Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boxing Match in Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard that there is a professional boxing match going to happen in Paintsville on Friday April 28, 2006 at the Ramada Inn. I have also heard that it will be a ProAm with at least one local fighting. The main event will Cory Phelps of the Ashland area fighting a guy from Cincinnati.
Any local talent involved. I hear Daniel Pugh is a pretty good boxer and competed in a few contests. That would be great to see!:baldbull:
jchsrulz Wrote:Any local talent involved. I hear Daniel Pugh is a pretty good boxer and competed in a few contests. That would be great to see!:baldbull:
Pugh was scheduled to fight Friday at this but I believe he has to be playing baseball at Belfry that night. At least that was what I was told tonight.
The Guru Wrote:Pugh was scheduled to fight Friday at this but I believe he has to be playing baseball at Belfry that night. At least that was what I was told tonight.

Yes, that is what I heard too. I wonder if they were to get rained out on Friday if he would fight. I will there, I was hoping to get a chance to see Daniel box. I think there are a few other local kids going to box that night. Are you going Guru?
Eagle89 Wrote:Yes, that is what I heard too. I wonder if they were to get rained out on Friday if he would fight. I will there, I was hoping to get a chance to see Daniel box. I think there are a few other local kids going to box that night. Are you going Guru?
Yes...I am fighting in the fat ass division!!
Daniel Pugh will not be fighting Friday night. He has a baseball game at Belfry.
Daniel Meade is scheduled to fight though. Maybe a couple more local fighters before the pro bouts begin.
Anyone heard how Daniel Meade done? If I went just soley to watch Pugh box then it would be a waste of cash, Pugh KO's his opponent within the first round. The kid has got stamina, quick hands, and a deadly right cross. I saw him spar a couple of times with some 24-27 year old kids in Morgan Co., the fellas he sparred with didn't make it 2 minutes into the first round.
PHSCARD Wrote:Anyone heard how Daniel Meade done? If I went just soley to watch Pugh box then it would be a waste of cash, Pugh KO's his opponent within the first round. The kid has got stamina, quick hands, and a deadly right cross. I saw him spar a couple of times with some 24-27 year old kids in Morgan Co., the fellas he sparred with didn't make it 2 minutes into the first round.
Are you sure ?? Daniel Pugh didn't get back from Belfry til 11 oclock tonight.Am I correct? I heard he had at least 1 hit at Belfry.
I know Grayson Smith, former UK football player and former Magoffin Co. assistant coach was one hell of a boxer in his collegiate days. I don't know if he still fights or anything. I don't think he was saying he watched Pugh, I think he was saying that IF he went just to watch Pugh it would be a waste. I think Meade lost tonight in a decision.
Correct BB, I said "IF" he was there. I believe Meade is just starting out, a little more time in the gym and pumping some iron would help out with that long reach he has.
Pugh is a great fighter and given enough time and polish could actually do it to make a living if he has the right type of promoter and manager that will look after him.
That's pretty cool hearing Pugh is actually that good I'd like to see him do some big things in boxing.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:That's pretty cool hearing Pugh is actually that good I'd like to see him do some big things in boxing.
Yeah, Pugh is pretty good...Is the Wildcat Boxing Club still open in Paintsville?
Wildcat boxing club was never in Paintsville. It is in Morgan Co. at the mouth of Smith Creek. It's run by Boyd Hill. He has about 10 fighters training at the club right now. Anyone is welcome. $30.00 per month. The best workout you can get is learning to Box. You may never climb into the ring, but the workout is great.
Its been a few years since I was there. Forgot where it was located.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:That's pretty cool hearing Pugh is actually that good I'd like to see him do some big things in boxing.

Yeah if I'm not mistaken he's already a golden glover.
Huge boxing fan my buddy has held several toughman contests and fought in over 150 fights. They used his ring for the fights.
MCDADDY Wrote:Pugh is a great fighter and given enough time and polish could actually do it to make a living if he has the right type of promoter and manager that will look after him.

yea he is