Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- EKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Bell County- Bobcats assume #1 ranking via Ashland's SOS taking a small hit, while Bell's receives a small bump thanks to solid wins by Wayne County and Whitley County.

2. Ashland- Tomcats lone loss against Ironton haunts them a little more with the Fighting Tigers dropping one to rival Johnson Central.

3. Knox Central- Panthers go business as usual crushing Clay County.

4. Belfry- Pirates have a golden opportunity to make a move when they travel to Ashland this week. Either the Pirates will prove themselves worthy, or prove themselves deficient in their first test since Henry C llay.

5. Breathitt County- Bobcats make their debut on the backs of a less than impressive showing by the previous #5 Harlan County team.

Trending Upward:
Johnson Central- Golden Eagles are barely missing the cut off after a superb victory at home over Ironton, OH. The early season woes and loss to Knox Central is still fresh on the memory, but Eagles most deifnitely are finding their footing.

Fairview- Though their schedule leaves a lot to be desired, even by 1A standards, the Eagles are 6-0 and doing it impressive manner.

Trending Downward:
Prestonsburg- Blackcats get taken to the woodshed by Hazard, and coupled with their blowout a few weeks back to Belfry, have essentially been eliminated from contention in the Power Rankings for the remainder of the season.

Harlan County- Though still easily listed on the short list as one of the better teams in EKY, HCHS is seeing a pretty significant shuffle down the pecking order in recent weeks. After losing to Knox Central HCHS had a game much closer than hoped for against a winless GRC team. In addition, the early season escape against Tates Creek has lost it's luster with the Commodores struggles and Morristown West has underachieved a bit as well.

Game of the Week:
Belfry at Ashland- A clash of two Top 5 teams and two of the elite traditional powerhouses take place at a historic venue. Who can ask for more?
Man I've been saying for a while JC belongs. If beating Ironton didnt do it idk what will. Guess they gotta beat Ashland an belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Bell County- Bobcats assume #1 ranking via Ashland's SOS taking a small hit, while Bell's receives a small bump thanks to solid wins by Wayne County and Whitley County.

2. Ashland- Tomcats lone loss against Ironton haunts them a little more with the Fighting Tigers dropping one to rival Johnson Central.

3. Knox Central- Panthers go business as usual crushing Clay County.

4. Belfry- Pirates have a golden opportunity to make a move when they travel to Ashland this week. Either the Pirates will prove themselves worthy, or prove themselves deficient in their first test since Henry C llay.

5. Breathitt County- Bobcats make their debut on the backs of a less than impressive showing by the previous #5 Harlan County team.

Trending Upward:
Johnson Central- Golden Eagles are barely missing the cut off after a superb victory at home over Ironton, OH. The early season woes and loss to Knox Central is still fresh on the memory, but Eagles most deifnitely are finding their footing.
Fairview- Though their schedule leaves a lot to be desired, even by 1A standards, the Eagles are 6-0 and doing it impressive manner.

Trending Downward:
Prestonsburg- Blackcats get taken to the woodshed by Hazard, and coupled with their blowout a few weeks back to Belfry, have essentially been eliminated from contention in the Power Rankings for the remainder of the season.

Harlan County- Though still easily listed on the short list as one of the better teams in EKY, HCHS is seeing a pretty significant shuffle down the pecking order in recent weeks. After losing to Knox Central HCHS had a game much closer than hoped for against a winless GRC team. In addition, the early season escape against Tates Creek has lost it's luster with the Commodores struggles and Morristown West has underachieved a bit as well.

Game of the Week:
Belfry at Ashland- A clash of two Top 5 teams and two of the elite traditional powerhouses take place at a historic venue. Who can ask for more?

What early season woes? Getting beat by Knox? Yeah, that's really a devastating loss. You've got then ranked what 3rd....lol...A guru like yourself should know that JC is always like Belfry, they get better as the season goes on. How many games have you seen played in Kentucky this year anyways? Any at all?....lol
Bob Seger Wrote:What early season woes? Getting beat by Knox? Yeah, that's really a devastating loss. You've got then ranked what 3rd....lol...A guru like yourself should know that JC is always like Belfry, they get better as the season goes on. How many games have you seen played in Kentucky this year anyways? Any at all?....lol

Let's not forget escaping with a win over a Perry Central team who is less than impressive.

Ironton is a superb victory and I have JC hanging out right outside the list, but the fact remains that is the only game of substance that JC has won at this point. Boyd and Hayesville are not impressive teams, and though Logan may be considered a Top 15 team in WV 3A, they would be considered a lower tier 3A team in Kentucky.

I flip flopped on who deserved to be #5 and went with the undefeated team with wins over Somerset and Hazard. There is no "Grand Fathering" in these rankings where as long as you win you are guaranteed to retain your spot and with the way JC appears to be playing I can see them making the jump rather quickly. If Ashland defeats Belfry for example there is little to no possibility the Pirates would deserve to stay in front of the Eagles. Conversely, if Belfry defeats Ashland on their home field there is no way you can say Ashland deserves to be ahead of JCHS.
EKUAlum05
EKUAlum05 when I read you posts I notice what I consider to be contradictory statements. If you do not mind can you clear this up for me? Either winning is about style points, or just win? But you cannot have it both ways.
“I flip flopped on who deserved to be #5 and went with the undefeated team with wins over Somerset and Hazard. There is no "Grand Fathering" in these rankings where as long as you win you are guaranteed to retain your spot and with the way JC appears to be playing I can see them making the jump rather quickly.
“Let's not forget escaping with a win over a Perry Central team who is less than impressive.”
Ranking:
No sure what you have been using to complete you ranking. I took a look at each team and compared their opponent’s winning %. I feel like this would give me a good point of reference.
Team Wins Losses Team Winning %
Bell 25 14 64%
Ashland 22 16 58%
Knox 19 25 43%
Belfry 12 27 30%
Breathitt County 13 30 30%
Johnson Central 25 13 66%
Fairview 9 30 23%
Harlan County 19 25 43%
After reviewing the opponents winning % how is JC not rank or a better questing is how is Belfry ranked? The same can be said for Breathitt County and Fairview in not for the fact they are undefeated.
My Ranking would be
1: Bell County
2: Knox County
3: Johnson Central
4: Ashland
5: Harlan County