Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central @ Whitley County 10/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts/Predictions?
Whitley should win...and i believe they will but it seems these two almost always play each other tough....
These two do seem to play close with the exception of a couple of Whitley blowout wins.
Perry's offense allows them to score at anytime, but this will be the best defense they have played by far.

Except for the Russell County game, Whitley has not allowed big games all year, and may not have in that one with a full roster.
Whitley is giving up 16 points a game, and if you remove the Russell County game, then were only giving up 9. (Russell County scored as many points as the rest of the opponents combined for a total of 98 points, 49 of which were Russell County.)

Perry is averaging 37 points a game, somethings gotta give. Their lowest point total was a 19 point effort against Clay County. There also giving up 36 points a game.

I know the way this game should go and that Whitley winning by 4+ TD's and rushing for around 500 and holding Perry to around 10 points. However, that hasnt been the history.

Whitley County is ahead 5-2 in the series.

2003 Whitley County 28 Perry County 21
2004 Whitley County 41 Perry County 35
2007 Perry County 56 Whitley County 42
2008 Whitley County 48 Perry County 7
2009 Whitley County 63 Perry County 18
2010 Whitley County 37 Perry County 22
2011 Perry County 41 Whitley County 40

This year ill take the Colonels.

Whitley 42
Perry Central 14
I like Whitley by a lot in this one. Perry is not the team of last year. They lost a lot and it has shown the most on the defensive side. Whitlye is a strong physical run team and that is what Perry has had the most trouble with this year.
I like Whitley but Perry will be in the game they have a lot of speed and Whitley better be able to cover the pass. Perry better be able to stop the run, Whitley 41 Perry 34. Will be a good game. Could go either way!!
26-20 Whitley. Colonels grind it out.
Whitley County by 14
whitley 48 perry co 20
Whitley 35 Perry County Central 14
Whitley 42

Perry 21
IMO, I only see the Commodores winning one more regular season game and this one isn't it! I think Whitley is the better, more physical team in this matchup and it will show on Friday night. It's tough to win games when you have to score 40+ points to do it and Whitley's defense is definitely not gonna give up that much.

Whitley Co. - 35

Perry Co Central - 24
I like Whitley. Perry Central's Def is suspect. Whitley Run's all over them, 35-14
If this game were at PCC, I might believe they could hang around for a while, but with it being at home, and Whitley being the most physical and best defensive team PCC has played, I dont think it will be much of a game...
This game is very interesting to me....I can't wait....I am so glad district play starts.
Whitley by as many as they want. PCC may get a few big plays, but the WC defense will be way to much for them, and PCC's defense doen't exist. WC by 20+
This game is at Whitley which makes a big difference because anytime you play at Perry you play against 16 instead of 11 but anyway...I am going to take Whitely by 21+...I have said it before and I will say it again...I am sold on this Whitley team.
After a tough game vs Somerset, Whitley may not take this game as seriously as needed. However give me Whitley at home 34-20 cruising.after a slow first half.
^
If anything the Somerset game was a wake up call.
I think a few of our boys thought they'd be a pushover.

PCC wont be overlooked. Dont think Bryant and the rest of them dont remember what happened on their last play last year.

One things for sure, there isnt as many PCC alums on this year....wonder why??????
If you think that Whitley will not take the first game in the district lightly you really don't know Jim Black and his staff....they took Lynn Camp seriously!!!

Also after the game last year I am sure that they will be taking this one more than serious....Losing the game on a great stop by the Perry defense, even with the great stop that has stuck in the craw of the Colonels.

It is at home and the will be wanting to wear the "Stealth" again.

With Stealth
Whitley 42
Perry 13

Without Stealth
Whitley 42
Perry 13
Whitley county is too much for perry county central... whitley is much improved and has a excellent ball club..

Whitley County 42

Perry County Central 21
:thatsfunn LOL!!!
Could be a good game Perry want go away they have a lot of speed and Whitley better be able to stop the pass and run but one things for sure Perry want get a break in the13th region, But No excuses Whitley is a better team but dont look past Perry. They can score on any play.
^I think PCC will be surprised when they dont hang 50 in this one like they have these weak teams.

IMHO, if we stay healthy, PCC might not get out of single digits.
Whitley is going to be the best team Perry has seen thus far. We will be down a few players going into this game, which is never a good thing, especially on the road in the district opener. Perry may surprise some people in this one, Perry has some very good speed and has had an extra week to prepare for the Colonels. Key to the game is try to contain Whitley's run game and not let Bryant and company chew up the clock and keep Perry's defense on the field for a long amount of time, much easier said than done but I am keeping my hopes up. That being said, i'm going with PCC in an upset! Best of luck to both teams Friday night.

Perry Central 34
Whitley County 28

Also, the drop off in Perry Central posters is rather amusing,even to me. Only a few of us here now, there was 2726482 at this point last season. Oh well.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Whitley is going to be the best team Perry has seen thus far. We will be down a few players going into this game, which is never a good thing, especially on the road in the district opener. Perry may surprise some people in this one, Perry has some very good speed and has had an extra week to prepare for the Colonels. Key to the game is try to contain Whitley's run game and not let Bryant and company chew up the clock and keep Perry's defense on the field for a long amount of time, much easier said than done but I am keeping my hopes up. That being said, i'm going with PCC in an upset! Best of luck to both teams Friday night.

Perry Central 34
Whitley County 28

Also, the drop off in Perry Central posters is rather amusing,even to me. Only a few of us here now, there was 2726482 at this point last season. Oh well.
You are a true fan of PCC GT. Good luck to the Comodore's.
Perrys first test. Whitley 50 Perry Central 14.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Whitley is going to be the best team Perry has seen thus far. We will be down a few players going into this game, which is never a good thing, especially on the road in the district opener. Perry may surprise some people in this one, Perry has some very good speed and has had an extra week to prepare for the Colonels. Key to the game is try to contain Whitley's run game and not let Bryant and company chew up the clock and keep Perry's defense on the field for a long amount of time, much easier said than done but I am keeping my hopes up. That being said, i'm going with PCC in an upset! Best of luck to both teams Friday night.

Perry Central 34
Whitley County 28

Good post. Honest post.

Not something you see a lot of one here....and obviously a true fan, the fair weather fans have jumped ship.
Perry 71
Whitley 69

Whitley goes for 2 with a few seconds on the clock and chokes
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry 71
Whitley 69

Whitley goes for 2 with a few seconds on the clock and chokes

Whitley is at home this season, unlike last year and they are better at home so I dont think they will choke this time around. They get the two point conversion and win in 5 overtimes 107-106!!

Setting a school record for scoring, not only for the football team but the basketball team as well.....ROLL COLONELS
Pages: 1 2 3 4