Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 51 East Ridge 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pirates coast with a running clock in the 1st Half. Starters don't see a 2nd Half snap.

Major step up in competition next week.
congrats to Pirates,now we can see if those last few weeks hurt them or not, starters play whole game next week.
^ Yes sir. Reported that 5-6 guys were in street clothes tonight, but other than Austin Hatfield I don't recall us missing key guys.

Still, like to have all of our guys healthy moving into next Friday. Gonna be a war.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Yes sir. Reported that 5-6 guys were in street clothes tonight, but other than Austin Hatfield I don't recall us missing key guys.

Still, like to have all of our guys healthy moving into next Friday. Gonna be a war.

yea cause the way JC beat the tigers and Ashland lost to them, the last game of reg season going be war as well
15 passes for a Belfry QB, Wow lol!!! Too many easy games for Belfry. I am glad that stretch is over with. I am looking forward to see how the Pirates fare against Ashland.
Congrats to the Pirates...Test time next week!
Belfry is LOADED. I said it before, I'll say it again, mark it down, they will be in Bowling Green at the end of the year.
Belfry should beat Ashland pretty handily, or at least they should if they expect to make it to Bowling Green. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:Belfry should beat Ashland pretty handily, or at least they should if they expect to make it to Bowling Green. Confusednicker:

No they only beat Ashland by one last year and made it. But Putnam stadium has been there house of horrors way more so than other team. They just can't seem to get a win there.
9/28/2012
Belfry 51 East Ridge 0
East Ridge 0 0 0 0 0
Belfry 21 24 7 0 51
Scoring summary:
BF--Keaton Taylor 50 punt return (kick failed); BF--Justin Johnson 36 run (Tony Messer pass from Sani Warren); BF--Josh Robinson 53 run (Trinity Carr kick); BF--Carr 40 run (Carr kick); BF--Robinson 15 pass from Warren (Carr kick); BF--Robinson 38 pass from Warren (run failed); BF--Botched snap Eli Huddle safety; BF--Xondre Willis 46 run (Keilan Carr).
Records: Belfry 5-1, East Ridge 1-5.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No they only beat Ashland by one last year and made it. But Putnam stadium has been there house of horrors way more so than other team. They just can't seem to get a win there.

Don't let a troll drag you in, tomcatfan. Just ignore him.

Belfry has struggled in Putnam with only 1 win there that I can remember. They have taken their lumps on occasion, some of those losses were just to a better Ashland team, and there were a few of those that Belfry was good enough to win, but did not for one reason or another.

A lot of those games were early in the year and Belfry typically does not start strong but they get better as the season wears on. I think since the game was moved along later in the season it has been a much better and more competitive series.

I love this series and it is good for both squads. I'm really happy they found a way to continue it next season.
Belfry needs to play someone good and having Ashland and JC in the last four games will be big for the Pirates playoff preparation. Only 3-4 teams in 3A are as good as the Cats and Eagles. If Belfry gets and stays healthy and holds onto the ball, they will be tough to handle come playoff time.
Congratulations, Belfry!
The only time I know that Belfry has won AT Ashland is 1989. 35-14 I believe. If you get out of Putnam with a W, you have accomplished something.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Don't let a troll drag you in, tomcatfan. Just ignore him.

Belfry has struggled in Putnam with only 1 win there that I can remember. They have taken their lumps on occasion, some of those losses were just to a better Ashland team, and there were a few of those that Belfry was good enough to win, but did not for one reason or another.

A lot of those games were early in the year and Belfry typically does not start strong but they get better as the season wears on. I think since the game was moved along later in the season it has been a much better and more competitive series.

I love this series and it is good for both squads. I'm really happy they found a way to continue it next season.

You made your avatar just for me. You know I'm in your head! Confusednicker:
Nice win Belfry. TongueirateSho
Next Friday Ashland (Pirates by 2TD).TongueirateSho