Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 60 Minutes Last Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I am a Democrat, everyone knows this... that being said... did anyone watch "60 Minutes" last night.

I liked what some of Romney had to say about his economic plan, lower rates but get rid of loop holes...makes sense.

Ok, here is the problem that I have though as a citizen of Kentucky, he wishes to put all of Medicaide to the individual state. A federal program that the state has to pay for... I disagree with this thought. It would bankrupt us, or take away from our children if this plan went through.

What is your take on it?
Medicaid is paid for by the taxpayers. Neither the federal or state government have any money other than what they confiscate from the taxpayers.

Regardless of whether it is paid by the federal government or the state government, the fact is that the government units will go bankrupt or it will bankrupt all of us if changes are not made.
You can bet your farm if you go with Obama again, we will be bankrupt.
Truth Wrote:Medicaid is paid for by the taxpayers. Neither the federal or state government have any money other than what they confiscate from the taxpayers.

Regardless of whether it is paid by the federal government or the state government, the fact is that the government units will go bankrupt or it will bankrupt all of us if changes are not made.

a legitimate question...how can a government entity that can print its own money ever go bankrupt?
tvtimeout Wrote:a legitimate question...how can a government entity that can print its own money ever go bankrupt?

I thought you were a businessman to go along with being an educator extraordinare, and a hot shot inventor?

And then you go and ask a question like that.:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:I thought you were a businessman to go along with being an educator extraordinare, and a hot shot inventor?

And then you go and ask a question like that.:eyeroll:

Unbelievable, our credit is rated by agencies outside of government, Moody's, S&P, etc. By their reckoning, our credit rating is down twice since Obama took office. Other countries lend us money, to make up the 42 cent shortfall we currently lack for each and every dollar we spend (we have to borrow .42 cents of every dollar our govenment spends from other countries). They aren't stupid, they know if our debt is greater than our total worth, and that we are therefore in a state of insolvency. Hence, at some point soon, they will not be willing to risk loaning us more money, because they will be afraid we will stiff them for it.

Unfortunately, taxpayers like you and other keynesian kooks, believe the economic baloney Obama et-al feeds them, and think that all we have to do is print more money. Look at it like this. You can write checks all you want, but, if you write 16 trillion dollars worth of checks but, all you have is 9 trillion in cash to back them up, you overdraw. Savvy?
A simple accounting concept: If you spend more than you take in, you are in bad shape. Right now, we are a bad example of one of the simplest concepts of accounting.
TVtimeout, Hitler tried the same thing with Nazi Germany. You can't just print money. Inflation makes money not worth the paper its printed on.