Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 20 Glasgow 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Glasgow. Somerset improves to 4-1 on the season, Glasgow is shut out for the second week in a row and drops to 4-2.
Somerset's defense seems to be very suffocating!
McCameraMan Wrote:Somerset's defense seems to be very suffocating!

The Briar Jumper defense is excellent. The offense has got to clean up the penalties, bad snaps etc or the next 3 weeks could be rough. Good road win though.
^ They'll figure it out. Congrats Jumpers.
Congrats to Somerset!
Somerset is 4-1 ( 2-1) in last 3 games. Last year they were 1-2 aganist these Teams, so this Somerset Team is pretty good. Def. Win's Championships, I believe this with all my heart. The drive with Hatcher at QB looked smooth. If Somerset can get a handle on snaps, holding calls and missed extra pts. This Team will go far in the playoffs. Keep working and get better each week, and to get healthy will help.
Nice bounce back game for Jumpers.
What a great atmosphere at Glasgow. Fans were so welcoming, facilities were gorgeous, food was great and their announcer is the most thorough I have ever heard.

Good win for Somerset. Completely dominating performance by the Somerset defense. Other than that long ball Megargle knocked down, Glasgow really never came close to scoring. Offense still has a few kinks...ball got put on the ground too many times, snapping has GOT to improve. Play calling was definitely better and more varied than it has been so far. Mixed it up a lot more. Somerset is kinda beat up right now. Will Hinton has an obvious limp during the game and Will Lange had a pretty bad concussion. Not sure on his status for next week but it is iffy.
Dumpster Diving Wrote:What a great atmosphere at Glasgow. Fans were so welcoming, facilities were gorgeous, food was great and their announcer is the most thorough I have ever heard.

Good win for Somerset. Completely dominating performance by the Somerset defense. Other than that long ball Megargle knocked down, Glasgow really never came close to scoring. Offense still has a few kinks...ball got put on the ground too many times, snapping has GOT to improve. Play calling was definitely better and more varied than it has been so far. Mixed it up a lot more. Somerset is kinda beat up right now. Will Hinton has an obvious limp during the game and Will Lange had a pretty bad concussion. Not sure on his status for next week but it is iffy.

You all do realize that Somerset has started their second string center for two straight games, a young man that had never seen a varsity snap prior to the Breathitt County game right? Hayden Fox has done an admirable job in replacing Jon Perdue for two games, however I am told that Perdue will be back on Monday. Long snapping is Will Hinton, and his gimp ankle has hurt him in that area. Jumpers improved Friday, but the identity is not one of a team that will hang a large number of points on teams. They can clock control, play great defense and win ball games in this way. A win is a win not matter how it gets done.
Congrats Somerset.
I heard Glasgow's facilities and fans were very top notch.. Glad to hear
Great place to play Football, Real nice.
Glasgow have grass or turf field?
It was a grass field but it was Bermuda cut to about half an inch... The best natural surface I've ever seen in high school