Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 10 Fla. counties report suspicious GOP voter sign-ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who would have thought the Florida GOP would try to steal an election?

Quote:6:58PM EST September 29. 2012 - At least 10 Florida counties have identified possibly fraudulent voter registration forms turned in by a firm working for the state's Republican Party, election officials said today.

Problems first emerged earlier this week in Palm Beach County with forms turned in by Strategic Allied Consulting, which the Republican National Committee (RNC) paid $3.1 million to register voters in Florida and six other swing states. Palm Beach prosecutors are examining 106 voter registration forms submitted by one Strategic Allied Consulting worker, some with apparently forged signatures.

Read what Strategic Allied says about the allegations and its "quality control."

Thursday, the RNC severed its ties to the Virginia firm and filed a voter-fraud complaint.

Florida GOP spokesman Brian Burgess told the Associated Press today, "We are doing what we can to find out how broad the scope is."

The Los Angeles Times reports that Florida election officials have identified suspicious voter registrations turned in by the state GOP in nine other counties -- Lee, Bay, Clay, Santa Rosa, Escambia, Okaloosa, Pasco, Miami-Dade and Duval.

Santa Rosa County elections officials found 100 problematic forms out of about 400 turned in by the state Republican Party. Most did not include Social Security numbers. Others had date of births that did not match the names. Some listed fake house numbers.

"It was that flagrant," elections supervisor Ann W. Bodenstein told the paper. "In no way did they look genuine."

"Anyone with any sense would have known there was something wrong," she said. "Most were changes in current registrations filed in the names of real voters, but signatures were spelled differently than the applicants' names."

Vicki Davis, president of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections, told the Times the the number of suspicious applications was unusual.

"There might be an occasional one, but I don't think we've ever had this number of counties that have had this number of cases all at the same time," she said.

Strategic Allied Consulting was also paid to work in Nevada, Colorado, North Carolina and Virginia. Republican officials in Ohio and Wisconsin had not yet paid the company money the RNC gave them for Strategic Allied's services.

The company is run by an Arizona-based conservative, Nathan Sproul, a former head of the state GOP. The Times writes that he "has been dogged by charges in the past that his employees destroyed Democratic registrations. No charges were ever filed."

In an interview Thursday, the Times writes, he told the paper that the Palm Beach problems were the result of one individual and that his firm had offered to help elections officials in other counties identify problems.

The Florida Democratic Party wants election officials to "revoke" the state GOP's ability to register voters. The deadline is Oct. 9 for the Nov. 6 election.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/ondeadline...n/1601809/
A dishonest GOP firm? The moral party. Tell me it isn't so.

Quote:TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — What first appeared to be an isolated problem in one Florida county has now spread statewide, with election officials in nine counties informing prosecutors or state election officials about questionable voter registration forms filled out on behalf of the Republican Party of Florida.
State Republican officials already have fired the vendor it had hired to register voters, and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company, Strategic Allied Consulting, with state officials. That complaint was handed over Friday to state law-enforcement authorities.
A spokesman for Florida's GOP said the matter was being treated seriously.
"We are doing what we can to find out how broad the scope is," said Brian Burgess, the spokesman.
Florida is the battleground state where past election problems led to the chaotic recount that followed the 2000 presidential election.
The Florida Democratic Party called on the state to "revoke" the ability of state Republicans to continue to register voters while the investigation continues. Oct. 9 is the deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 6 presidential election.
"It is clear that the Republican Party of Florida does not have the institutional controls in place to be trusted as a third-party, voter registration organization," said Scott Arceneaux, executive director of the Florida Democratic Party.
The Republican Party of Florida has paid Strategic Allied Consulting more than $1.3 million, and the Republican National Committee used the group for work in Nevada, North Carolina, Colorado and Virginia.
The company said earlier this week that it was cooperating with elections officials in Florida. It initially said the suspect forms were turned in by one person, who has been fired.
"Strategic has a zero-tolerance policy for breaking the law," Fred Petti, a company attorney, said Thursday.
But late Friday the company put out a lengthy statement on its website and said that it was aware of questionable forms in other counties and that it confirmed in each of those counties that the problem was with "one individual." Strategic said it had more than 2,000 people working in the state of Florida.
Strategic insisted that it has "rigorous quality control measures" and it blamed the Republican Party of Florida for the decision by Republican National Committee to dump the company on Thursday.
"When the Republican Party of Florida chose to make likely libelous comments about our effort and stated that the Republican National Committee suggested us as the vendor, the RNC was put in the unenviable position of ending a long-term relationship for the sake of staying focused on the election," the company stated.
In Florida, it is a third-degree felony to "willfully submit" any false voter registration information, a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.
In recent years, Florida's Republican-controlled Legislature — citing suspicious voter registration forms turned in by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN — has cracked down on groups holding voter registration drives.
The League of Women Voters filed a federal lawsuit against some of the restrictions and Florida agreed earlier this month to drop a new requirement to turn in registration applications within 48 hours after they are signed. The state has reinstated a 10-day deadline.
The questionable forms tied to the Republican Party have showed up in South Florida, including Miami-Dade, as well as counties in southwest and northeast Florida as well as the Florida Panhandle.
Election officials in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties on Thursday handed over more than 100 suspect forms to local prosecutors. They did so days after officials in Palm Beach County also alerted prosecutors.
Ann Bodenstein, the elections supervisor for Santa Rosa County, said her staff started raising questions after an employee saw a form that changed the home address of a neighbor.
Paul Lux, election supervisor for Okaloosa County, said questionable forms in the Florida Panhandle appear to have all come from Strategic's effort based at the local Republican Party headquarters. He said his office has turned up dozens of suspect forms.
Lux said there have been forms that listed dead people and were either incomplete or illegible. He met with local prosecutors on Friday, but added that his staff was still going through hundreds of forms dropped off by Strategic employees.
Lux, who is a Republican, said he warned local party officials earlier this month when he first learned the company was paying people to register voters.
"I told them 'This is not going to end well,'" Lux said.
But Lux added that he did not blame the Republican Party of Florida.
"I can't place the blame on RPOF if they hired a firm and that firm wasn't following the rules they were given to follow," Lux said.
The state party filed the complaint against Strategic Allied Consulting with state election officials, who late Friday handed the case over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
An FDLE spokeswoman said the agency would not automatically open a criminal investigation, but would review to see if there were "possible criminal acts."
http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registration...ction.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-politics/post/maryland-democrat-quits-congressional-race-amid-vote-fraud-allegations/2012/09/10/d0ff9b1e-fb73-11e1-b2af-1f7d12fe907a_blog.html

[SIZE=1]Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations[/SIZE]

By Ben Pershing
This post has been updated
A Maryland Democratic candidate quit her congressional race Monday after her own party told state officials that she had committed fraud by voting in both Maryland and Florida in recent elections.

:welcome:
[YOUTUBE="Glass houses and stuff like that"]A4MTQVMatW0[/YOUTUBE]
But nky, you are of the "moral" party. You party wouldn't try to steal elections. :biggrin: You all are quick to point out democrat discretions, yet fail to post any discretions on your own party.
TheRealVille Wrote:But nky, you are of the "moral" party. You party wouldn't try to steal elections. :biggrin: You all are quick to point out democrat discretions, yet fail to post any discretions on your own party.

i bet you won't here this on faux news
TheRealVille Wrote:But nky, you are of the "moral" party. You party wouldn't try to steal elections. :biggrin: You all are quick to point out democrat discretions, yet fail to post any discretions on your own party.

It should remind you of yourself, don't you think? You really need to get away from all the fruits and nuts on MSNBC. You could well be the only person in Paintsville watching these specimens.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:It should remind you of yourself, don't you think? You really need to get away from all the fruits and nuts on MSNBC. You could well be the only person in Paintsville watching these specimens.
I never watch MSNBC. You would do well to notice where the links are from, that I posted. Does it make it any less real that it happened that MSNBC might report on it too? Do you think your denial of it happening would make it any less real? BTW, the Florida GOP admits it happened. You don't want to admit your party is behind, and resorting to "drastic" measures to take this election?
Will TRV be so willing to post irregularities when democrats are involved? No, a hack won't do that.
TheRealVille Wrote:I never watch MSNBC. You would do well to notice where the links are from, that I posted. Does it make it any less real that it happened that MSNBC might report on it too? Do you think your denial of it happening would make it any less real? BTW, the Florida GOP admits it happened. You don't want to admit your party is behind, and resorting to "drastic" measures to take this election?

USA Today? I believe that you will find that the state party immediately fired the consulting firm that was responsible for the allleged problem. Have your boys taken steps to curtail the "activities" of the Black Panthers and the alumni of Acorn? I think not. Of course, USA Today somehow misses all of that.

Personally, I would support my side using a lot more overt and covert activities. Without taking a hardball stand, we surrender too much to your boys with their dubious, but never reported, antics.
Well, 30,000 dead voting democrats in North Carolina. I guess that sums it up for this presidential election. You have to be dead or no have no mind to vote for the current liar and chief or should I say executive and order president. Maybe, I apologize to every country for American belief president. It's all about this election for oblamo. This country is done if he is elected again.
I have to laugh whenever the democrats accuse anyone of fraudulent voter registration. Has everyone forgotten about ACRON or as NKY pointed out the New Black Panther party?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Well, 30,000 dead voting democrats in North Carolina. I guess that sums it up for this presidential election. You have to be dead or no have no mind to vote for the current liar and chief or should I say executive and order president. Maybe, I apologize to every country for American belief president. It's all about this election for oblamo. This country is done if he is elected again.

LOL, by no means am I suggesting that registration and other types of voter fraud is acceptable in any number. However, a few hundred forms is not even in the area code when compared to the many thousands of dead folks across the midwest, California and Florida which somehow keep casting their votes from beyond the grave for democrats. I guess the idea behind this thread is 'see you republicans do it too', there is however, one notable distinction with regard to this particular case, and clearly called out in the article cited that RealVille didn't bother to expand on. So allow me to point it out,---QUOTE "State Republican officials already have fired the vendor it had hired to register voters, and took the additional step of filing an election fraud complaint against the company, Strategic Allied Consulting, with state officials."

Anybody other than me having a little trouble envisioning the DNC filing an election fraud complaint against any of their own, in what is a notably replete history of voter fraud? And did you notice the dems have taken it upon themselves to decide what 'part' of the punishment should be when those evil republicans get what they've got coming to them for the as yet unsubstantiated actions of an independent vendor ? QUOTE "The Florida Democratic Party called on the state to "revoke" the ability of state Republicans to continue to register voters while the investigation continues."

Somehow though, librerals can look over this administration's outrages. Cutting side deals with the Russian president, asking him to wait until after the election so that Obama can make concessions on our national defense strategy with the Russians that would jeopardize his chances of winning, if known before the election, and, would somebody please explain to me how he is getting by with the horrendous lying and coverup with regard to our poorly defended embassies and those slain in Benghazi as the direct result?
why should I point out party's flaws when I have you around?:eyeroll::pondering:
Old School Wrote:I have to laugh whenever the democrats accuse anyone of fraudulent voter registration. Has everyone forgotten about ACRON or as NKY pointed out the New Black Panther party?
Don't forget the Franken-Coleman 2008 Senate race in Minnesota
TheRealVille Wrote:I never watch MSNBC. You would do well to notice where the links are from, that I posted. Does it make it any less real that it happened that MSNBC might report on it too? Do you think your denial of it happening would make it any less real? BTW, the Florida GOP admits it happened. You don't want to admit your party is behind, and resorting to "drastic" measures to take this election?
Does it make it any less real if Fox News reports it?
You would have thought the Dems would have bought some votes for Obama instead of letting an incarcerated individual win the WV primary...
nky Wrote:Don't forget the Franken-Coleman 2008 Senate race in Minnesota
If the democrats do a few crooked things(and I'm not agreeing with you), does it make it alright for the "moral" party to be crooks?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You would have thought the Dems would have bought some votes for Obama instead of letting an incarcerated individual win the WV primary...

:Shaking:

Obama won the WV primary. 59-41%.
TheRealVille Wrote:If the democrats do a few crooked things(and I'm not agreeing with you), does it make it alright for the "moral" party to be crooks?

You're right, when a vendor, hired to register new voters for a particular party, turns in some fraudulent or otherwise compromised registration forms. That settles it. Everybody in the party that hired the vendor is a bunch of crooks. :eyeroll:
ronald reagan Wrote::Shaking:

Obama won the WV primary. 59-41%.

Winning 59-41 to a prisoner is a loss in my books...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Winning 59-41 to a prisoner is a loss in my books...

I suspect the convicted felon has worked at a real job for a living at some time during his life. That would clearly make him more qualified to be president than Kardashian.

RV do you read what you post?

.Thursday, the RNC severed its ties to the Virginia firm and filed a voter-fraud complaint.

The above line is from your post, the folks were fired.

But if we had voter ID laws things like this wouldn't be a problem.
the other guy Wrote:RV do you read what you post?

.Thursday, the RNC severed its ties to the Virginia firm and filed a voter-fraud complaint.

The above line is from your post, the folks were fired.

But if we had voter ID laws things like this wouldn't be a problem.

:Clap: Your honor the defense rests. :rockon:
If we are honest, we must admit that voter suppression is practiced by both parties.

The Republicans are working to suppress the votes of minorities and welfare recipients. This is covered by the media every day.

The Democrats are working to suppress the votes of those in the military. This is never mentioned by the media but is most obvious.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If we are honest, we must admit that voter suppression is practiced by both parties.

The Republicans are working to suppress the votes of minorities and welfare recipients. This is covered by the media every day.

The Democrats are working to suppress the votes of those in the military. This is never mentioned by the media but is most obvious.

The military is left behind.. its a shame. My last unit, the officer who was the Voting OIC, didn't even know that he was it. It took weeks to get some of my guys registered. The problem is military wide (but in their defense, we've got wars to fight, training to do, ect. and soldiers are grown ass men/women, who should be able to get stuff done on their own. I know I can.)
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If we are honest, we must admit that voter suppression is practiced by both parties.

Dead on.
ronald reagan Wrote:The military is left behind.. its a shame. My last unit, the officer who was the Voting OIC, didn't even know that he was it. It took weeks to get some of my guys registered. The problem is military wide (but in their defense, we've got wars to fight, training to do, ect. and soldiers are grown ass men/women, who should be able to get stuff done on their own. I know I can.)

I agree, it's ridiculous. You'd think they'd have it squared away by now.

MOS? 19d, then 11b here.
the other guy Wrote:But if we had voter ID laws things like this wouldn't be a problem.

Exactly!
It is not in the "best interests" of the present administration to have a large vote from the military. They will do all that they can to suppress the military vote and it won't be mentioned in the media.

This is just another sad fact that the masses of uninformed voters don't know about. And, most of that group don't care so long as their government checks arrive on time.
Pages: 1 2