Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Co 59 Letcher County Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
This is the type of wins i have expected for the past couple of weeks.

The Knox-Russell game should be a dandy.
I have tried to keep my mouth shut and be supportive all season. But I have had it. I am so tired of hearing we are young ,and I am not concerned with this season. I am trying to build up the team Fine, then do it with your middle school programs . You have maybe 12 players that understand f-ball.you have to play them both sides of ball, and make substitutions when needed on downs to give players break.coach never makes adjustments on defense during game. Let's ball go to outside each time with no one there that has the experience to make the stop. Offensive line is huge, but little blicking. Coach has taken all their hearts by keep telling them I don't care about this year. I am looking at the future . I hate to tell you but 1 or 2 years of just sticking any little Tommy out there is going to produce boys who don't want to play for a losing program. Are you not the one that said this isn't Little League where everyone gets to play. If you are a coach , you take your BEST and play them. Let others get experience in JV that's what it is for. You also said that Russell co. Could wear down
Where they have some boys play both sides . I didn't see that. Last year this was our first game without Logan, I believe before halftime we held them to mostly field goals. What has happened to defense. I don't think that I have seen any this year. Look at opponents scoring . Where is the fire from the coaches I see NONE. No wonder the boys can't be motivated. For once, can you tell the boys and public WE ARE GOING TO WIN NOT We Will Try to make a good showing
Thought the boys came out and played alot better last night. Mann was 17-24 passing. Britt had a good game as usual! Williams had another long field goal. Lethcher County Central's facilities are very nice! I think they are better than many of the small colleges in the state. I also found their fans to be friendly and welcoming. I had a great time at the game even if I had to ride a bus 3hrs there and 3hrs back!
Good win for Russell. Letcher's place is awesome. The season starts next Friday.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Thought the boys came out and played alot better last night. Mann was 17-24 passing. Britt had a good game as usual! Williams had another long field goal. Lethcher County Central's facilities are very nice! I think they are better than many of the small colleges in the state. I also found their fans to be friendly and welcoming. I had a great time at the game even if I had to ride a bus 3hrs there and 3hrs back!
Preacher is right. Great facilities and warm hospitality. We appreciate the hospitality from the LCC fans.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Good win for Russell. Letcher's place is awesome. The season starts next Friday.

Agreed, now the Pre-Season is done, time to get down to business. This was the kind of game that is expected of the Lakers. From my understanding, Britt had close to 250 yards combined, and several Lakers scored. We have a team that has many quality weapons and if all are hitting can play with any 4A team in the state. The down side to that is that if we're not hitting on all cylinders we quickly become an average team with an exceptional back. Looking forward to Rock.......something tells me this game won't come down to a 2-point conversion in OT.
I think Letcher may have more bleacher coaches than any school in the state Confusednicker:
I have retired for coaching from bleacher. I have been well behaved so far. I learned my lesson last time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Letcher may have more bleacher coaches than any school in the state Confusednicker:
And one of them is the Super..and therein lies a problem.
Congrats to RC!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Letcher may have more bleacher coaches than any school in the state Confusednicker:

Their bleacher coaches could probably outcoach the real "coach". Wouldn't take much, obviously...
LCC had a nice crowd for homecoming and the crowd was extremely hospitable. Long trip was well worth it to experience their top notch field and facilities (just beautiful). LCC has a young team with very few seniors. Good luck the rest of season.
Most of the "bleacher coaches", and I use that term loosely, couldn't coach their way to the house if there wasn't lines on the road. The only intention these "people" have is to run off another good coach. If they succeed, LCC will become an even bigger joke in the athletic community than it already is.
Where do you get a young team. Our two best players are tyree and Keaston. Take them off the team and we got nothing next year. We will not win two games next year either. We will not win until the 6 grade team is juniors or seniors. I mean heck this new coach is not building anything his four best freshman are goin to jenkins next year. This is an embarassment.
How many of those bleacher coaches have a state championship ring? Rains has won every where he has been.Given time he will do the same at Letcher Central.
Did assistant coach Perkins resign after this game
Former cougar Wrote:I have tried to keep my mouth shut and be supportive all season. But I have had it. I am so tired of hearing we are young ,and I am not concerned with this season. I am trying to build up the team Fine, then do it with your middle school programs . You have maybe 12 players that understand f-ball.you have to play them both sides of ball, and make substitutions when needed on downs to give players break.coach never makes adjustments on defense during game. Let's ball go to outside each time with no one there that has the experience to make the stop. Offensive line is huge, but little blicking. Coach has taken all their hearts by keep telling them I don't care about this year. I am looking at the future . I hate to tell you but 1 or 2 years of just sticking any little Tommy out there is going to produce boys who don't want to play for a losing program. Are you not the one that said this isn't Little League where everyone gets to play. If you are a coach , you take your BEST and play them. Let others get experience in JV that's what it is for. You also said that Russell co. Could wear down
Where they have some boys play both sides . I didn't see that. Last year this was our first game without Logan, I believe before halftime we held them to mostly field goals. What has happened to defense. I don't think that I have seen any this year. Look at opponents scoring . Where is the fire from the coaches I see NONE. No wonder the boys can't be motivated. For once, can you tell the boys and public WE ARE GOING TO WIN NOT We Will Try to make a good showing
How about you just keep your mouth shut like you did last week when LCC won?
played a tough schedue dont hang your heads, no one in eastern ky played a harder one than Letcher,Cent.
E's Army whats funny is I kno of four state championships sitting up in the bleachers. HAHAHAHAHA
Well I hope that Coach Perkins did not resign he is the only coach on that staff that gives two figs about any of those kids. I really feel for the seniors on this team this year. They know they have all been tossed aside for the betterment of LCC football. I blame the whole administration at central office. I personally think they should worry about running the school system and keep their noses out of the sports programs. I for one would rather have Terry Howard coaching those boys as this joker we have now. The boy's would play for him at least and he does not have a problem with where these kids come from. Everyone gave coach whitaker so much grief, at least he treated those kids all the same. He wanted to win and rains telling these kids oh we will make a good showing is bull crap.
cowboy, the sports programs at LCC are school programs. School programs are administered by school administration in the central office.. always has..always will. The sports programs have never been independent. Does Terry Howard have head coaching experience on the high school level?Some of the football parents need to understand that this is a rebuilding year. With the loss of talent to graduation and the abundance of inexperienced players combined with an incredibly tough schedule, the type of season they want was impossible. The armchair coaching, the complaining, and the pure hostility from the parents has just made a rough year more rough. Realistic expectations on their behalf would have made this transition easier on all, especially their children.
Terry Howard may not have coaching experience on the high school level, but he has experience on what makes kids tick. Sometimes that is better than the x and o's of the game..it is called motivation and appreciation for hard work.
He is from Letcher County and these other jokers are not. He has pride in his community. Enough said.
Coach Rains.... I hope stays and builds a credible program on and off the field that the Letcher County school system can be proud of.. but we must have continuity from pee wee to the high school level.
mountaincat Wrote:cowboy, the sports programs at LCC are school programs. School programs are administered by school administration in the central office.. always has..always will. The sports programs have never been independent. Does Terry Howard have head coaching experience on the high school level?Some of the football parents need to understand that this is a rebuilding year. With the loss of talent to graduation and the abundance of inexperienced players combined with an incredibly tough schedule, the type of season they want was impossible. The armchair coaching, the complaining, and the pure hostility from the parents has just made a rough year more rough. Realistic expectations on their behalf would have made this transition easier on all, especially their children.
This is the most articulate, and educated thing I have ever read on this forum.