Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County 26 Corbin 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Wayne County 26

Corbin 23
Great game. Based on how well Wayne played Bell last week can the Redhounds pose some danger?
Not sure who is in Central's district. But the Bell/Wayne/Corbin district looks pretty strong.

Maybe 3 from that District will advance come playoffs?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Not sure who is in Central's district. But the Bell/Wayne/Corbin district looks pretty strong.

Maybe 3 from that District will advance come playoffs?

Unfortunately it won't matter...Central will win region, semi and state again.
Wayne County is continuing to impress me. Congrats on the win!
Wayne's defense was well prepared and Corbin never really had any rhythm offensively, of course it's hard to sustain much when you turn it over 6 times. Wayne also hit two long pass plays(70-80 yds each) when Corbin had them 3rd and long, but that happens when the CB's have no safety help.

Congrats to the Cardinals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Great game. Based on how well Wayne played Bell last week can the Redhounds pose some danger?

Corbin could upset Bell Co. If Corbin can prevent Bell from hitting the big plays that have killed Corbin this year and force them to sustain drives, they have a shot. They also cannot turn the ball over like tonight or it will be a long night for the Hounds.

Wayne was able to handle Corbin's blitzing package this week and Corbin only had 1 sack that I recall, even though they blitzed every down. It could cause some problems for Bell's young QB, that is if Corbin can force them to throw.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Unfortunately it won't matter...Central will win region, semi and state again.

i say Ft. Campbell will have a little more to say about that this yr...
Congrats WC on a big win.
Wayne County with a big win. Corbin played extremely hard but shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Corbin is not as talented some of their teams in the past but play hard and try to control field position and clock. Turning the ball over limited their ability to control the tempo of the game. Wayne County also had some bonehead plays which kept Corbin in the game. Wayne County is very talented this year and will be a tough test for who ever they line up against.
Corbin has been less than a TD away all year long.
Had you flip flopped one TD for Corbin in every game this year, they'd be undefeated.

Corbin could give Bell a game, but i just dont see it. Bell will not blow Corbin out with the way Mills is running the offense at Bell because of the frosh QB, but i dont think Corbin has the overall power to beat Bell.
i listen to this game.. if wayne doesn't fumble on the goal line to end the first half they have a 2 touchdown lead.. some turn overs and bone head plays by wayne county let corbin have a chance at the end to win this game... Congrats to cards on the win though alot harder then it needed to be lol
Big win for the Cards! Anyone know the last time Wayne topped Corbin? Was it in the late-80s, maybe?
This was game of the night in my opinion. Really close, Wayne County played good.
yea but they had four turnovers at bell also.....when bell comes to town it will be a dog fight.
This was Wayne County's first win over Corbin since 1987, the Cards are now 2~25 all time against the Hounds. I know the scoreboard doesn't lie and all that good stuff, but Wayne is 2 touchdowns better, just some tough breaks. This was the program's first ever win at Campbell Field in maybe 15 tries. Corbin has been in every game they've played and will finish with .500 record, which is below their standards, but as a huge Wayne County fan that has witnessed probably 22 of those losses in a row this is still a program changer! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Congrats Wayne Co.
Congrats Wayne. You guys have some tough kids and good coaches. Good Luck here on out. Keep it going!
Heard someone put some "For Sale" signs up in Jewell's yard lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heard someone put some "For Sale" signs up in Jewell's yard lol.

This was a huge game for Jewell. If the redhounds can't pull of the upset with Bell Co. then the grumblings will become very loud out of Corbin.
How many years has it been since Corbin has went on the road for week 1 of the playoffs?
^
Considering they didnt lose a district game in like 10 years playing Mccreary, Casey, and Wayne, id say it would have to be atleast mid 90's.
yeah wayne county should have won by a couple touchdowns but they shot there selfs in the foot(old dudley hilton quote) lol. Those few mistakes allowed corbin to keep it close and almost pull out a win.. hats off to both teams for playing hard.. wayne county has some really nice running backs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Great game. Based on how well Wayne played Bell last week can the Redhounds pose some danger?

NO
ekualum05 Wrote:great game. Based on how well wayne played bell last week can the redhounds pose some danger?

runitupthegut Wrote:heard someone put some "for sale" signs up in jewell's yard lol.

football would b better for you
It's amusing how some folks offer all the scenarios in which Corbin could beat Bell County. "If Corbin can keep Bell from making a BIG play," "If Corbin can keep the defensive pressure on Bell's young QB"... etc.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, Mamaw would make us a fruitcake.

(I know most people say... we'd all have a Merry Christmas, but I like Mamaw and the fruitcake better. It has more of a downhome feel.)

How about this... if someone blows up all the bridges and overpasses between Log Mountain and 330 Barbourville Street, then the Bell County kids couldn't show up and Corbin would win by forfeit.

Somehow, this seems like the most likely scenario I've heard yet.
Bell doesn't have to play the 25 year monkey and Corbin...
Cardfan1 Wrote:Bell doesn't have to play the 25 year monkey and Corbin...

That was a huge hurdle for Wayne Co. Congrats on the big win.
Good for there program
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Heard someone put some "For Sale" signs up in Jewell's yard lol.

You been watching "Friday Night Lights" again?:biggrin:

Jewell will be at Corbin next year, unless he decides he does not want to coach, or maybe not coach there. Now I would not be surprised to see some new asst. coaches come on board next year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:You been watching "Friday Night Lights" again?:biggrin:

Jewell will be at Corbin next year, unless he decides he does not want to coach, or maybe not coach there. Now I would not be surprised to see some new asst. coaches come on board next year.

Can you spell Tom Gr***
Pages: 1 2