Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cameron Fogle(Conner) Mr. Football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Cameron Fogle(Conner) should be in the discussion for Mr. Football.

Absolutely amazing football player on offense and defense. Great kick/punt returner.

Rushing up to the Cooper game....31/335

Receiving 33/602

1 Kick off return for TD only been kicked to twice this year.

4 Ints

Plays man to man on other teams best wr.

Also, he is averaging 51yds a punt as the punter.

6', 200 lbs

He ran a 4.48 at UK camp, the next day ran a 4.43 at Ball State camp. Then on the third camp/day in a row ran a 4.43 at Ohio university.

How does he NOT have an offer from someone?

For those who have not seen him, I think he is just like Austin Collinsworth, without the name.
Mr football was decided a long time ago. If it goes to anyone other than James quick from trinity then they shouldn't even give out the award. Cause obviously whoever voted on it knows nothing.
i think Fogle is way under-rated, he's a great player

but... i think there's too many guys that i would put ahead of him to chose for Mr. Football

James Quick, Dayln Dawkins, Ryan Timmons (same class), Kyle Bolin, Travis Wright, Jeff Canady, Donovan McCoy
I'd put Nussbaum(sp) Beechwood, and Jackson from Mayfield on the list as well. Quick is way above any of these great players though. Have a feeling we may get to watch him on Sundays in a few years. Hatcher and the 2 other defensive players from Trinity, there names slip my mind at the moment should get some love as well.
Attached are the stats to date from KHSAA on Ryan Timmons of Franklin County. If your counting that’s 52 touches for 24 TDS almost 1200 yards of offense which is 23 yards per touch and a touchdown almost every other touch. He has had the ball Kicked to him twice this year and both have been returned for TD’s of 75 and 95 yards. How is it a forgone conclusion that Quick is MR. Football? I know he plays against tougher Competition but Timmons cant control who he plays. He just goes out every Friday night and does his thing.
have to agree with oline. Timmons is the real deal I've been watching him play for three years now and he is very impressive. Fogle is quite a stud on the field too
If you go on numbers alone Timmons should be the winner, while all of these players are great players for this state and all have a bright future. Timmons is a play maker and anyone who says that Quick is the winner hands down has never seen this Timmons kid play. Timmons is the most exciting player I have ever seen in long, long time.
I'm not trying to say that any of these players are bad players. The numbers are mind boggling. Especially for Timmons. But the award is supposed to go to the best player not the best stats. And no doubt the best player is James Quick. The hatcher kid at trinity is the only one that comes close.
Tomcat, I strongly disagree the only reason Timmons isn't getting the attention Quick is is because he didn't sell out and go the private school route. Timmons is for real and stats are important because how else do you judge whose the best player in the state.
I was at the Cooper/Conner game and was not overly impressed with Fogle. It was just one game though that I am basing it on. And not close to the player Collinsworth was.

Quick is by far the most impressive player and against top competition.(Fogle would look like he is running in quicksand running against Quick,no pun intended). A lot of good players look like Mr KY Football when against poor competition. It is not the kids fault when their school plays a weak schedule, but that does have to be taken into consideration.
oline Wrote:Tomcat, I strongly disagree the only reason Timmons isn't getting the attention Quick is is because he didn't sell out and go the private school route. Timmons is for real and stats are important because how else do you judge whose the best player in the state.

Not trying to discount stats as they need to be looked at. But also who the stats are accumulated against has to be considered. I would assume James quicks stats would be comparable to anyone In the state even against the schedule trinity has played.
sstack Wrote:I was at the Cooper/Conner game and was not overly impressed with Fogle. It was just one game though that I am basing it on. And not close to the player Collinsworth was.

Quick is by far the most impressive player and against top competition.(Fogle would look like he is running in quicksand running against Quick,no pun intended). A lot of good players look like Mr KY Football when against poor competition. It is not the kids fault when their school plays a weak schedule, but that does have to be taken into consideration.

Over 17 yards a carry, 10 yards a reception, 53 yard punt, and 2 int and you were not overly impressed....

Saw them both run side by side at OSU camp, Quick by less than a step.
Whats the link to Conners Football Home Page?
This kid is pretty good...he could play for any team in the state. Whether he is as good as Quick though, is debatable. It's not that he lacks any skill - it's just that Quick is THAT good!
In reference to the Timmons/quick debate, keep in mind that Quick plays on a team with alot more talent, and alot better defenses then Franklin County. Timmons is the real deal every bit as good as Quick, too many people get hung up on the OH its Trinity stuff, This just in...Trinity would win state if quick was not even on the team.
Candidate - Yes! Not sure if he has a chance, but he was sure fun to watch in the one game I saw him
Stats in NK paper today for Conner's #22. Leads scoring with 16 TD's, 2nd in receiving with avg yards per catch of 16.7, top 10 ruching with avg of 12.2 yards per touch. Also top 10 leading tackles with 40 total. Not to mention special teams total yards 1 TD only kicked to twice. 1st return of year was 65 yards.
This all with one less game. Conner did not play on week 0. BTW: He also punts, has an average of 45+ yards per punt.

Great stats based on being double teamed all year while covering opponent best player. Quick will win Mr Football and Timmons is great. Fogle is all-around great player.

Doesn't run track but would compete for top 5 in 100M. Plays baseball at high level instead of track. He's been contacted by major league clubs this past summer. Been clocked at 6.4 60 yard. Lowest 40T has been 4.44.