Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Is Running On The Democrat Ticket?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting confused. It seems like every time I see a new commercial, I see Bill Clinton talking about his presidency. Just who is running, Obama or Clinton? Obama seems to be trying to shift the focus from his failures to Clinton's success. Just because Clinton was successful doesn't mean Obama is. I can't figure out how he is still in the lead when gas is at an all time high. Job growth is stale. Unemployment is high. And government is taking over more and more of our lives. I tell you people, four more years of him and we will be told how and where to spend our money (if we have any), what and how to eat and drink, and how to live our lives. Republicans catch grief because for the large part they oppose abortion. Liberals say women should have freedom of choice. What about the freedom Obama is taking away from us? It's already started in New York. Jumbo size soft drinks are now illegal. This is just the beginning, folks. If he gets re-elected and don't have to worry about another campaign, the worst is yet to come.
The New Yorker relates:

Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.” Clinton’s role in the campaign rattled Obama. He told ABC News in an interview that Clinton “has taken his advocacy on behalf of his wife to a level that I think is pretty troubling.”

I've always heard politics make strange bedfellows.....
Surprising, isn't it, what a difference a few years can make.
Shady Grady Wrote:I am getting confused. It seems like every time I see a new commercial, I see Bill Clinton talking about his presidency. Just who is running, Obama or Clinton? Obama seems to be trying to shift the focus from his failures to Clinton's success. Just because Clinton was successful doesn't mean Obama is. I can't figure out how he is still in the lead when gas is at an all time high. Job growth is stale. Unemployment is high. And government is taking over more and more of our lives. I tell you people, four more years of him and we will be told how and where to spend our money (if we have any), what and how to eat and drink, and how to live our lives. Republicans catch grief because for the large part they oppose abortion. Liberals say women should have freedom of choice. What about the freedom Obama is taking away from us? It's already started in New York. Jumbo size soft drinks are now illegal. This is just the beginning, folks. If he gets re-elected and don't have to worry about another campaign, the worst is yet to come.

Hey Shady, you been on a trip around the world or something? I'm with ya buddy. Bill's smirk is definitely back. The only other president with a smirk like that is Obama. Talk about dueling egos. They can say what they want, Obama thinks he's totally in trouble this time, or you'd never know Clinton was still on the planet. LOL
I agree!
I think they pretty much hate each other, but both are smart enough to realise what the other one brings to the table and how they can take advantage of it.
Granny Bear Wrote:I agree!
I think they pretty much hate each other, but both are smart enough to realise what the other one brings to the table and how they can take advantage of it.

Exactly right G-Bear. Democrats espouse a very high standard of ethics when it comes to prostituting themselves for the sake of personal gain. Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:Exactly right G-Bear. Democrats espouse a very high standard of ethics when it comes to prostituting themselves for the sake of personal gain. Confusednicker:

Enron, Haliburton don't think your side is all that high and mighty...

Just for the record though I would vote for Bill today over the two people I have an option to vote for...
tvtimeout Wrote:Enron, Haliburton don't think your side is all that high and mighty...

Just for the record though I would vote for Bill today over the two people I have an option to vote for...

Says a lot about those morals you professed, doesn't it.
Bob Seger Wrote:Says a lot about those morals you professed, doesn't it.

What can I say? King David and I have alot in common:igiveup:. I won't cast that first stone will you?
tvtimeout Wrote:Enron, Haliburton don't think your side is all that high and mighty...

Well, if you think King David would vote for the one man (Bill Clinton) who did more to advance the cause of America's murderous assault against the unborn than any other, I can assure you, the two of you haven't the first thing in common. I've heard Obama in times past compare himself to Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan, (it never occurred to him that one isn't supposed to brag on one's self) Comparing one's self to King David of all people, a man after God's own heart. :eyeroll: