Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: FreakNasty's 2006 NFL Mock Draft Round 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's do her good fellows!!!!!

THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!

Round 2 projections coming tommorrow night!!!!!

1. Houston Texans
Needs: Defensive Line, Offensive Line
Pick: (Reggie Bush RB, USC)

2. Oakland Raiders (from Saints) (Raiders trade the 7th pick, 38th pick, and 69th pick in 2006 draft)
Needs: Quarterback, Defensive Tackle,
Pick: (Vincent Young QB, Texas)

3. Tennessee Titans
Needs: Quarterback, Linebackers
Pick: Matthew Leinart QB, USC)

4. New York Jets
Needs: Offensive Line, Quarterback
Pick: (D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia)

5. Green Bay Packers
Needs: Linebacker, Offensive Line
Pick: (AJ Hawk LB, Ohio. St. )

6. San Fransisco 49ers
Needs: Linebacker, Defensive Line
Pick: (Mario Williams DE, N.C. State)

7. New Orleans Saints
Needs: Defensive Tackle, Offensive Line
Pick: (Michael Huff CB/S, Texas)

8. Buffalo Bills
Pick: (Haloti Ngata DT, Oregon)

9. Detroit Lions
Pick: (Jay Culter QB, Vanderbilt)

10. Arizona Cardinals
Needs: Quarterback, Offensive Line
Pick: (Vernon Davis TE, Maryland)

11. St. Louis Rams
Needs: Defensive Line, Tight End
Pick: (Brodrick Bunkley DT, Florida St.)

12. Cleveland Browns
Needs: Defensive Line, Linebackers
Pick: (Chad Greenway LB, Iowa)

13. Baltimore Ravens
Needs: Defensive and Offensive Line
Pick: (Winston Justice OT, USC)

14. Philadelphia Eagles
Needs: Wide Receiver, Linebacker
Pick: (Ernie Sims LB, Florida St.)

15. Denver Broncos
Needs: Wide Receiver, Defensive End
Pick: (Chad Jackson WR, Florida)

16. Miami Dolphins
Needs: Cornerback, Linebacker
Pick: (Jimmy Williams CB, Virginia Tech)

17. Minnesota Vikings
Needs: Linebacker, Quarterback
Pick: (Manny Lawson DT/LB, N.C. State)

18. Dallas Cowboys
Needs: Safety, Defensive Tackle
Pick: (Jason Allen S, Tennessee)

19. San Diego Chargers
Needs: Defensive Tackle, Cornerback
Pick: (Tye Hill CB, Clemson)

20. Kansas City Chiefs
Needs: Cornerback, Wide Receiver
Pick: (Kamerion Wimbley DE, Florida St.)

21. New England Patriots
Needs: Wide Receiver, Cornerback
Pick: (Santonio Holmes WR, Ohio St.)

22. San Fransisco 49ers
Needs: Linebacker, Defensive Line
Pick: (Johnathan Joseph CB, South Carolina)

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Needs: Cornerback, Linebacker
Pick: (Ashton Youboty CB, Ohio St.)

24. Cincinnati Bengals
Needs: Cornerback, Defensive End
Pick: (Mathias Kiwanuka DE, Boston College)

25. New York Giants
Needs: Linebacker, Defensive Tackle
Pick: (Bobby Carpenter LB, Ohio St.)

26. Chicago Bears
Needs: Cornerback, Wide Receiver
Pick: (Richard Marshall CB, Fresno St.)

27. Carolina Panthers
Needs: Running back, Linebacker
Pick: (LenDale White RB, USC)

28. Jacksonville Jaguars
Needs: Running Back, Linebacker
Pick: (DeMeco Ryans LB, Alabama)

29. New York Jets
Needs: Offensive Line, Quarterback
Pick: (Laurence Maroney RB, Minnesota)

30. Indianapolis Colts
Needs: Running Back, Linebacker
Pick: (DeAngelo Williams RB, Memphis)

31. Seattle Seahawks
Needs: Defensive End, Cornerback
Pick: (Tamba Hall DE, Penn St.)

32. Pittsburgh Steelers
Needs: Wide Receiver, Safety
Pick: (Donte Whittner S, Ohio St.)
I hope your right about Oakland, trading up.
I doubt that about oakland cos they just signed aaron brooks i think they might get a quaterback in the second round like brody croyle who has a cannon for an arm or charlie whitehurst who has good genes cos his father played quaterback in the NFL but from what im reading right now they are saying whitehurst will develop into a good quaterback but in his combine workouts he had just come off of shoulder surgery so thats why he is projected as a second rounder.
Looks good FreakNasty, i would say there is a good possibility that oakland will trade up into the 2nd spot because they need a QB and i dont think that Aaron Brooks will be any good.
Looks pretty good Freak!
You forgot that the Bengals need a tight end, and I don't think they'll take a defensive end in the first round, although I do believe they'll eventually take a defensive end. I believe they should take Gabe Watson in the first round, then a corner in the second, a defensive end in the third, then a tight end in the fourth. Watson would help stop the run, as well as getting pressure on the QB (not as much as an end, but still some), then a corner in the second would help cover the pass, and a defensive end in the third would also help pressure the QB and stop the run, then a tight end in the fourth
BFritz Wrote:You forgot that the Bengals need a tight end, and I don't think they'll take a defensive end in the first round, although I do believe they'll eventually take a defensive end. I believe they should take Gabe Watson in the first round, then a corner in the second, a defensive end in the third, then a tight end in the fourth. Watson would help stop the run, as well as getting pressure on the QB (not as much as an end, but still some), then a corner in the second would help cover the pass, and a defensive end in the third would also help pressure the QB and stop the run, then a tight end in the fourth

Granted that they just signed Adams, which I think another solid first round defensive tackle would make their line great, which, in turn, would make the whole defense better
BFritz Wrote:You forgot that the Bengals need a tight end, and I don't think they'll take a defensive end in the first round, although I do believe they'll eventually take a defensive end. I believe they should take Gabe Watson in the first round, then a corner in the second, a defensive end in the third, then a tight end in the fourth. Watson would help stop the run, as well as getting pressure on the QB (not as much as an end, but still some), then a corner in the second would help cover the pass, and a defensive end in the third would also help pressure the QB and stop the run, then a tight end in the fourth

They need defensive help more than they need a Tight end, it's about value, and there will not be a tight end worthy of seleciton at #24.....

Watson is a mid-second rounder IMO....

On a side note, my second round projections will be pushed back, hopefully can get that done sometime this week....
FreakNasty Wrote:They need defensive help more than they need a Tight end, it's about value, and there will not be a tight end worthy of seleciton at #24.....

Watson is a mid-second rounder IMO....

On a side note, my second round projections will be pushed back, hopefully can get that done sometime this week....

I agree that they need defensive help, but I thought your needs meant the whole draft, not just the first round. I do think they need a tight end after they pick up some defenders.

Re-thinking this, I'd go a d-end in round 1, hope Watson's still around in round 2, take a corner in round 3 (assuming there's one worth taking, which I don't know how there wouldn't be), and a tight end in round 4 (there will be pretty many solid ones left).
BFritz Wrote:I agree that they need defensive help, but I thought your needs meant the whole draft, not just the first round. I do think they need a tight end after they pick up some defenders.

Re-thinking this, I'd go a d-end in round 1, hope Watson's still around in round 2, take a corner in round 3 (assuming there's one worth taking, which I don't know how there wouldn't be), and a tight end in round 4 (there will be pretty many solid ones left).

If Pope or Lewis at TE are available in the second round, it'd carry great value, both are undervalued IMO...

Defensive Tackle is one of those positions where you can find a pretty serviceable guy later in the draft. Unless they are really high on Watson, I think they can find someone comparable in the second day...
FreakNasty Wrote:If Pope or Lewis at TE are available in the second round, it'd carry great value, both are undervalued IMO...

Defensive Tackle is one of those positions where you can find a pretty serviceable guy later in the draft. Unless they are really high on Watson, I think they can find someone comparable in the second day...

I'd take a corner before a tight end. The offense needs a new tight end, but they're a great offense even if they stayed the way they are. Defense needs help WAY before the offense