Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchannan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who do they return next season??
JBS returns all but one starter senior forward Kevin Huff. Who wasnt all that important to there success. They return Clark Stepp, Tate Cox, Garrison Collins and Also Clinton Stepp will be in high school next year and, Trey Short, and johnathon Harris. I think that Trey Short and Clint Stepp will come in and give the crusaders some big minutes this year. I look for them to dominate the 14th in 06/07.
JBS will be as good if not better than they were this season IMO. They were a few shots from going to the finals of the 14th region this year and next year they will be better. The only thing that will make it harder next year is that they have expectations, and that pressure can make things harder on a team.
these kids that u say are great such as tate cox and clark stepp are older than you think. Tate Cox will be a seventeen year old freshman and Clark will should be a grade higher. Yea real great.
If that is true about Cox, what is he going to do about the 19 year old rule? If you turn 19 before you start your senior year you can't play...Not sure on the exact date but I think they are evening thinking about moving the month back into July.
golfman42 Wrote:these kids that u say are great such as tate cox and clark stepp are older than you think. Tate Cox will be a seventeen year old freshman and Clark will should be a grade higher. Yea real great.

It doesnt matter how old they are golfman....if they can ball then they can ball....and there is NO WAY Tate Cox is 16 in 8th grade.....he would be driving to middle school...think about that.....NO WAY.
Tate is just 15 right now. There is nothing wrong with being held back if it gives you an edge. I think that more kids should do it. Because look what it has done for the success of JBS they have went from being a pushover 14th region team to the team to beat. And i think that there is no two guards in the 14th that i would rather have on my team than Tate Cox or Clark Stepp!!!!
golfman42 Wrote:these kids that u say are great such as tate cox and clark stepp are older than you think. Tate Cox will be a seventeen year old freshman and Clark will should be a grade higher. Yea real great.
Tate Cox is 15 and will be eligible to play all 4 years of high school ball. He played high school ball this year against 19 year olds, and did very well. Yea real great. Stepp has been playing high school ball sense the 7th grade. I think if they are playing UP against kids 3 and 4 years older than them, it makes them pretty darn good. Time will tell Mr. Golfman42, I mean Tiger.
If Cox and Stepp weren't good, would any one even mention them?:dontthink There are lots of hold backs besides them.
Virgie and Dorton both have a bunch that are older and are going to lite up SV next season. I think Dorton has an outstanding guard that played for SV last year as an 8th grader.
Cox and Stepp are great players, I don't care how old they are!! To clear things up, Cox was born Aug. 2, if I am not mistaken, so he is eligble to play, just like all the older holdbacks in this state are!
3 points Wrote:Virgie and Dorton both have a bunch that are older and are going to lite up SV next season. I think Dorton has an outstanding guard that played for SV last year as an 8th grader.

Not so fast my friend!! The Shelby Valley parents will not let them stay together. The parents up there will always screw things up no matter how good they "should" be!!
free throw Wrote:Tate Cox is 15 and will be eligible to play all 4 years of high school ball. He played high school ball this year against 19 year olds, and did very well. Yea real great. Stepp has been playing high school ball sense the 7th grade. I think if they are playing UP against kids 3 and 4 years older than them, it makes them pretty darn good. Time will tell Mr. Golfman42, I mean Tiger.

From some people at alice lloyd, i have been told that Mr. (fifteen year old) Cox has been drving to school. Now in Kentucky you have to be 16 years old to drive.
Cox is a year older that the normal 8th grader. Most people turn 14 in the 8th grade. Cox is just 15. And about the driving thing, I highly doubt he has been driving to school!!!
Cox and Stepp can play, JBS will be a force the next few seasons.
The kid is 16
He has only been held back once and that was in the 7th grade. Unless Tate started school when he was 6 getting ready to turn 7 and being held back in grade 7 is the only way is 16.
Well if he is 16 then he wont be able to play his senior year so i guess we will just have to wait and see.
I bet that he is playing though!!!!
golfman42 Wrote:From some people at alice lloyd, i have been told that Mr. (fifteen year old) Cox has been drving to school. Now in Kentucky you have to be 16 years old to drive.
:lmao: :dontthink He would like to drive , but he just isn't old enough. It will be another year before he will be driving legally. Where do you go to school ? I have a good idea. I heard that you drove to school when you were in the 6th grade. Bad grades? or just missed a lot playing golf? He will be playing ball when he is a senior ALL year long, what will you be doing. Digging holes with your putter?
mojo40 Wrote:Well if he is 16 then he wont be able to play his senior year so i guess we will just have to wait and see.
I bet that he is playing though!!!!

Tate will be able to play all 4 years of high school.
When they get ther 6'9 center back they should be tough.
Thats what i was saying. I know that he will get to play all four years.
bball fan Wrote:Not so fast my friend!! The Shelby Valley parents will not let them stay together. The parents up there will always screw things up no matter how good they "should" be!!
They have a pretty good AAU team, What if they all stayed together? They would all be freshman and sophmores. Do you think Booher would let them play? One of them already goes to SV .
3 points Wrote:They have a pretty good AAU team, What if they all stayed together? They would all be freshman and sophmores. Do you think Booher would let them play? One of them already goes to SV .

What does any of this have to do with June Buchanan??
yeah really
Two JBS players play on the AAU team.
All these kids play summer ball together JB and SV kids travel together all summer. Dont be suprised to c some of these kids moving around the next few years together. Also with the possibility of a coaching change at one of the mentioned schools!!
rainout Wrote:All these kids play summer ball together JB and SV kids travel together all summer. Dont be suprised to c some of these kids moving around the next few years together. Also with the possibility of a coaching change at one of the mentioned schools!!

i don't think that kids will change schools it might happen but i doubt it

and one more thing tate cox is 15 although if he didn't stay back he would be a soph. but he stayed back once really early like 3rd or 4th grade then he stayed back again in the 7th grade and back on topic i think jbs will be the number 1 team in the 14th region
rainout Wrote:All these kids play summer ball together JB and SV kids travel together all summer. Dont be suprised to c some of these kids moving around the next few years together. Also with the possibility of a coaching change at one of the mentioned schools!!
They couldn't all play together in a situation where a scorebook was kept if you get my drift??
Nope, I don't get your drift. Tell me.
Pages: 1 2 3