Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 23 George Rogers Clark 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Black Bears get a key stop on 4th and 1 and a TD with a minute to go to ice it in a game much, much closer than expected.
Congrats Black bears! I definitely didn't think it would be this close though.
Woah, what happened here? GRC..isn't that good..I expected HC to win this one handily.
Congratulations Harlan County!
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Woah, what happened here? GRC..isn't that good..I expected HC to win this one handily.

I didn't think it would be the blow out others were predicting. Beleive it or not, GRC is looking better each week. Our schedule has been brutal. These kids just don't give up.

Best of luck to the Black bears the rest of the season and the playoff. I would love to see this series of games between these two team continue.
No...GRC does NOT give up!! They are gritty, in your face, dare you to stop me kind of team. Great game!!

I would also like this series to continue; even though it's a long ride home!!

Good luck to GRC in the rest of their season, and I hope you have a safe trip home!!

Great job Black Bears!!
GRC has a very gutsy team....very physical...no quit in this team...good luck to GRC for the rest of the season...I also would love to see this series continue....

I am proud of our Black Bears....Our kids overcame a TERRIBLE ref crew...never seen anything like it....anyway, I would like to say one thing....why is Jake Middleton not mentioned as a MR. FOOTBALL candidate...I mean he out rushed Canady last week AND his numbers are as good if not better than Canady....not saying Canady shouldn't be mentioned but I do think Jake should be at least in the conversation.
GRC much better than their record indicates. Fast and fast is a great way to describe them. They had 2 big plays and thats it! Defense is better than advertised. Congrats to HC. I think!
Nice win for the Black Bears! Fantastic job!
Don't know what to think!!!!! Wow is all I can say Wow! I was there and Wow! Feels like sometimes I in 1985 watching football again. Not feeling to good about the game tonight refs sucked and we struggled against a team that is point blank not that good! If we don't get our head on straight it may be a long year to come!
Anyway
Way to still find the way to win Black bears
Good luck!
Hugy....I respect your point of view but I don't think GRC was that bad of team...had a lot of atheletes and a lot of speed....AND they were very physical.
I want a conversation about why Jake Middleton is not in the Mr. Football conversation....the kid needs to at least be mentioned....I know he is one of the leading rushers in the state and probably the smallest kid but has the biggest heart....I love this kid....he is a WONDERFUL kid on and off the field!
Gold Charger Wrote:I didn't think it would be the blow out others were predicting. Beleive it or not, GRC is looking better each week. Our schedule has been brutal. These kids just don't give up.

Best of luck to the Black bears the rest of the season and the playoff. I would love to see this series of games between these two team continue.

GC, this is not a good football team at GRC. They truly have not shown anything this year that would lead one to believe that they can even win a game this year. Not counting tonights 23 points that they gave up, this team is abysmal giving up 181 points in their last FOUR games - 217 points given up total in 6 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is BAD!!!
I did think that their PINK and PURPLE charter bus's were cute.
bear claw Wrote:GRC has a very gutsy team....very physical...no quit in this team...good luck to GRC for the rest of the season...I also would love to see this series continue....

I am proud of our Black Bears....Our kids overcame a TERRIBLE ref crew...never seen anything like it....anyway, I would like to say one thing....why is Jake Middleton not mentioned as a MR. FOOTBALL candidate...I mean he out rushed Canady last week AND his numbers are as good if not better than Canady....not saying Canady shouldn't be mentioned but I do think Jake should be at least in the conversation.

I will help you with this, Jake Middleton may have out rushed Canady last week. But if I'm not mistaken, Harlan co. Played Knox Co. and we elect to use all of our weapons in a game and not give it to just one player. That would be why we won. We are very lucky to have a player as good as Canady is he plays OLB--SS--on Defense, He plays RB--even TE and WR on Offense oh yeah and he avg 40 plus yds a PUNT. That is why he is a MR. FOOTBALL canidate. Jake is a great RB, and does need more PR.I think he is a great kid as well. But as I said KCHS is 7-0 because we use our whole team.:worthy:
I am pretty sure that MR. FOOTBALL is NOT based on using your whole team...it is based on A player.....look all I am saying is if Canady is being considered for MR. FOOTBALL then Jake should at least be in the conversation too.
bear claw Wrote:I am pretty sure that MR. FOOTBALL is NOT based on using your whole team...it is based on A player.....look all I am saying is if Canady is being considered for MR. FOOTBALL then Jake should at least be in the conversation too.

Canady is being considered because he has consistently done EVERYTHING on KC's team. He's not just a running back. That's why.
bear claw Wrote:I am pretty sure that MR. FOOTBALL is NOT based on using your whole team...it is based on A player.....look all I am saying is if Canady is being considered for MR. FOOTBALL then Jake should at least be in the conversation too.

Fair enough, good luck to Harlan Co. Confusedinglepar
I have seen him twice now playing against HC and he has done NOTHING...he don't like to get hit....look, all I am saying is Jake Middleton should be in the conversation.
Stardust Wrote:GC, this is not a good football team at GRC. They truly have not shown anything this year that would lead one to believe that they can even win a game this year. Not counting tonights 23 points that they gave up, this team is abysmal giving up 181 points in their last FOUR games - 217 points given up total in 6 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is BAD!!!

I agree, I was thinking when I read they're getting better every week..."if losing 40-6 in the 5th game of the year is getting better, exactly how bad are they?" Not taking anything away from Scott Co. but my goodness how bad is GRC? It could have been an off night for HC, which I'm hoping it was. If they Don't play to their potential I think they end the season 6-4, possibly 5-5 depending on how Perry can handle them at home.
bear claw Wrote:I have seen him twice now playing against HC and he has done NOTHING...he don't like to get hit....look, all I am saying is Jake Middleton should be in the conversation.

LOL your are smoking some serious##((, if you think the Canady kid is afraid of contact. You have no idea. I am now done talking. :lmao: I think the Bell Co. man explained it the best. He is way more than just a RB..............:insane:
Fair enought Bellcoutnyfaithful....I would agree...we need to improve and start playing better...but I have faith in Larkey and company and I think we will be ready for district play.
bear claw Wrote:Fair enought Bellcoutnyfaithful....I would agree...we need to improve and start playing better...but I have faith in Larkey and company and I think we will be ready for district play.

Now I'll be objective, I think the loss of Brewer and McMillian has hurt a lot worse than people initially thought it would.
highschoolfan....look at the stats of Canady against HC....the facts are the facts...he is SOFT!
All I want is Jake Middleton to be at least mentioned in the Mr. Football conversation....he does just as much as Canady and he is a #@&& of a lot more tougher than Canady and yes he can play more than just running back...he can catch AND he plays one of the linebackers and loves contact unlike Canady....look at the stats for the last two years against HC who has hit him.
bear claw Wrote:All I want is Jake Middleton to be at least mentioned in the Mr. Football conversation....he does just as much as Canady and he is a #@&& of a lot more tougher than Canady and yes he can play more than just running back...he can catch AND he plays one of the linebackers and loves contact unlike Canady....look at the stats for the last two years against HC who has hit him.

I'm not sure why an HC fan is even still talking about KC. Or why you're berating a kid, I'm not sure what there is to gain from this but I'm restless so for conversation sake..it's pretty ridiculous to say that ANYONE playing football is afraid of contact, if they were afraid of contact they wouldn't of signed up to play and snapped a chinstrap, plain and simple. I understand you comparing your star player to a player on another team who you've played that is mentioned for Mr. Football, but lets look at the facts here. KC is undefeated, Harlan is not, like you said Mr. Football is about 1 player, in this case HC's star Player hasn't delivered the W's that KC's star player has. But to say that is a fantasy, it takes a team to win not a player. So let's compare stats, Middleton before tonight had 913 yards on 122 carries and 14 TD's. Impressive. No receptions, no returned TD's. 32 total tackles, 2 solo, 30 assisted. Now we jump to Canady, before tonight he had 1,054 yards on 104 carries and 16 TD's. More yards on less carries, and more TD's than Middleton. 5 receptions for 99 yards and no td's, that's 5 receptions and 99 yards more than Middleton. 2 Int for 117 yards and a TD, that's 2 int for 117 more yards and a TD more than whats listed for Middleton. 33 Total tackles, 10 solo 23 assisted, Also more than Middleton. Fair enough? Let's put this KC hate to rest, Congrats on the win HC, I for one can't wait to meet you guys on the 26th, hopefully on that pretty new field Wink
Closer than i expected...
BellCountyFaithful....I am not hating on KC go back and read some of my post....they were the better team last week...that game is over and we have moved on....my point is I would like to see Jake to get a little more attention than what he is....by the way, have you seen either of the two games against HC and KC....all I am saying is Canady has struggled against a physical team.
Okay i did not want to admit it but i will now,we are just not nearly as good as we have been. We just do not have the weapons we have had the past 2 yrs. It took me hearing a guy in the stands saying after the game"That was the best 0-6 team i have ever seen." I had to slap myself and say wait a minute,dont u say the same thing. With that said i still feel H.C. will win this region because it is so bad.
HARLAN — For the George Rogers Clark Cardinals, the story was all too familiar.
Clark held the high-powered Harlan County offense scoreless for 22 minutes Friday and maintained a 7-0 lead through much of the first half before the Bears grabbed the momentum with a scoring drive that gave them an 8-7 lead at the break.

The Bears pushed their advantage to 16-7 early in the third quarter, but Clark stayed close until senior tailback Jake Middleton scored his third touchdown of the game with two minutes to left to secure a 23-14 victory.
“It was 16-14 and we had the ball driving, two inches from a first down. It was one of those what if games, but I'm proud of the kids’ effort,” Clark coach Steven Collins said.
Clark struggled to move the ball against the physical Harlan County defense but stayed close with a pair of big plays — a 76-yard run by C.D. Spight on the Cards’ first offensive play and a 72-yard run by Darian Skinner in the third quarter.
Middleton carried the offense for Harlan County (4-2), one of the state's top-ranked 5A teams, a two-time champion of District 8. Middleton rushed for 192 yards on 25 carries, going over 1,000 yards for the season, and scored three touchdowns.
“It was kind of chess match going back and forth,” Collins said. “It was a great effort from these kids. I love them to death. They keep fighting and fighting and fighting. Good things are going to happen for them.”
Skinner rushed for 151 yards on 15 carries and Spight added 75 yards on nine carries to lead the Cardinals, who fell to 0-6.
Clark trailed by two and had the ball on the Harlan County 37 with four minutes left when Skinner was stopped for no gain on fourth and one.
Middleton scored seven plays later to ice the win for the Bears and send the Cards to another hard-luck loss. Collins said the game was another confidence builder for his team but added it was time to start winning.
“We’ve told them we’ve been building enough,” he said. “We’ve had six games. The building time is over.”

G. Rogers Clark 07 00 07 00 — 14
Harlan County 00 08 08 07 — 23

GRC — Spight 76 run (Dailey kick)
HC — Middleton 50 run (Middleton run)
HC — Middleton 34 run (Middleton run)
GRC — Skinner 72 run (Dailey kick)
HC — Middleton 2 run (Wilson kick)http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/grc/
Pages: 1 2