Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Ryback the right choice to feud with Punk while Cena is off TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I'm all for new guys getting the chance to sink or swim, it boils down to not trusting WWE to multi-task. In this case, pushing Ryback properly while still keeping Punk credible.

I was looking forward to Ryback stepping up and standing up to a big bully type, but this is not the scenario I envisioned. As addressed, this will kill the win streak and rub some shine off the whole thing. I kind of figured they did not show the clip live due the complete lack of reaction once Ryback appeared on screen.
I think Ryback is Plan B, incase Cena can't go.

I'm sure that Cena's injury will turn into a angle, were they'll tease and tease that he won't be able to go.

....and then dramatically appear adding for the "Super Cena" character.
I'd rather have Cena, but its a moot point for the outcome of the match. Punk will still be champ come Royal Rumble....
I am interested in seeing if Punk can get a good match out of Ryback. If so, then , he may have an honest to goodness claim to being "best in the world"
^ I agree, but we wanted the same thing from Bret Hart. His reward was a broken neck....
^Very true. Do you think his character is even getting over, at all? It's obvious that no one thinks he is on the level that Punk is on. Hence, the no sell by the crowd. But, even at a mid-card level, I don't seem to think that anyone really cares about him. Just my opinion.
I don't like him at all. The Goldberg novelty is no longer interesting to me. I truly believe if they would have showed Ryback to the crowd Monday, they would have booed.

I'm not a big fan of Randy Orton, but IMO, Orton would have been the right choice to put with Punk. Give Cena the time off, and see if they can get Orton back as a main event character.