Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Israel & Iran: Possibly World War III?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that's a very real possibility!
Hope the U.S. has their head on straight when/if this happens.
Scary thought...
It will happen.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave a speech today at the United Nations meeting. Joel Rosenberg (another bible prophecy expert I like to follow) wrote a blog about Ahmadinejad's speech:

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/20...ole-world/

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responds to Ahmadinejad's speech:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-s...um=twitter
I know it will be difficult, but please ignore all political bias in these videos. I personally want the focus of these videos to be on Iran:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1862688790001/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1858598019001...-by-israel

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/26/...inance-in/
Benjamin Netanyahu's full speech at the UN:

http://www.israelemb.org/washington/News...embly.aspx
The logistical problems that exist for Israel may be hard to overcome.
1)Geography: The 3 routes to Iran include airspace of; Syria and Iraq, Jordan and Iraq, or Saudi Arabia and Iraq. None have given the go-ahead to Israel, with some outright denying use of their airspace.
2)Equipment: They use F-15, F-15 Strike Eagles, and F-16's. The F-15 would most likely be used due to its longer range, however it still would need refueled at a minimum of twice to complete the mission. Meaning that somewhere over Iraq, a Boieng 707 would need to be flying to do this.
3)Lack of support from the US (and I do believe that Barry would absolutely go to the UN to try to block any action by Israel)

It definately wouldn't be a sneak attack. Iran would have knowledge of an attack 60-90 minutes before it occurred and could mount a counter-attack and anti-aircraft campaign.

I firmly believe that Israel will take covert internal actions rather than an air strike.
I've recently made a twitter account, and there have been quite a few tweets in the past few days that are about Iran and Israel meeting at the United Nations. Here are three tweets that were made by Joel Rosenberg, the bible prophecy expert I mentioned earlier:

Quote:Ahmadinejad's apocalyptic speech brings #Israel closer2war. Christians #pray4peaceofJerusalem. @KayArthur @BethMooreLPM http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/20...ole-world/

Quote:NETANYAHU TELLS U.N. IRAN COULD HAVE NUKES BY SPRING: Is war imminent?: Israeli leaders literally draws a “red... http://bit.ly/PaqxCL

Quote:War in #Mideast is coming. Pastors, pay attention to #Ahmadinejad & #Netanyahu speeches & call Christians to pray. http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/20...-imminent/

Also, I'm trying to find a good, full video of President Ahmadinejad's speech if I can, but I haven't been able to find one that is easy to listen to (because of the translation).

*EDIT: Here's a possible link of President Ahmadinejad's speech: http://www.latinospost.com/articles/4598...-video.htm
ronald reagan Wrote:The logistical problems that exist for Israel may be hard to overcome.
1)Geography: The 3 routes to Iran include airspace of; Syria and Iraq, Jordan and Iraq, or Saudi Arabia and Iraq. None have given the go-ahead to Israel, with some outright denying use of their airspace.
2)Equipment: They use F-15, F-15 Strike Eagles, and F-16's. The F-15 would most likely be used due to its longer range, however it still would need refueled at a minimum of twice to complete the mission. Meaning that somewhere over Iraq, a Boieng 707 would need to be flying to do this.
3)Lack of support from the US (and I do believe that Barry would absolutely go to the UN to try to block any action by Israel)

It definately wouldn't be a sneak attack. Iran would have knowledge of an attack 60-90 minutes before it occurred and could mount a counter-attack and anti-aircraft campaign.

I firmly believe that Israel will take covert internal actions rather than an air strike.

Actually, from what I've heard from Grant Jeffrey, I think he's said that Saudi Arabia has given Israel air space to send an air strike towards Iran. Here is the video where he mentions it:

Part 1:

Part 2:

^Keep in mind that this video was made around the year 2010.
They would still need Iraq to bless off. And major logistical support along the way. This would give them a 2 hour or more window to tip of the Iranian's. I just don't see it happening. Romney is now saying that it most likely wont happen either. Covert action is the best course, and most likely.
Ronald, when the hell did you come back?!

Anyway, some of my friends say the same thing you do, about logistics. Frankly, if Israel wants to do something bad enough, they'll do it, regardless of what anyone thinks. Israel is ahead of Iran when it comes to their military, except for number of troops, and I think it would be much harder for Iran to retaliate than it will be for Israel to attack.

To be honest, I just don't think Israel has the balls to do it without big brother (us) to bail them out. We cannot afford to do that this time. But if it does happen, it's just the beginning of the end in my opinion. There's to much hate on both sides for other countries to not get involved. But again, the only think that Arabs hate more than Jews is a Persian, so I don't think Arab countries will be so quick to lend a hand to Iran, especially if they'll lose support from us that they likely get.

If war does come, I think Iran bows down, quickly. Their people hate the government. If Iran's leaders do nut up and fight, they are going to get their people wiped off of the map. And in my opinion, that's a tragedy, because Persians are great people for the most part.
One thing forgotten in this discussion is the hatred Iraq Has for Iran they do not get along so im sure Iraq would not specifically help them but wouldnt hurt them.
vundy33 Wrote:Ronald, when the hell did you come back?!

Anyway, some of my friends say the same thing you do, about logistics. Frankly, if Israel wants to do something bad enough, they'll do it, regardless of what anyone thinks. Israel is ahead of Iran when it comes to their military, except for number of troops, and I think it would be much harder for Iran to retaliate than it will be for Israel to attack.

To be honest, I just don't think Israel has the balls to do it without big brother (us) to bail them out. We cannot afford to do that this time. But if it does happen, it's just the beginning of the end in my opinion. There's to much hate on both sides for other countries to not get involved. But again, the only think that Arabs hate more than Jews is a Persian, so I don't think Arab countries will be so quick to lend a hand to Iran, especially if they'll lose support from us that they likely get.

If war does come, I think Iran bows down, quickly. Their people hate the government. If Iran's leaders do nut up and fight, they are going to get their people wiped off of the map. And in my opinion, that's a tragedy, because Persians are great people for the most part.

Here's my thinking. If Israel does decide to go it alone, I think you're statement goes in reverse. I think it is the United States that does not have the balls NOT to help them. Whomever it may be can talk all the big talk in public they want, there is way too much at stake for the US to let Israel go down the tubes. The US simply will not let that happen. Mark that one down.
vundy33 Wrote:Ronald, when the hell did you come back?!

I greatly respect your opinions vundy33, but I disagree with you on a few things. Israel has stated that they are willing to attack Iran without the United States. Furthermore, Prime Minister Netanyahu knows that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, it would mean that Israel would be destroyed.

I've mentioned this before multiple times, but Grant Jeffrey stated that he had a private interview with Netanyahu (before he was Prime Minister) in which Netanyahu stated that he knows it is "life and death" concerning Iran receiving a nuclear weapon. Netanyahu went on to say that if he was Prime Minister, he would never allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Therefore, when Netanyahu says that he's willing to bomb Iran without the United States, I believe he's telling the truth. President Ahmadinejad is a religious extremist who believes in creating chaos for the return of the Mahdi while killing as many Jews as possible. Ahmadinejad isn't a "secular" or "reasonable" person that us Americans are used to and, therefore, you can't negotiate with him. War is coming, whether it be Israel attacking Iran or Iran sending a nuclear weapon to Israel. The only way war isn't coming is if Iran doesn't retaliate (which I hope is what happens). Of course, there probably will be some form of retaliation (probably from Hezbollah or Hamas) simply because the surrounding Palestinians hate Israel with a passion.

Keep in mind of Hezbollah and Hamas. They will attack Israel along with Iran if Iran goes to war against Israel.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I greatly respect your opinions vundy33, but I disagree with you on a few things. Israel has stated that they are willing to attack Iran without the United States. Furthermore, Prime Minister Netanyahu knows that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon, it would mean that Israel would be destroyed.

I've mentioned this before multiple times, but Grant Jeffrey stated that he had a private interview with Netanyahu (before he was Prime Minister) in which Netanyahu stated that he knows it is "life and death" concerning Iran receiving a nuclear weapon. Netanyahu went on to say that if he was Prime Minister, he would never allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Therefore, when Netanyahu says that he's willing to bomb Iran without the United States, I believe he's telling the truth. President Ahmadinejad is a religious extremist who believes in creating chaos for the return of the Mahdi while killing as many Jews as possible. Ahmadinejad isn't a "secular" or "reasonable" person that us Americans are used to and, therefore, you can't negotiate with him. War is coming, whether it be Israel attacking Iran or Iran sending a nuclear weapon to Israel. The only way war isn't coming is if Iran doesn't retaliate (which I hope is what happens). Of course, there probably will be some form of retaliation (probably from Hezbollah or Hamas) simply because the surrounding Palestinians hate Israel with a passion.

Keep in mind of Hezbollah and Hamas. They will attack Israel along with Iran if Iran goes to war against Israel.
Vundy is correct, Israel doesn't have the balls to attack Iran, without the word that the US will back them. I'm sick and tired of sending our kids over there to fight. Let Israel take care of itself, if they want to start with Iran. We are broke, we can't afford to get into more sand fights, bible or no. I ,for one, am tired of the religious right to be so quick to be ready to send our kids over there. If they want to help Israel, they should enlist, put a helmut on, and get over there and help.
TheRealVille Wrote:Vundy is correct, Israel doesn't have the balls to attack Iran, without the word that the US will back them. I'm sick and tired of sending our kids over there to fight. Let Israel take care of itself, if they want to start with Iran. We are broke, we can't afford to get into more sand fights, bible or no. I ,for one, am tired of the religious right to be so quick to be ready to send our kids over there. If they want to help Israel, they should enlist, put a helmut on, and get over there and help.

I understand what you're saying, but first of all, we help Israel because they're our friends. Look at all of the wars that Israel has fought and I guarantee you that all of those wars were started by other countries. Israel is the only nation in the world that if they lose a single war - keep in mind it doesn't matter how many wars they win - then they face complete genocide of the entire Jewish population. As I have proven with examples in previous posts, the surrounding Islamists hate Israel with a passion. And if the Islamists ever conquer Israel, they will kill the entire Jewish population.

By protecting Israel, we protect an entire ethnic race from genocide. As long as Israel exists, they will always be in wars and will always need a good friend to help them. And of course, the part in the bible that says God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel is another factor I personally consider. However, it wouldn't matter because I believe the above point is good enough.

*EDIT: By the way, I truly believe Israel will somehow make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon, with or without the help of the United States. I'm not sure if they'll use air strikes or covert to sabotage Iran's plans, but it honestly is life and death for Israel to make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I understand what you're saying, but first of all, we help Israel because they're our friends. Look at all of the wars that Israel has fought and I guarantee you that all of those wars were started by other countries. Israel is the only nation in the world that if they lose a single war - keep in mind it doesn't matter how many wars they win - then they face complete genocide of the entire Jewish population. As I have proven with examples in previous posts, the surrounding Islamists hate Israel with a passion. And if the Islamists ever conquer Israel, they will kill the entire Jewish population.

By protecting Israel, we protect an entire ethnic race from genocide. As long as Israel exists, they will always be in wars and will always need a good friend to help them. And of course, the part in the bible that says God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel is another factor I personally consider. However, it wouldn't matter because I believe the above point is good enough.

*EDIT: By the way, I truly believe Israel will somehow make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon, with or without the help of the United States. I'm not sure if they'll use air strikes or covert to sabotage Iran's plans, but it honestly is life and death for Israel to make sure Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon.
How many wars has Israel helped us in over there? How old are you?
TheRealVille Wrote:How many wars has Israel helped us in over there? How old are you?

I'm not sure if Israel has helped us in any wars, and you're right to point that out. However, Israel is the only real ally we have in the Middle East and is the only stable (and non-radical) democracy in the Middle East as well. Israel has to protect itself from people who want to kill them, and I'm sure you would agree with me on that. If people in Mexico and Canada passionately hated us and wanted to kill us, it would be common sense to keep our troops here and secure our borders rather than sending them somewhere else. That's what Israel has to consider, and is an extreme detriment to their military.

But the point I made about the genocide of the Jewish people is, I personally think, a good enough reason to keep protecting Israel. Unfortunately, there are many other ethic groups around the world who currently face genocide and there are also many examples in history where we had an option to protect people from genocide and chose not to. If I can remember correctly, there was a genocide that occurred in Africa a few years ago and we had an option to help them, but chose not to. Tragically, those people were killed. We should have protected them, and today we have an option to protect Israel from genocide of the Jewish people. However, Israel is a place where we don't necessarily have to send troops to prevent genocide, but simply provide equipment for them.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I'm not sure if Israel has helped us in any wars, and you're right to point that out. However, Israel is the only real ally we have in the Middle East and is the only stable (and non-radical) democracy in the Middle East as well. Israel has to protect itself from people who want to kill them, and I'm sure you would agree with me on that. If people in Mexico and Canada passionately hated us and wanted to kill us, it would be common sense to keep our troops here and secure our borders rather than sending them somewhere else. That's what Israel has to consider, and is an extreme detriment to their military.

But the point I made about the genocide of the Jewish people is, I personally think, a good enough reason to keep protecting Israel. Unfortunately, there are many other ethic groups around the world who currently face genocide and there are also many examples in history where we had an option to protect people from genocide and chose not to. If I can remember correctly, there was a genocide that occurred in Africa a few years ago and we had an option to help them, but chose not to. Tragically, those people were killed. We should have protected them, and today we have an option to protect Israel from genocide of the Jewish people. However, Israel is a place where we don't necessarily have to send troops to prevent genocide, but simply provide equipment for them.
Are you young enough to enlist to help, if needed?
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you young enough to enlist to help, if needed?

Go ahead and assume I'm young. Big Grin

I suppose the two options would be either (1) me not helping protect Israel and letting the Jewish population be killed by "savage beasts" (as Hillary Clinton called them, and should have) or (2) risking my life to prevent "savage beasts" from committing genocide. Since the Jewish population is willing to keep their religion despite all of the treats against them, it would be wrong for me to not try to protect them. Of course, it's easy for me to say that in the comfort of America.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Go ahead and assume I'm young. Big Grin

I suppose the two options would be either (1) me not helping protect Israel and letting the Jewish population be killed by "savage beasts" (as Hillary Clinton called them, and should have) or (2) risking my life to prevent "savage beasts" from committing genocide. Since the Jewish population is willing to keep their religion despite all of the treats against them, it would be wrong for me to not try to protect them. Of course, it's easy for me to say that in the comfort of America.
My point.
TheRealVille, the problem concerning Israel isn't that we're protecting Israel. The problem is that "savage beasts" exist and want to kill innocent people. It's a horrible thing to have soldiers fight, but there are "savage beasts" in the Middle East who force our troops to fight.

The way to solve this problem is to defeat radical Islam. We shouldn't consider not helping Israel.

By the way, I just remembered something. Radical Islam teaches that they should continue attacking non-Muslims and even moderate Muslims until the entire world is made of radical Muslims. So if they destroy Israel, they'll simply come after us and Europe.
TheRealVille Wrote:Are you young enough to enlist to help, if needed?

My fear with Isreal-Iran, ;isn't is he older enough to ENLIST.... but is he fit enough to be DRAFTED? Because if (and I doubt it will happen) they go to war... its gonna be a BIG one.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:The way to solve this problem is to defeat radical Islam. We shouldn't consider not helping Israel.

By the way, I just remembered something. Radical Islam teaches that they should continue attacking non-Muslims and even moderate Muslims until the entire world is made of radical Muslims. So if they destroy Israel, they'll simply come after us and Europe.

How do you defeat a theological position? a mindset?

And you say that IF they destroy Israel, they'll come after us.... Do you remember a Tuesday morning in September?
ronald reagan Wrote:How do you defeat a theological position? a mindset?

And you say that IF they destroy Israel, they'll come after us.... Do you remember a Tuesday morning in September?
It's impossible.
TheRealVille Wrote:How many wars has Israel helped us in over there? How old are you?

This is a loaded question. Israel wasn't even reborn (in fulfillment of prophesy BTW) until 1948. WWII was over by that time and since they have been predictably reliable allies joining the coalition of forces in the Gulf War and other disputes. The US encourages Israel to take a low profile approach when offering to aid our forces.
ronald reagan Wrote:How do you defeat a theological position? a mindset?

That's a very good point to mention ronald reagan. However, imagine the amount of focus we'll receive once Israel is put out of the way. I would argue that radical Islam will primarily focus on the "Great Satan" (us) and then Europe.

Radical Islam can be defeated like any other false religion - by telling the truth. Radical Islam has spread because they threaten their enemies to either convert to Islam or be killed. I would argue that Christianity has spread and became the largest religion (and still has the largest conversion rate) because it's the truth. Christianity replaced emperor-worship in the Roman empire, and it can certainly replace the hate-filled religion of radical Islam. As a matter of fact, Grant Jeffrey told a story where an Islamic terrorist was about to commit a terrorist attack when he happened to read one of Grant Jeffrey's books. He read about how Jesus had fulfilled messianic prophecies from the old testament and, therefore, believed for himself that Jesus was the messiah. I don't know his name, but I've heard that he goes to different shows and talks about radical Islam.

TheRealThing Wrote:This is a loaded question. Israel wasn't even reborn (in fulfillment of prophesy BTW) until 1948. WWII was over by that time and since they have been predictably reliable allies joining the coalition of forces in the Gulf War and other disputes. The US encourages Israel to take a low profile approach when offering to aid our forces.

+100 points for mentioning bible prophecy!!! :1:
TheRealThing Wrote:This is a loaded question. Israel wasn't even reborn (in fulfillment of prophesy BTW) until 1948. WWII was over by that time and since they have been predictably reliable allies joining the coalition of forces in the Gulf War and other disputes. The US encourages Israel to take a low profile approach when offering to aid our forces.

Israel wasn't part of the coalition in the first gulf war. they patrolled northern iraq for about a day unilaterally, before withdrawing at the request of bush. and i'm not sure that they've ever backed up since. or prior for that matter.

After checking the sources, looks like Israel has never backed the United States in battle.
Pages: 1 2