Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co @ Bell Co 10/5/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For whom the BELL tollls? Bell of course! Clay is soft, that's why uk recruited the big boy. Thay were out of jelly doughnuts! Lol
Bell will continue to roll....they will roll with easy wins until the Harlan Co. game and I just hope that we can give you all a good game....but the more important game will be the next one after we play.
Bell 46-6
Daddycat27 Wrote:For whom the BELL tollls? Bell of course! Clay is soft, that's why uk recruited the big boy. Thay were out of jelly doughnuts! Lol

I hope you are just a snotty nosed 11 year old. If you're 16 or older, you aint much.
bell co.:46
clay co.: 21
I agree with the letting the whole ref thing go it's not 1980 any more ....refs are assigned by the KHSAA and they make sure refs are held to a certain level of integrity and honesty. It's not a easy Job, if you don't believe me go get your license and ref some and you'll find out it's not easy. Quit trolling people and just talk football ...Bell wins this one but Clay Co is well on it's way to be more than competitive after having new coaches for the last few years ...Looking forward to the battle in the trenches tonight.......... LOVE MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL
If Clay can limit the turnovers from the past couple of games, this game will be closer than a lot of you are predicting. Sam Carr is capable of going the distance at any time ( He rushed for 240 yards against the mightly Whitley County defense). I think Bell will win but not by 6 or 7 touchdowns. I am looking forward to getting a chance to compare Bell with Knox Cent.
I see Clay Countys D-Line just picking on Bell County's O-Line.
Don't over look big #57 that young man will put a hurting on ya! Go Tigers!
Moutian Dew Mouth 69 Wrote:I see Clay Countys D-Line just picking on Bell County's O-Line.

Really? What planet have you been on for the last 20 years? Year in Year out Bell has 1 of the best if not best O-lines in the mountains and state. 2012 is no exception. They will show it tonight.
UKSDG Wrote:If Clay can limit the turnovers from the past couple of games, this game will be closer than a lot of you are predicting. Sam Carr is capable of going the distance at any time ( He rushed for 240 yards against the mightly Whitley County defense). I think Bell will win but not by 6 or 7 touchdowns. I am looking forward to getting a chance to compare Bell with Knox Cent.

Yeah i agree with that. we will not win by 6 or 7 scores because of the offense we run right now. we are going to protect our young qb. we are going to run the ball and then run it more! we will not blow out teams like we did in the past we will win by 2 or 3 scores though..
Here is a preview on the game taken from the middlesboro daily news paper...

Bobcats welcome clay for homecoming

LOG MOUNTAIN — Bell County’s recipe for success has been simple this season. Start with stout defense, mix in a heavy dose of senior running backs Jonathan Polly and Ryan Collett and top it all off with team that believes in what they’re doing.

So far it’s led to a 5-1 record and a number three ranking in the latest Class 3A Kentucky AP poll. Coach Wayne Mills says you can expect more of the same from the Bobcats as the season heads down the stretch.

“Our kids believe in each other, they play good defense, we’re sound in our kicking game and our offense is going to ground and pound,” he said. “We’re just going to run behind those big offensive linemen with Polly and Ryan and we’ll mix it up when we need to. Just move the chains and I feel like our kids are doing a better job of that.”

Polly has run for over 700 yards and six touchdowns while Collett has around 600 rushing yards to go along with 11 scores. That’s been more than enough offense for a team that’s giving up just 10 points per game over the last four.

“We kind of win ugly at times. We’ve got a young quarterback and we want to protect him and give him chances to be successful,” said Mills. “When our defense is playing like they’re playing then we’re going to keep ourselves in game. This may not be a year when we blow people out by 30-40 points. We may only win by a couple scores, but it’s just the way we’ve chosen to do things.”

The offense erupted last week, Polly scored three touchdowns in the final four minutes of the first half and the Bobcats went on to a 54-13 rout at Casey County.

Tonight, Bell’s challenge may be a little stiffer as they host an improved Clay County team for homecoming. The Tigers won just one game last year, but are 3-3 at this point under first year coach Evan Napier.

“They’re a 3-3 ball club, they killed Perry Central over in the Appalachian Bowl. The Knox game last week was just a 7-0 game with about a minute to go in the half,” Mills said. “They’re going to run behind those big offensive linemen. They’ve got that UK signee in Jacob Hyde and a couple of nice backs.”

Sounds a little like Mills speaking of his own team, but the Tigers do things a bit differently. They have a workhorse back in Sam Carr, who has run for 759 yards and nine touchdowns on 83 carries. Joey Dezarn (355 yards) and Travis Smith (123) provide compliments in the running game.

Meanwhile, quarterback Ryan Holland is 37-of-51 passing for 574 yards with four touchdowns and four interceptions. Holland has also run for five TDs.

Again, much like his own team, Mills says the Tigers’ real strength is on defense.

“They’re playing really good defense, I feel like it’s the strong suit of their team. I tell our kids that anybody can play defense and their coach has got those kids believing they can play. If they go give a good effort they can keep themselves in ball games,” he added. “We’re looking for a good contest. It’s homecoming and we’re challenging our kids to play well this week. We’re getting ready to hit our stride in the last few weeks and I feel like it’s time to start showing improvement.”

With all the other area schools playing away from home today, Mills says everyone should feel welcome to pay a visit to Log Mountain to watch his Bobcats play.

“Everybody come out tonight. We’re the only game in town so come out and be with us,” he said.

Tonight’s game kicks off at 7:30 p.m.

Read more: The Middlesboro Daily News - Bobcats welcome Clay for homecoming
http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...omecoming?
Pages: 1 2