Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clint Eastwood On Gay Marriage: Leave Everybody Alone And Let Them Get Married
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God love him, I really liked him before he went senile....Confusednicker:
He cracks me up. Love almost all his movies .
23, with all due respect. He was certainly not pushing or stumping for gay marriage in his comments. In fact, Ellen put the words in his mouth, for the most part. She said he was in favor of gay marriage. In response, he didn't say yes I am, leave everybody alone and let them get married. He didn't even come close to saying that. What he did say was that "the libertarian position, is to stay out of people's lives. You'd think the government would have more important things to worry about." He dodged the set up pretty artfully, if you ask me, (and I know you didn't) When I saw the thread title I thought he said he supported gay marriage. When in fact, he just steers clear of the issue.
TheRealThing Wrote:23, with all due respect. He was certainly not pushing or stumping for gay marriage in his comments. In fact, Ellen put the words in his mouth, for the most part. She said he was in favor of gay marriage. In response, he didn't say yes I am, leave everybody alone and let them get married. He didn't even come close to saying that. What he did say was that "the libertarian position, is to stay out of people's lives. You'd think the government would have more important things to worry about." He dodged the set up pretty artfully, if you ask me, (and I know you didn't) When I saw the thread title I thought he said he supported gay marriage. When in fact, he just steers clear of the issue.
He has been in favor of gay marriage for many years now, and abortion rights.
Haha,

Way to spin it around to try to make him look like he said something he didn't junior. He never said one time to let them get married, and he never even came close to alluding to that. He basicly said to leave me out of it.

Anyways what was he supposed to do, insult the host who is a lesbian, on her own show?

Pitiful attempt junior. You've always struggled mightily with this stuff, but this may be your weakest effort yet.Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:He has been in favor of gay marriage for many years now, and abortion rights.

Well, don't get me wrong. Clint isn't my role model or anything. Just commenting on the threat pretext.
You right wing nuts are as far over the fence as you can possibly get.

He has said it time and time again without being on Ellen .

This is quite from him last year.

These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage?" Eastwood tells the magazine. "I don't give a **** about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."
Bob Seger Wrote:Haha,

Way to spin it around to try to make him look like he said something he didn't junior. He never said one time to let them get married, and he never even came close to alluding to that. He basicly said to leave me out of it.

Anyways what was he supposed to do, insult the host who is a lesbian, on her own show?

Pitiful attempt junior. You've always struggled mightily with this stuff, but this may be your weakest effort yet.Confusednicker:

Should have done some research there bob.

One day you may favor facts and what the guy actually says time and time again . Over your own opinion .
TheRealThing Wrote:23, with all due respect. He was certainly not pushing or stumping for gay marriage in his comments. In fact, Ellen put the words in his mouth, for the most part. She said he was in favor of gay marriage. In response, he didn't say yes I am, leave everybody alone and let them get married. He didn't even come close to saying that. What he did say was that "the libertarian position, is to stay out of people's lives. You'd think the government would have more important things to worry about." He dodged the set up pretty artfully, if you ask me, (and I know you didn't) When I saw the thread title I thought he said he supported gay marriage. When in fact, he just steers clear of the issue.

No one said he was. HE said exactly what the title says. You guys just assumed he supported it for whatever reason.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No one said he was. HE said exactly what the title says. You guys just assumed he supported it for whatever reason.

Okay, my bad. Have to admit this tricked me; Clint Eastwood On Gay Marriage: Leave Everybody Alone And Let Them Get Married
TheRealThing Wrote:Okay, my bad. Have to admit this tricked me; Clint Eastwood On Gay Marriage: Leave Everybody Alone And Let Them Get Married

Yep, He has never said he supports it or against it. Like he did say, He just dont give a ****!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yep, He has never said he supports it or against it. Like he did say, He just dont give a ****!

LOL, now that's my Clint.
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, now that's my Clint.

I too, Love Clint.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You right wing nuts are as far over the fence as you can possibly get.

He has said it time and time again without being on Ellen .

This is quite from him last year.

These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage?" Eastwood tells the magazine. "I don't give a **** about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Nobody needed to do any research Jeckle. You posted a link and tried to make it appear that in this link he said something that he didn't. All one has to do is click on the video and hear what the man had to say. Were you actually lyyyyiiing when you created this thread? That's what you liberals specialize in, isn't it? What are you suggesting that everybody do from now on when someone posts a link, take a college class on the subject to make sure it's all legit?....lol.... Like I said junior, you have always been miserably weak at this stuff. I would think that you and your twin brother vector would eventually just give up on this stuff. You both suck at it royally.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Should have done some research there bob.

One day you may favor facts and what the guy actually says time and time again . Over your own opinion .

Again refer to above post Jeckle. Where is Heckle tonight anyways? I figured he would be "liking" your twisted spins left and right tonight.

Then again perhaps you can't get swithched over fast enough tonight....lol
Bob Seger Wrote:Nobody needed to do any research Jeckle. You posted a link and tried to make it appear that in this link he said something that he didn't. All one has to do is click on the video and hear what the man had to say. Were you actually lyyyyiiing when you created this thread? That's what you liberals specialize in, isn't it? What are you suggesting that everybody do from now on when someone posts a link, take a college class on the subject to make sure it's all legit. Like I said junior, you have always been miserably weak at this stuff. I would think that you and your twin brother vector would eventually just give up on this stuff. You both suck at it royally.

I'm beginning to think that you did not even watch the video. ANd refused to completly read the title. Why is it TheRealThing can admit he was wrong and misread it but you cannot. Now you get Personal as usual. TO sway away from the subject.
Clint:

The condition of society right now, with the high unemployment rates and the tremendous debt we’re increasing and the government spending, we’d think there’d be [many more worthy issues] to think about [rather] that worrying about gay marriage,” he said, explaining that his views are Libertarian.

“You’re socially liberal, leave everybody alone, but you believe in fiscal responsibility and you believe in government staying out of your life,” he said.

This isn’t the first time Eastwood has spoken up about his belief that everyone should be allowed to be happy; he was quoted last year in GQ Magazine as saying he “doesn’t give a f*ck” about who marries whom, adding that everyone is making too big a deal about it.
I dont care one way or another if he endorses it or does not.. I really dont, so you dont have to go into trying to find other old links. That is not what I'm getting at. I am talking about the video clip only.

Now as far as the title and me misreading something, right now I'm just not seeing it. Perhaps you just need to draw me a picture or something , IDK.
IDC what his political views are, he is one of the best actors of all time.
Its hard to find a movie of his i dont like.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No one said he was. HE said exactly what the title says. You guys just assumed he supported it for whatever reason.

Well, not exactly. He didn't say "Leave Everybody Alone And Let Them Get Married" Having listened to the clip I do remember this--- "The condition of society right now, with the high unemployment rates and the tremendous debt we’re increasing and the government spending, we’d think there’d be [many more worthy issues] to think about [rather] that worrying about gay marriage,” he said, explaining that his views are Libertarian. You’re socially liberal, leave everybody alone, but you believe in fiscal responsibility and you believe in government staying out of your life,”

I don't have any problem in admitting when I'm wrong, I said the pretext for the thread made it look like Clint was stumping or endorsing gay marriage and, IMHO he stopped waaaay short of either. Your motive for posting it in that light, not withstanding.
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, not exactly. He didn't say "Leave Everybody Alone And Let Them Get Married" Having listened to the clip I do remember this--- "The condition of society right now, with the high unemployment rates and the tremendous debt we’re increasing and the government spending, we’d think there’d be [many more worthy issues] to think about [rather] that worrying about gay marriage,” he said, explaining that his views are Libertarian. You’re socially liberal, leave everybody alone, but you believe in fiscal responsibility and you believe in government staying out of your life,”

I don't have any problem in admitting when I'm wrong, I said the pretext for the thread made it look like Clint was stumping or endorsing gay marriage and, IMHO he stopped waaaay short of either. Your motive for posting it in that light, not withstanding.

That is right. I didn't think I misunderstood anything. Thanks for clarifying that for me. In no form or fashion did he even remotely say "let them get married".

And you are correct once again, his ONLY MOTIVE was to make it appear that he was promoting the idea in this particular out take. Perhaps he has spoken on it before. IDK, and I really dont care, but it was very clear of what Jeckle's agenda was in this thread creation.

It's like I said previously TRT, he's really not very sharp when it comes down to it and he really does suck at this stuff.
Johnson Central has a cake walk tonght. :biggrin:
TheRealThing Wrote:Johnson Central has a cake walk tonght. :biggrin:

From what I'm hearing they probably should. It's the one on Oct 19th that should be the dandy though.....lol
Bob Seger Wrote:From what I'm hearing they probably should. It's the one on Oct 19th that should be the dandy though.....lol

I haven't called the dogs in yet. :biggrin: