Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Romney releases 2011 tax return, paid 14.1 percent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking to blunt relentless Democratic attacks, Mitt Romney on Friday released his 2011 tax return, a summary of his effective tax rates for the past two decades and, for good measure, two doctor's notes attesting to the good physical health of the candidate and his running mate, Paul Ryan.

The tax return was released at 3 p.m. ET on the website http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure. Ahead of the release, the former Massachusetts governor's campaign released a blog post summarizing the document.

Releasing information on a Friday afternoon is traditionally a way to reduce the amount of media exposure.

The move fulfills a promise Romney made earlier in the 2012 presidential campaign. But it was unlikely to quiet Democratic criticisms that Romney has failed to live up to a standard set by his father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, who released 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in 1968.

The Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 of mostly investment income for an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent. (The Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 20.5 percent in 2011, a lower rate than the president's secretary, according to the White House.)

Romney, who is thought to have a personal fortune in the neighborhood of $250 million, gave $4,020,772 to charity, 30 percent of their income. (The Obamas gave 21.8 percent of their income to charity.)

The blog post, written by the manager of Romney's blind trust since 2003, R. Bradford Malt, said the Romneys had filed their 2011 tax return with the IRS Friday morning. It also indicated that the Romneys' tax preparer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, would provide a letter summarizing the tax rates that the Romneys paid from 1990 to 2009.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romne...ction.html
Boom.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom.
Boom, he pays about a half of what you pay.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom.

TheRealVille Wrote:Boom, he pays about a half of what you pay.

Wow Run, you paid almost 4 million in taxes!?
I have worked in tax and am pretty familiar with this stuff. Guys, there is nothing wrong with this. Investment income is taxed at a lower rate than ordinary wages.
TheRealVille Wrote:Boom, he pays about a half of what you pay.
"Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return. Show us the tax return."

Mitt Romney releases tax return.

"Uhhhh, He doesn't pay enough."
TheRealThing Wrote:Wow Run, you paid almost 4 million in taxes!?

it's % that's what he is talking about :please:
vector Wrote:it's % that's what he is talking about :please:

Uh, he paid a higher % than your Liar in Chief.

How about those questions today Heckle? You going to enlighten us all today or are you going to ignore them again?

How bout it Big Talker?
WideRight05 Wrote:I have worked in tax and am pretty familiar with this stuff. Guys, there is nothing wrong with this. Investment income is taxed at a lower rate than ordinary wages.

That's exactly right. And it applies to those in all wage brackets. Evidently Heckle is just not smart enough to take advantage of the tax laws that apply to everybody.
Boom was referring to the fact that after all of the whining of people wanting to see his tax returns, which IMO, are private, it's funny that he pays a pretty good sum of money, and more than 99% of Americans dollars wise.

Im still waiting to see a real birth certificate Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:Wow Run, you paid almost 4 million in taxes!?

Being a Mod on BGR pays well......Confusednicker:
A summary for the last 20 years? LOL.

Just release them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom was referring to the fact that after all of the whining of people wanting to see his tax returns, which IMO, are private, it's funny that he pays a pretty good sum of money, and more than 99% of Americans dollars wise.

Im still waiting to see a real birth certificate Confusednicker:

HE released his Birth Certificate.

How about more than 2 years of tax returns? Maybe 10?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:HE released his Birth Certificate.

How about college transcripts and financial aid applications?

How bout them? It shouldn't be any big deal to cough them up if everything is on the up and up. Right?

He release a birth certificate, a lot of people still have questions about it. Again, the IRS ain't no slouch when it comes to making sure rich people "pay their fair share" if there had been anything of interest they would have seen it. Somebody broke into his lawyer's office and stole some records. I'd bet the ranch they would stoop to breaking and entering to try to get something to pin on Romney. Hello, there is nothing, get over it.
I'd like to see the marriage license for his parents. I've always suspected that Bucky was born "without the benefit of clergy".
TheRealThing Wrote:He release a birth certificate, a lot of people still have questions about it. Again, the IRS ain't no slouch when it comes to making sure rich people "pay their fair share" if there had been anything of interest they would have seen it. Somebody broke into his lawyer's office and stole some records. I'd bet the ranch they would stoop to breaking and entering to try to get something to pin on Romney. Hello, there is nothing, get over it.
He released the legal, long form certificate, from the state in which he was born. You think he could be allowed to be President if he didn't show the proper people the right documentation? You right wing conspiracy people are not the proper people. Nuff said....
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh, he paid a higher % than your Liar in Chief.

How about those questions today Heckle? You going to enlighten us all today or are you going to ignore them again?

How bout it Big Talker?

your president paid 20.5% taxs in 2001

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/13/...s-20120414
TheRealVille Wrote:He released the legal, long form certificate, from the state in which he was born. You think he could be allowed to be President if he didn't show the [B]proper people the right documentation[/B]? You right wing conspiracy people are not the proper people. Nuff said....
:yes:
vector Wrote:your president paid 20.5% taxs in 2001

Big deal, Mitt Romney has paid over 7 dollars for every 1 dollar Obama has paid.
TheRealVille Wrote:He released the legal, long form certificate, from the state in which he was born. You think he could be allowed to be President if he didn't show the proper people the right documentation? You right wing conspiracy people are not the proper people. Nuff said....

LOL, now how would I be able to have valid doubts about the president's country of birth? It's a nasty and aggrevating nuisance issue that many other folks have raised. I don't know since I wasn't present for his birth but, you know what they say, "where there's smoke there's fire.

http://www.infowars.com/obama-birth-cert...t-answers/
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I'd like to see the marriage license for his parents. I've always suspected that Bucky was born "without the benefit of clergy".

HA! If you haven't seen it already I encourage you to watch 2016: Obama's America...you'll learn a few interesting things about his parents lol.

Confusednicker:

As TRT said he realeased A birth certificate.
vector Wrote:your president paid 20.5% taxs in 2001

And Romey's topped that when you figure in the charitable donations he made. It all counts Heckle. Besides I could care less what any president payed in any year Heckle. It has no bearing on anything....... Zero....zilch....nada

I would like to know the answer to the questions I proposed to you though.

How about it?
^ This poster is offensive!!!!!!!!! He states facts!!!!!!!
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, now how would I be able to have valid doubts about the president's country of birth? It's a nasty and aggrevating nuisance issue that many other folks have raised. I don't know since I wasn't present for his birth but, you know what they say, "where there's smoke there's fire.

http://www.infowars.com/obama-birth-cert...t-answers/
Did you question McCain's country of birth when you voted for him? I guess I had too high of expectations of your honesty, TRT. Of course, I should have went with my gut feeling, of my thoughts about the honesty of most religious people. I won't make that mistake again. You are typical.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

As TRT said he realeased A birth certificate.

Check this out from the link I posted above;

At the center of the storm is the argument about whether the fact that Obama’s father was born in Kenya, which is confirmed on the document released by the White House today, makes Obama ineligible to become president because he is not a “natural born citizen” of the United States.

Since the American people have been habitually lied to about everything under the sun, with trust in government at an all time low, a PDF file put out directly by the Obama administration itself isn’t going to make the furore die down at all, and will only lead to claims that the document is a carefully crafted fake.
TheRealVille Wrote:Did you question McCain's country of birth when you voted for him?

:hilarious: Is not McCain a decorated war hero and a former prisoner of war? BTW one doesn't get to become an officer in the US military without proof beyond suspicion regarding one's background to include birth information of him and his family.
TheRealThing Wrote::hilarious: Is not McCain a decorated war hero and a former prisoner of war? BTW one doesn't get to become an officer in the US military without proof beyond suspicion regarding one's background to include birth information of him and his family.
Was he born out of this country?
TheRealThing Wrote:Check this out from the link I posted above;

At the center of the storm is the argument about whether the fact that Obama’s father was born in Kenya, which is confirmed on the document released by the White House today, makes Obama ineligible to become president because he is not a “natural born citizen” of the United States.

Since the American people have been habitually lied to about everything under the sun, with trust in government at an all time low, a PDF file put out directly by the Obama administration itself isn’t going to make the furore die down at all, and will only lead to claims that the document is a carefully crafted fake.

Just curious what would happen if it was proven that he wasn't born in the states.
Im a conspiracy guy....

Could we imprison him, etc....
Pages: 1 2