Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County @ Morgan County 10/12/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts and predictions
Starting this one a little early huh? But in any event, Bobcats easy.
Great story for Morgan, their team is coming along nicely, and is giving
a devastated community a positive to look forward to. But they're not ready
to step up against Breathitt.
Morgan will give them a game but Breathitt wins by 2 tds
Guess we'll see how far the Cougars have come. I am pulling for Morgan,( I love the underdog story), but Breathitt looks really good as usual. I have stakes on both sides. Ex-player & assistant coach on 1 side and former assistant coach on the other side. Just hoping for a real competative game.
This game will be more competitive than previous years. With that being said Breathitt will still cruise to a victory. Breathitt wins 42-14.
Breathitt 34 Morgan 20.
40-12 Cats!
Breathitt by 30+
I'm pulling for the Cougars
Breathitt with a running clock.
I know that MC is better than they have been, but the Bobcats defense is as good as they have been and MC will have trouble getting double digits on the starting d. The strength of the Bobcats is the d, not the offense as many think.
WideRight05 Wrote:Breathitt with a running clock.

Normally I would agree but Holcombe seems to have a soft spot for overmatched teams now and hasn't been running the score up too much. Gets into the 30's and starts playing the bench a lot and coasts home.
Common Opponents
Estill County
Jackson County

Breathitt County 2-0
at Estill County 49-12 (W)
at Jackson County 36-14 (W)

Morgan County 2-0
Estill County 44-8 (W)
Jackson County 44-0 (W)

PPG

Breathitt County: 40.3

Morgan County: 42.3
Ill take Breathitt.
I am definitely pulling for the Cougars in this one. I think this will be a good game! I know everyone is going to say that Morgan Co has had a soft schedule but, it's not any of their games have actually been close either! I think the fact that this is a home game for Morgan helps them because I can guarantee there is going to be a HUGE crowd of Cougar fans there! Now, I am not ready to say that Morgan Co will win this game but, I think they will play well enough to give theirselves a chance.

Breathitt Co. - 28

Morgan Co. - 21
Breathitt by 30+ if they want. Morgan has come along was but not quite good enough yet. They'll be lucky to score 2 TD against Breathitt's defence if the starters stay in the entire game.

Breathitt scored 27 in the 1st quarter to Morgan only 8. After that most of JV in and clock running.

9/07/2012
Breathitt Co. 36 Jackson Co. 14
Breathitt Co. 27 9 0 0 36
Jackson Co. 0 0 6 8 14

9/28/2012
Morgan Co. 44 Jackson Co. 0
Jackson Co. 0 0 0 0 0
Morgan Co. 8 22 14 0 44
Folks, I am not going to call for the upset. The game will be decided on the field.....but am I the only one that gets the wierd feeling that something big is going to happen here?

This season is something that could be made into a movie if they keep this going....
I can't believe there is even a debate on this game.Has anyone that even thinks Morgan can win seen them play this year?I have.Breathitt can name their score here.I'm being completely honest when I say the 2nd string could play the whole game and still win.
:lmao:.
Strikeout King Wrote:Common Opponents
Estill County
Jackson County

Breathitt County 2-0
at Estill County 49-12 (W)
at Jackson County 36-14 (W)

Morgan County 2-0
Estill County 44-8 (W)
Jackson County 44-0 (W)

PPG

Breathitt County: 40.3

Morgan County: 42.3

There is no way you can compare these two teams by the score of two common opponents they have both played. Breathitt would have hung one hundred points on both teams if they played all four quarters. Holcomb elected not to run the score up on both teams. Breathitt's starters played two quarters against Estill County and one quarter against Jackson with a running clock starting in the second quarter. As I have said before this game will be more competitive than last years game but Breathitt will still win by 30 plus points.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I know that MC is better than they have been, but the Bobcats defense is as good as they have been and MC will have trouble getting double digits on the starting d. The strength of the Bobcats is the d, not the offense as many think.

I agree our defense is awesome but so is our Offense. I hate when people say that defense is what wins games that's so stupid because if you don't score you don't win!!! No matter what you have to score to win!!!!:ChairHit:
BC by 6
For whatever reason, Holcomb has allowed the games to be a lot closer than expected. Same thing this game: Breathitt by 14
Only way I see this getting real ugly is if Morgan starts the pre-game trash talk like last year. So many Morgan fans and players thought they could win that game and we see how it turned out. Being put in their place last year may keep em quiet this year but who knows.
Altro Cat Wrote:Only way I see this getting real ugly is if Morgan starts the pre-game trash talk like last year. So many Morgan fans and players thought they could win that game and we see how it turned out. Being put in their place last year may keep em quiet this year but who knows.

:dontthink I am not sure which Morgan fans and players you are referring to from last year matchup; but I wouldn't point fingers at just Morgan... Breathitt Co. did their share of the trash talking and the fans were so rude from Breathitt that they should be ashamed!! This is high school football...I think the fans/parents get a little too involved with their mouths and actions sometimes and unfortunately it carries over onto the field with some of the players.. I have seen nothing unsportsmanlike from Morgans team... these are a bunch of boys who are just thankful for getting to play football this year. They have 3-4 starters sidelined and are still undefeated!! I think people need to realize these boys have pulled together and are definitely playing with heart. I will give credit where it is due with Breathitt.. they have a very talented team with talented players, but so does Morgan!!
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I can't believe there is even a debate on this game.Has anyone that even thinks Morgan can win seen them play this year?I have.Breathitt can name their score here.I'm being completely honest when I say the 2nd string could play the whole game and still win.

I'm not sure when and where you saw Morgan play(if you really did!) But, I have seen Morgan play and I thought it was pretty impressive. #9 Thornsberry is little ,but very fast and hard to catch when he gets loose. And if the 2nd string is that great, then the coach needs to save his 1st string for another game.
blue rainbow Wrote::dontthink I am not sure which Morgan fans and players you are referring to from last year matchup; but I wouldn't point fingers at just Morgan... Breathitt Co. did their share of the trash talking and the fans were so rude from Breathitt that they should be ashamed!! This is high school football...I think the fans/parents get a little too involved with their mouths and actions sometimes and unfortunately it carries over onto the field with some of the players.. I have seen nothing unsportsmanlike from Morgans team... these are a bunch of boys who are just thankful for getting to play football this year. They have 3-4 starters sidelined and are still undefeated!! I think people need to realize these boys have pulled together and are definitely playing with heart. I will give credit where it is due with Breathitt.. they have a very talented team with talented players, but so does Morgan!!

I am not referring to what was said during the game. I was not there so I don't know. The trash talk I was referring to was players, fans, and students going onto internet sites like Facebook and posting trash talk during the days leading up to the game.
Factsonly Wrote:I agree our defense is awesome but so is our Offense. I hate when people say that defense is what wins games that's so stupid because if you don't score you don't win!!! No matter what you have to score to win!!!!:ChairHit:

You do have to score points, I was just saying that the Bobcat defense is ahead of the offense @ this time and is the strength of the team IMO.
blue rainbow Wrote:I'm not sure when and where you saw Morgan play(if you really did!) But, I have seen Morgan play and I thought it was pretty impressive. #9 Thornsberry is little ,but very fast and hard to catch when he gets loose. And if the 2nd string is that great, then the coach needs to save his 1st string for another game.

I really don't know a lot about Morgan County this year but what I do know is they haven't played anyone close to being an average football team. Middlesboro is the best team Morgan has played this year and this may be one of the worst teams the Yellow Jackets have ever fielded. My point is any average football team could look impressive with the schedule the cougars have played. The Cougars will get a chance to show everyone how impressive they are when the bobcats roll into town. Good luck Bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I really don't know a lot about Morgan County this year but what I do know is they haven't played anyone close to being an average football team. Middlesboro is the best team Morgan has played this year and this may be one of the worst teams the Yellow Jackets have ever fielded. My point is any average football team could look impressive with the schedule the cougars have played. The Cougars will get a chance to show everyone how impressive they are when the bobcats roll into town. Good luck Bobcats.

Morgan has played whomever was on their schedule.. 1 game at a time and in my opinion they look very impressive especially with the 3-4 starters sidelined for the season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4