Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: U.S. eases Myanmar import ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says the U.S. is easing its import ban on Myanmar that had been a key plank of remaining American economic sanctions.

"In recognition of the continued progress toward reform and in response to requests from both the government and the opposition, the United States is taking the next step in normalizing our commercial relationship," Clinton said Wednesday during a meeting with President Thein Sein in New York.

"We will begin the progress of easing restrictions on imports of Burmese goods into the United States," Clinton said. "We hope this will provide more opportunities for your people to sell their goods into our market."

The announcement follows the Obama administration's resumption of normal diplomatic relations and the suspension of a U.S. investment ban.http://nky.cincinnati.com/usatoday/artic...RONTPAGE|p
I feel better
What do we get from Burma anyway?
Mylar Ballons anyone?
Honest question.....

Im not very educated on our current condition with Cuba, as i didnt grow up in the bay pigs or cold war era, however, if someday, Cuba could ever rid thereselves of the Castro family and set up some type of democracy, or anything reasonable, could we benefit from that? What resources could help us there?
I know we have a ban on Cuba and N. Korea, but i think one day Cuba could become open to us.