Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs Ironton 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Raceland has picked up Ironton to replace Russell on the schedule for the next two years.
Will Russell still be playing Ironton next year?
Great to hear. Ironton might actually have a 10 game schedule next year.
Gotta respect Raceland for scheduling a tough game here.
Raceland also picked up Coal Grove
Fine Russell won't play us so we will play someone better
We don't like them. Lol

So we schedule their equivalent 2 hours away.
FBALL Wrote:We don't like them. Lol

Haha about what it amounts to isnt it.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Haha about what it amounts to isnt it.

Pretty much.

I don't like that we aren't playing Racelsnd any more but at least we scheduled another good team.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Will Russell still be playing Ironton next year?

Yes
I think this is a good pick up. I was honestly worried about Raceland replacing Russell with a weaker opponent. I'm not sure how successful the Rams will be, but I definitely think it is a good test.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I think this is a good pick up. I was honestly worried about Raceland replacing Russell with a weaker opponent. I'm not sure how successful the Rams will be, but I definitely think it is a good test.

I think you may get them at a good time. They will lose a bunch after this year. You guys are at a high point they may be down.
frankly i never thought i'd see the day, as a tiger fan. but kudo's to raceland for scheduling up.not taking anything from raceland, they always have fine squads. this year ironton plays oak hill their last game. another game i never thought i'd see. but some people don't realize how small ironton is. even though they schedule many d2, 3, programs. i'm hearing they picked up a d1 columbus school next year.
ironton was only 2 players from d5 this year. which is the 5th smallest division in ohio. the ohsaa, has added a 7th div. to ohio football next year. and we will be d5. with gasoline and diesel being through the roof. you have to take games when you can.ironton loses 20 seniors this year , from a squad that only has 38 players on the roster.
FBALL Wrote:We don't like them. Lol

That equivalent lost to the Rams by about 40 this year. May take Pikeville a couple years to turn it around to where they were last year. Your hitting them at a good time. Then in a couple years you can go play somebody else. Because the panthers start beating the devils. It will be because of travel next time you drop a big mighty 1A.
football 105 Wrote:That equivalent lost to the Rams by about 40 this year. May take Pikeville a couple years to turn it around to where they were last year. Your hitting them at a good time. Then in a couple years you can go play somebody else. Because the panthers start beating the devils. It will be because of travel next time you drop a big mighty 1A.

Everybody has cycles. They beat you and the Westweedians out of the playoffs last year.

We all have up and down years. If you really believe that is why the Russell/Raceland series is off you're still no straight.

Maybe one of these days cooler heads will prevail and we can play the Ams again.
Fball this is nothing against you or the devil fans.
But this makes me so upset. Would have been a little easier to take if the devils were moving on to play a bigger and better program. But to play another 1A program. And about 100 miles away is crazy. So much rival and money lost.
football 105 Wrote:Fball this is nothing against you or the devil fans.
But this makes me so upset. Would have been a little easier to take if the devils were moving on to play a bigger and better program. But to play another 1A program. And about 100 miles away is crazy. So much rival and money lost.

You won't find anybody up here that likes it either. Im not defending it. I will say its not because you beat us. At least we picked up a quality program in your place. I don't care what size they are.

I wish it would have continued. It's much harder to trash talk now. Lol
Pikeville is a nice stadium to play at. Even though both sides set on the same side. Nice turf field. And nice close seating that will set I would say a couple thousand.
And the fans are respectful. Good luck and hope the panthers rebuild quickly.
football 105 Wrote:Pikeville is a nice stadium to play at. Even though both sides set on the same side. Nice turf field. And nice close seating that will set I would say a couple thousand.
And the fans are respectful. Good luck and hope the panthers rebuild quickly.

Been there a few times. My nephew played for Pikeville and my brother in law was a long time assistant coach for the panthers. My sister taught there and just retired last year.
fball Wrote:been there a few times. My nephew played for pikeville and my brother in law was a long time assistant coach for the panthers. My sister taught there and just retired last year.

o....... K.....
:worthy:ironton does in fact have 10 games next year. that's awesome. i don't like open dates at all.
You're Tiger Bait Wrote::worthy:ironton does in fact have 10 games next year. that's awesome. i don't like open dates at all.

Of course Raceland and Johnson Central are new teams on the rife schedule? Are there any others.
we picked division 1 columbus st. charles
and division 4-amanda clearcreek
so our schedule next year will be
columbus st. charles
amanda clearcreek
wheelersburg
russell
ashland
raceland
columbus bishop hartley
oak hill
portsmouth
johnson central

but i'm not sure of order, or who is home/away----but we have a full slate next year.
Should be an exciting atmosphere for this one. I think its a good game for both schools and communities. Im a firm believer that you have to play good competition in order to improve as a program and games like this allow your team to prepare for the tougher opponents that the playoffs will bring.
lol....Russell petitions to be 3A for travel concerns. but now, they drop a school about 2 miles away and picks up one about 100 miles way. I still think its because of the results of the series. Russell can say its because they lose some players to Raceland, but i dont believe it. Russell loses some kids to Raceland, but im sure theres been times when Raceland has lost some to Russell also. Maybe if Russell beats Raceland this year, they will play us again. The Ironton game will be tough for Raceland, but at least Raceland isn't afraid to play them.
Statmaster Wrote:lol....Russell petitions to be 3A for travel concerns. but now, they drop a school about 2 miles away and picks up one about 100 miles way. I still think its because of the results of the series. Russell can say its because they lose some players to Raceland, but i dont believe it. Russell loses some kids to Raceland, but im sure theres been times when Raceland has lost some to Russell also. Maybe if Russell beats Raceland this year, they will play us again. The Ironton game will be tough for Raceland, but at least Raceland isn't afraid to play them.

AMEN, Brother !
:welcome:y
Statmaster Wrote:lol....Russell petitions to be 3A for travel concerns. but now, they drop a school about 2 miles away and picks up one about 100 miles way. I still think its because of the results of the series. Russell can say its because they lose some players to Raceland, but i dont believe it. Russell loses some kids to Raceland, but im sure theres been times when Raceland has lost some to Russell also. Maybe if Russell beats Raceland this year, they will play us again. The Ironton game will be tough for Raceland, but at least Raceland isn't afraid to play them.

Russell isn't afraid to play Ironton either.

There is one person that can answer it. Call Coach McGlone up and ask him if its because he was afraid to play. Everybody else wants to play this game. Whatever the reason it was a bad decision.

Staying in 3a was the right thing to do. If you can't see that one you're just stupid. That 2A district is weaker and much more travel.

Doesn't matter if we win this year or not. It's not going to change. That bridge has been burned.
FBALL Wrote:Been there a few times. My nephew played for Pikeville and my brother in law was a long time assistant coach for the panthers. My sister taught there and just retired last year.
If they are who I think you are talking about, they are wonderful people and have done a ton for PHS! We certainly miss having them around.
Wheelers.

Lisa is my sister.
FBALL Wrote:Wheelers.

Lisa is my sister.
That's them!

Mrs. Wheeler was one of my favorite teachers ever and everything she did with the Jr. High Cheerleading Program here at PHS was nothing short of amazing! I hate note seeing her around as much, but from facebook, it seems like she is enjoying retirement. But I will say it is not the same without her.
Pages: 1 2