks of long travel.

Glad to see the Boyle game. I didn't know if it was a 2 year deal or 4 year deal. :Thumbs:
adopted purple Wrote:Nobody has mentioned Bowling Green in this thread. Why do you keep bringing them up. You wouldn't want to play the Purples next year anyway. It would be like your Trinity scrimmage Smile

BG wins state one year, and now they can beat Highlands. Prior to last year, they usually either got blown out by an NKY team in the state finals or got beat by a team that Highlands demolished in the state finals. Yet,now they're supposed to be the real deal. They don't have the team to beat Highlands, nor do they have the coaching to give them the proper preparation for that game.

I wish we did play next year so that we could bet on that game. Your new name would be "Wide Adopted Bird" after getting the beatdown from Highlands.
WideRight05 Wrote:BG wins state one year, and now they can beat Highlands. Prior to last year, they usually either got blown out by an NKY team in the state finals or got beat by a team that Highlands demolished in the state finals. Yet,now they're supposed to be the real deal. They don't have the team to beat Highlands, nor do they have the coaching to give them the proper preparation for that game.

I wish we did play next year so that we could bet on that game. Your new name would be "Wide Adopted Bird" after getting the beatdown from Highlands.

The last time we won state, before last year, it was against Highlands.