Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bobby Petrino
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seen on espn that after the wku loss Kentucky may be looking at bringing him in as the new coach.
Lets hope so!
Ive been saying this since he left Arkansas.
I don't like the move if it is made it is like when Louisville took Pitino.

Yes, he is a good coach but he brings ALOT of baggage with him.
Give him a second chance.
Petrino has had legitimate issues, but UK is not exempt from bringing in coaches with baggage. I would welcome him and all his girlfriends.
I would take him...
But Tressel is also available.

I want to see the blue sweater vest.
Dang, Tressel or Petrino. Both great coaches. I like Tressel better just because I think he's a better person.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Give him a second chance.

correction, a 3rd chance. don't forget about atlanta

UK would be better off with Butch Davis
zaga_fan Wrote:I would take him...

Tressel is not available for I think 4 more seasons. NCAA punishment
Westside Wrote:Dang, Tressel or Petrino. Both great coaches. I like Tressel better just because I think he's a better person.

The better person is not always the best person. I think Tressels record speaks for itself. He knows what it takes to get to the National Championship and I think Petrino is still searching..Either one would make a great Head Coach at UK.
Westside Wrote:Dang, Tressel or Petrino. Both great coaches. I like Tressel better just because I think he's a better person.

Tressel's style has ZERO chance of working at UK in the SEC. Petrino would be great for UK with young QB's Max Smith and Pat Towles.

there both liers, so which one do u trust more,i know every one has done it, and everyone deserves another chance,if i had to choice i guess i would go with Bobby, because his offense is alot better...
toussaints Wrote:Tressel is not available for I think 4 more seasons. NCAA punishment

thats what i put somewehre, i think hes on 5 yr band..
zaga_fan Wrote:I would take him...

I want to see the blue sweater vest.

toussaints Wrote:Tressel is not available for I think 4 more seasons. NCAA punishment

Wow, I forgot all about Tressel! Tressel would be a short term solution because he would likely look to leave, but if he would be allowed to coach, I'd take him in a heartbeat! Even if we had to take bowl sanctions, it would be nice to get him in to start rebuilding the program.

We need someone who can recruit the midwest. Let's face it, KY is not a big recruiting state, thus getting someone who can hit OH, MI and PA could really be a great plus for the program!
cuppett777 Wrote:there both liers, so which one do u trust more,i know every one has done it, and everyone deserves another chance,if i had to choice i guess i would go with Bobby, because his offense is alot better...

True, but I think Tressel is less dishonest than Petrino if that makes sense.
I don't like it. I did at first, but I just don't. He coached Louisville, our enemy. I don't want to take their sloppy seconds like they did ours with Pitino.

But, I would take it. I just want to win. I think we should try to get someone else as qualified first though, with NO limit on the money.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, I forgot all about Tressel! Tressel would be a short term solution because he would likely look to leave, but if he would be allowed to coach, I'd take him in a heartbeat! Even if we had to take bowl sanctions, it would be nice to get him in to start rebuilding the program.

We need someone who can recruit the midwest. Let's face it, KY is not a big recruiting state, thus getting someone who can hit OH, MI and PA could really be a great plus for the program!

I'm not sure if he would be able to coach or not, but it would be awesome if he could at UK. We would be able to get him for a discount price too.
I dont see Petrino as sloppy seconds. He left for a better program at Arkansas.

We have to seal the deal on this guy.
Surely to God not!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont see Petrino as sloppy seconds. He left for a better program at Arkansas.

We have to seal the deal on this guy.

No he didn't he left for Atlanta an over zealous move to the NFL then he ended up at Arkansas.

I'm not going to lie everyone I think he is a great coach and would be able to move us in the right direction however, I think there are other coaches out there who can do that for us besides him. But he is the easiest hire to make, fact of the matter is we need to jump ship on this season and make a hire NOW. If that's Petrino I would live with it and root him on as I have every other coach at UK through the good and the bad. The thing with Joker though the bad just keeps on getting worse and its time to say sooo long pal. However, I do think we should keep him on as a WR's coach because he is a proven one on one kind of guy.
^
Forgot about the Atlanta thing. Brain fart for a second.

However, how many college coaches wouldnt take millions and go to the NFL for a chance?? You can bet you ass Joker would ditch us even if he was winning.

Petrino is the best option for us to get.

In your opinion, who else woiuld you consider?
^ Pete Carroll is a perfect example of leaving a school to go to the NFL to make millions
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Pete Carroll is a perfect example of leaving a school to go to the NFL to make millions

Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier as well.
All GOOD coaches have done it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Forgot about the Atlanta thing. Brain fart for a second.

However, how many college coaches wouldnt take millions and go to the NFL for a chance?? You can bet you ass Joker would ditch us even if he was winning.

Petrino is the best option for us to get.

In your opinion, who else woiuld you consider?

In no particular order.

Bama D Coord. Kirby Smart
Oregon O Coach Mark Helfrich
Louisiana Monroe Head Coach Todd Berry
Skip Holtz from USF (son of Lou)
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:In no particular order.

Bama D Coord. Kirby Smart
Oregon O Coach Mark Helfrich
Louisiana Monroe Head Coach Todd Berry
Skip Holtz from USF (son of Lou)

Any of them and 1000 more before Petrino
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Pete Carroll is a perfect example of leaving a school to go to the NFL to make millions

And AVOID NCAA Violations
I dont believe we have ever been fortunate enough to hire a coach that has taken not one, but two medicre programs and turned them into conference championship and BCS bowl contenders?? I have seen him interviewed recently and he seems to be very humbled and sincerely apologetic about the bad decisions he made at Arkansas. He seems determined to change and if given another chance make things right as a coach and as a person. This guy would be a great hire for UK IMO, give him a 2nd chance to redeem himself, this is America we believe in 2nd chances and its not like he has committed some kind of heinous crime. I believe this guy is the best chance we have to at least make us very competitive in the SEC, dominate our weak out of conference schedule and get us back bowling consistently!!!

P.S. And also sell out Commonwealth stadium consistently!!!
I don't like him but I could live with Petrino. I'd like to see them really go for a coach with a national profile and go after Jon Gruden. He's very popular and I think that would help him overcome his lack of recruiting experience. He'd be super expensive to get but he doesn't carry the baggage Petrino does and he would pack the stands.
Kentucky needs changes bad and whether you like petrino or not he can make Ky a winning team. Alot of coaches can go to a Florida and have success. IMO there's a handful that can go to Ky and have success and petrino is one of those. We'll have to wait and see what happens but i'm hoping for petrino.
Pages: 1 2 3